Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Skylaser PL445 Battery Question

I got mine from a UK company, they're pretty expensive but I have no personal experience with efest so I just splashed out on AWs. Run times aren't that much better actually, the IMR 18350 have similar capacity to ICR 16340. The way to really increase run times is to run them off 2 18650 with the battery tube extender from laserbtb, but I think they only offer these in GBs and it'd make the laser too long for my liking.

I got mine from a UK company, they're pretty expensive but I have no personal experience with efest so I just splashed out on AWs. Run times aren't that much better actually, the IMR 18350 have similar capacity to ICR 16340. The way to really increase run times is to run them off 2 18650 with the battery tube extender from laserbtb, but I think they only offer these in GBs and it'd make the laser too long for my liking.

Which company?

Tmack

Laserbtb recommended 16340 because all brands fit. Some fatter 18350 are a bit too wide for the host, so instead of having to tell people what brand fits and what doesn't they just recommend the cell that fits no matter if it's protected, wider, longer etc, instead of the 18350 where you may have some angry customers when the brand they already have is a bit too large.
Just a guess :)
The 16340 are much easier to find as said above as well.

Last edited:
Given the amount of room to spare even with 18350's I don't understand why they recommend 16340 batteries in these units as I can imagine there would be excessive play that may cause temporary breaks in contact. Who knows...

I also have some nipple top versions of the same battery that I will try out in the laser and charger when I get home. I'm pretty sure they will fit just fine as well.

If you're looking for some 18350's I'd recommend either Efest or AW batteries as they tend to be about the best quality out there and their mAh ratings are not overstated like many other brands. I wonder if the quality and discharge capability of the batteries used in these high powered lasers actually affects the overall performance? I really need to get a LPM to test these things...

So I recently just received my sky plus 445 2000mW laser and I don't know if I got a different on or not but I can definitely say that the ultrafire 18350s with the nipple tops definitely do not fit. It makes them too long and I can't get it to screw shut. I think possibly if I had them without the tops they would work. And as far as I can tell from the 1600 pics and videos I've seen it looks like the exact same exterior. Not sure why mine is different.

Mine have nipple tops and they fit. Is it just a tight fit or do they literally not even fit? If they are ICRs that might be the reason, I got IMRs.

PS, if you are in the UK, and don't mind waiting a very short while, I may be able to sell you mine. There is a distinct possibility I am going to be liquidating much of my collection (still mulling it over) so batteries would need to go too.

Last edited:
So I recently just received my sky plus 445 2000mW laser and I don't know if I got a different on or not but I can definitely say that the ultrafire 18350s with the nipple tops definitely do not fit. It makes them too long and I can't get it to screw shut. I think possibly if I had them without the tops they would work. And as far as I can tell from the 1600 pics and videos I've seen it looks like the exact same exterior. Not sure why mine is different.

Are they protected batteries? A protection circuit might make them too long. The IMR batteries are unprotected due to safer chemistry.

Mine have nipple tops and they fit. Is it just a tight fit or do they literally not even fit? If they are ICRs that might be the reason, I got IMRs.

PS, if you are in the UK, and don't mind waiting a very short while, I may be able to sell you mine. There is a distinct possibility I am going to be liquidating much of my collection (still mulling it over) so batteries would need to go too.

To be honest, I'm not sure how I can tell if these particular batteries are ICR or IMR. They're two Ultrafire XSL 18350 1200 mah 3.7V. Could someone advise what batteries I should get and where I should get them?

if you live in the U.S., you could do a lot worse than these:

AW RCR123a Protected 750 mAh Battery

they are what I use, I like them, they outlast my 18350 ultrafire evey time, even though the U.F. is supposedly 1200mAh and these are 750mAh. the U.F.s lie, period.