Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

In light of some recent tomfoolery I suggest a sign up cooling off period one where you sign up it triggers a Mod to first see if the IP is one of those on the perma ban list. Second all post be postponed until Mod can see if the first couple of post aren't spamming the forum. Third some sort of barrier before rep can be giving or taken.
Some forums implement a lot more restriction to new members like cannot view pics until a certain amount of post are made like 5 or something. This suggestion would be keeping up with some forums who have updated to this kind of "protection" times are changing we should keep up. This would curtail bad behavior right off the bat thusly making for less work in the long run for the Mods. Thank you.

ARG

I like it when my links and pictures are public. I don't think there should be a restriction on that. It's also a pain in the ass if I have to log in to view that stuff.

I do agree with the other stuff you are saying, new members should be approved before their posts are made public. This would probably require more mod power than LPF has though.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey guys, i have implemented additional verifications

users now need to verify their email addresses, and they need to be manually approved by either me or the mods

the reason i had email verifications off before is that i was having bad luck w/ users sometimes not getting the emails. but that was when i was on a different server, and the IP I had inherited had some bad reputation, which i think was partial cause of the email issues.. but that was a while back.. so yah i'm going to give this a try again

Last edited:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
thanks man. and thx for the mods for the help with this new process

later guys
enjoy the forum
peace
-ave

ped

Good move Ave.

I didn't realise email verification was off. That alone will stop a lot of spammers , the fact that they have to make a new email addy will make it very tiresome for them and they'll get bored real quick.

The new user moderation seems to be working as well.

Wow, this is a really nice change/update :D

I was wondering why I haven't seen much spam lately.

Thanks for implementing this :beer:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
happy to help glad it's working