Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SkyLasers PL532 - 700mW 532nm

what would the maximum dutycycle be? Mine stays stable at 420 mW after 6/7 minutes.. And i have the smaller 16340 300mW version..

Maybe i will look into buying this model too

greetings,,

Blord

If it stabilize at 6/7 minutes then the laser has almost unlimited on time.
That is an eternity in portable laser time.

OT @offroadfreak8582: your signature is getting longer than mine !! :eek:

Last edited:
If it stabilize at 6/7 minutes then the laser has almost unlimited on time.
That is an eternity in portable laser time.

OT @offroadfreak8582: your signature is getting longer than mine !! :eek:

Lol yeah that's true :p But some pieces are sold allready! So The next laser i buy will take the room for the sold lasers :D As a too long signature is quite annoying :eek:

greetings to you my friend :beer:

mmm??:shhh:

without some additional passive or active cooling I , personally, would never run it for more than 3 -4 min on and an equal rest period- Ambient temp. may help or hurt if the environment is very cold or hot.
I base this on the work done on these at JETLASERS- . JL was on the scene a little before SKY and its quite clear they are selling clones, which I see no issue with-:)
Yours is very close to the , now discontinued PL-C series which both are more or less clones of the other better handheld makers that came before both.

.....having run your that long IMHO proves very little.. You may be able to do that many times over or--God forbid --you could kill it the next time--Therefore why push things??

Even copper heatsinks can only do so much w/o a fan & TEC.

I will have a sample of the new active cooled, no rest cycle PL-E Pro by next week. I will be doing graphs starting at 10 min- and increasing up to one hour in increments. I will try to monitor the heat as best as I can with a Fluke Temp probe.

My view on the active cooling is although it may be just fine to run it much longer I really cannot see, side from proving it can be run for hours, any point. In what case would someone need to run a 700mW laser for that length of time??

I look at this as a way to give the laser a very long lifetime.

If somebody wanted to do a random purchase and then test to death then we would get some valuable data on that one.. And, although I would like to think that JL is sending me a random unit... :thanks: the possibility of it being a cherry exsists so I have no intention of deathtesting.:(

Also as the ProPL-E comes in several powers and wavelengths the testing of a 445 or 532 may not be applicable to other PL-Es with different wavelengths or powers, or even the same. I feel this may be true especially with DPSS-

I am still interested in knowing the answers to my questions of the OP.
Price paid, cost to ship and waiting time.:whistle:

Additional photos would always be a nice addition to this review(still in progress)
I have always felt that follow-ups should be done on most reviews. Thats not necroposting.... its a follow-up and thosse who have subscribed to the OP will get notifications when those follow-ups get posted.

but this is just my dos centavos---hak:wave:

Tman

After 3-4min runs I always allow an =/> cooldown time.
For what it's worth the 3-4 longer runs always resulted in same average mW.

The host never gets that warm,
I mean slightly higher than body temp, maybe 110F degrees.
So it seems their cooling/heatsink is doing it's job.

somebody should get a good deal on it-- why again are you selling it?
I have a very hard time letting any go. my children are my lazors.

hmmmm. Missed spec by a few mW.

Wouldnt it be prudent to use a few different batteries? Sure this is a review but a leasr for your own knowledge. I'm no expert at testing but i can confirm different batteries will skew the results. Some name brand we use cant meet spec themselves. IMO, fresh charged AW is my benchmark and i'll use whatever cells i have as long as im familiar with the mah and rate of discharge. To keep this short plenty of batteries simply are crap.

contact AW at cpf,

but not nessasry for an 18650,
Just get some (or 1) Panasonic cell(s) from LarryDFW.

Last edited: