Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Single multi-color 3mm or 5mm LED battery status indicator?

cncyana

I'm looking for a battery status indicator :

1) full (green), medium (blue), and near empty (red) using a single RGB LED.
2) The setup would be small enough to be mounted inside a host with the LED sticking out a small hole.
3) It would be hooked-up between the on-off button and the driver.
4) It would be for a 2 lithium batteries in-series setup.

Is there such a device?

farbe2

I did design a driver with a encoder interface, RGB led output and 3 driver outputs. It displays the battery state with the encoder LED.
I also made a board that does not include any drivers. It could be used to control a blackbuck 8m.
This can also dimm, strobe, flash your laser and also includes a temperature protection.
I showed it extensively in my RGB laser build.

But you can use it for single color only if you want. I could build it custom with only one driver fitted and the modes you want. This would lower the cost.

farbe2

Sadly the LM3914/15 is obsolete, I used to build VU meters with it.

I would recommend a small attiny uC for this. Internal ADC + 2 pins for led Pwm.
A sot-23-6 case would be really small.

kecked

bummer that was one of my go to chips. Got that out of the forest mem books when I was a kid. Yea a micro can work too. I think analog for this stuff but why not Go digital. You can add other features too like blinking. My other go to was the 4066 bilateral switch. Now I use the dg302 series in it‘s place.

cncyana

Spectrum LiPo Battery Monitor HV​

$29.95​

Height - 15mm, Width - 15mm, Length - 30mm