Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Skylaser DPL-700, 821mW 532nm green laser.

Well for the guys that want one, i will be hosting another GB when the time is ripe :p

EDIT : sweeett beamshots :drool:

Last edited:

I'm a bit surprised that the LED's are actually blue. Would make a lot more sense to use an LED of a color at a completely different part of the spectrum so it can be easy to see with goggles on.

Awesome laser... I'm decidedly jealous :D

Maybe they did a study and found out that not very many people actually use their goggles. Lol.

On a serious note, you probably aren't using a laser like that indoors, so you may not be using goggles with it as much as a lower powered one.

Most people don't use goggles much. Myself included. Basically the only time I put on goggles is when I want to LPM, or on a more rare occasion, if there is a bug that offends me and I want to exterminate it :eg:

Really wish ophir wouldn't make the casing somewhat shiny... leaves me very paranoid.

Basically the only time I put on goggles is when I want to LPM, or on a more rare occasion, if there is a bug that offends me and I want to exterminate it :eg:

LOL, my house is bug free and has been ever since I picked up my laser hobby. My 9mm is now my favorite bug zapper since it can fry them from across the room before they can scurry away :D

I am legend among insects.

Blord, I am rather jealous that I lack the cash to get one of those super 532nms PLs but I have to say I am very satisfied with my HL. Skylaser sure does make a wicked 532nm that is for sure. That prism shot from across the yard looks sweet. I love how you can see the beam continue through it and refract up and down. Three highly visible beams from one is badass.

Last edited:

Blord

I took a shot of the dot. :)
I have also made some measurements.

aperture diameter : 5mm
second diameter : 13mm
distance : 5 meter
That makes a divergence of 1.6 mrad
Laser Optics Calculators

The dot is nice round but not TEM00. Sometimes I see two dots and it changes the modes back and fort.
The dot at 11 meter is taken with a mirror in between. I realize the mirror will warp the image a bit. I should have taken a straight line in stead of the reflected beam.
DLP-700-18.jpg

Coby

Nice to hear your laser is also majorly overspec Blord :D I can't see the pictures from work though so I'll have to wait until tonight :(

sinner

Thats pretty darn good blord.. Money well spent :beer:
P.S: :kewlpics:

Do package examinations happen often? What were they looking for?

Anyways beautiful beam and :crackup: at taking a pic of the Fedex van.

Customs aren't always the smartest bunch which is lucky for us. Lasers of this size are often mistaken as flashlights which works out in the end for us. Either that or you had someone cool look at yours and they had respect for it being FDA spec(not likely lol).

Hey offroad,
looking foward to your next group buy! Since I enjoy my 405nm 500mw so much , I have since purchased a 650nm 200mw laser from Lasesbtb and had it shipped Fed Ex and got it in 5 days. It did cost me 45 dollars for that option, but it removed all of the drama of waiting. It may be a good idea to offer that option with your next group buy. Thanks again for all you have done!!

While the shipping speed of 5 days sounds awesome that cost is awfully steep o_O