Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Six colors beamshot pics!  

Six colors beamshot pics!  

***Begin Edit December 2015*** Between bumping this thread and linking it in my signature, it occurs to me that things that were a given and common knowledge on the forum when this was made are now obscure. The lasers in question that are not listed are a 23mW PS3 Blu-Ray in a Leadlight via an Aixiz module, the first ever pen 405nm courtesy Dr. Lava (still have it); my 3-18mW 473nm CNI dpss from Laserglow and labeled as an Aquarius (still have it), a 2-6mW 594nm CNI dpss from Laserglow and labeled a Rigel (the driver died but the module is still good and is a candidate for a frankenlaser in 2016) and a 2mW AtlasNova 635nm. ***End Edit December 2015***

All colors are in spectral order. For my 660 I used the Calpac keychain, and for 532 I used my Lyra-5. I still have all the full size versions if anyone wants one. I'm open to requests if anyone wants something unique.

Enjoy! :)

edit- the woman wants credit for helping with the pictures, so here it is. ;D

sixcolora.jpg

sixcolorb.jpg

sixcolorc.jpg

sixcolord.jpg

sixcolore.jpg

sixcolorf.jpg

sixcolorg.jpg

sixcolorh.jpg

sixcolori.jpg

660-
sixcoloro.jpg

635-
sixcolorn.jpg

594-
sixcolorm.jpg

532-
sixcolorl.jpg

473-
sixcolork.jpg

405-
sixcolorj.jpg

Last edited:

Kenom

Re: Six colors beamshot pics!  

ya want unique. shine all them lasers into a diffraction grating. Starfield works good.

Kenom said:
ya want unique. shine all them lasers into a diffraction grating. Starfield works good.

That would rock. I wish I had one. Hmmmm....

laserwayne said:
where did u get the orange one and what wavelength is it

Is it the second or third one over? The reason I ask is both of those wavelengths are debatable, the second over is 635nm, which to my eyes and to everyone I've shown it to is orange (though some people here call that wavelength red), which I purchased from Atlasnova. The third one over is 593.5nm, which to my eyes and and everyone I've shown it to is yellow (but some people here call that wavelength orange), which I purchased from Laserglow.

edit- when you are whipping those two around, like in the time tunnel pics, the beam, not the dot, will go one color down on the spectrum. IE, the orange turns red, and the yellow turns orange, since they're both so close to the wavelengths for the colors to change. All in all though, those colors in the pics are how these lasers actually appear. The apperent orange and yellow colors of the dots are NOT affected by this phenomenon.

edit2- epic grramer phail.

i've never actually seen a 660nm and 635nm compared before. well maybe, but i never saw any significant difference like i can tell in your pics.

HumanSymphony said:
i've never actually seen a 660nm and 635nm compared before. well maybe, but i never saw any significant difference like i can tell in your pics.

To me, it looks that different in person. Seriously.

quadcam said:
[quote author=HumanSymphony link=1217131518/0#4 date=1217132966]i've never actually seen a 660nm and 635nm compared before. well maybe, but i never saw any significant difference like i can tell in your pics.

To me, it looks that different in person.  Seriously.[/quote]
i never could tell lol. even when i had them both. i could tell one was brighter, but didn't look a different color.

WOW, those beamshots are stunning! :D It must be nice to have six different laser colours, I only have three.

You've got about a perfect laser collection to make a rainbow - all your lasers are close in power output so that helps. I can't wait to get the yellow (orange or whatever, 593nm) I'm getting thru that group buy!

Schrecken_Licht said:
You've got about a perfect laser collection to make a rainbow - all your lasers are close in power output so that helps. I can't wait to get the yellow (orange or whatever, 593nm) I'm getting thru that group buy!

It's definantly yellow as far as I'm concerned. I have a lot of friends who are familiar with my nerdlyness, who I always ask what color they think a particular laser is. This thing has never scored an orange for me. The beam, sometimes yes, but the dot, never. It is very orangish, but conditions affect it. It actually looks more yellow when there's ambient light, and it looks more amber when the lights are out. The review I did on it in the reviews section has some close to accurate color shots. I'm probably going to take more pics with this one tonight! This is easily my favorite color. I really with I had a more powerful one now!

Which yellow are you getting? Rigel or Vega 5 or 10?

Re: Six colors beamshot pics! *

Nice pictures! I wish I had a blue and "yellow" laser *;)
I have the money but my parents thinks that lasers are a waste of money *:'(

Edit:
Hey now I do have a blue laser :D

Edit2:
Hey now I do have a yellow laser :D
But no blue :(

Last edited:
Jimmymcjimthejim said:
Nice pictures! I wish I had a blue and "yellow" laser ;)
I have the money but my parents thinks that lasers are a waste of money :'(

heh as much as I like the color of yellow lasers I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on what ends up being an unstable 1-2mW of output power - I think at most I may consider buying a yellow HeNe