Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sigh, another Idiot

Don't these people realize they can be tracked with their TI cameras ??? eeejiots !!

It is so unfortunate these incidents keep happening. I hope it doesn't result in further restrictions on lasers in Canada or in just the province or local area. They need to impose stiff penalties for this instead of restricting or banning them like some countries have done. Here in most of the US we can easily buy and own guns but you can't go waving them around and firing them outside just anywhere or you will end up in prison for up to several years and also loose your right to own a gun. The same could be applied to lasers instead of banning them. Here in the US its not just illegal to shine a laser at an aircraft, you also can't shine a laser in the flight path of an aircraft, also not within 10 miles of any airport. One thing that worries me is the drones we now have here, usually you can't even see them, do the same laws apply if you shine a laser at a drone? What about just in the flight path? So far only the federal government is using drones here, but starting next year if not sooner state/county/local governments will be operating drones. Here in Washington state the department of transportation, King county sheriffs office and the Seattle police department will all be getting drones. They don't need them, its a terrible violation of our rights, especially once they start arming them and its a misuse of taxpayer money.

Alan

nueces

It is so unfortunate these incidents keep happening. I hope it doesn't result in further restrictions on lasers in Canada or in just the province or local area. They need to impose stiff penalties for this instead of restricting or banning them like some countries have done. Here in most of the US we can easily buy and own guns but you can't go waving them around and firing them outside just anywhere or you will end up in prison for up to several years and also loose your right to own a gun. The same could be applied to lasers instead of banning them. Here in the US its not just illegal to shine a laser at an aircraft, you also can't shine a laser in the flight path of an aircraft, also not within 10 miles of any airport. One thing that worries me is the drones we now have here, usually you can't even see them, do the same laws apply if you shine a laser at a drone? What about just in the flight path? So far only the federal government is using drones here, but starting next year if not sooner state/county/local governments will be operating drones. Here in Washington state the department of transportation, King county sheriffs office and the Seattle police department will all be getting drones. They don't need them, its a terrible violation of our rights, especially once they start arming them and its a misuse of taxpayer money.

Alan

It's the controllers minset. Anything dangerous must be controlled. They even tried to control how much soda you could buy in one portion. They have now taken licensing to absurd heights. You have to have a license to to do everything. They have arrested little kids for having unlicensed lemonade stands. They have mentally and emotionally scarred little kids for even saying the word gun in school. There is no end to this mentality and it will only get worse.

Society works when citizens are taught and encouraged to have personal responsibility in all things. When that crumbles you get a police state. :(

I like how they show a photo of the military chopper from Cairo that got lit up by the crowd, as if that has fsck all to do with this incident at all.

Last edited:
I won't really mind licensing , kinda like how you need to be licensed with the authority to own a UHF radio set.

But just don't make it so tight no one but the service can own it

Things

I've noticed since the laser laws in Australia were introduced, the rate of people hitting aircraft with them has dropped quite a bit. The thing is though - people smart enough to build their own can still have nice lasers, it purely "stops" (most of the time) retarded purchasing a high powered laser off eBay/Chinese dropship sites.

I've noticed since the laser laws in Australia were introduced, the rate of people hitting aircraft with them has dropped quite a bit. The thing is though - people smart enough to build their own can still have nice lasers, it purely "stops" (most of the time) retarded purchasing a high powered laser off eBay/Chinese dropship sites.

Or they moved to New South Wales

I won't really mind licensing , kinda like how you need to be licensed with the authority to own a UHF radio set.

But just don't make it so tight no one but the service can own it

I disagree with any "licensing", it is just the people being dumb enough to go along with Big Brother keeping tabs on you.

In fact, I think the restrictions on lasers are too much as they stand, even in the USA. Sure, a laser can blind someone. And a gallon of gasoline can burn someone's house, and the occupants as well. Where are the FDA restrictions on gasoline?

I disagree with any "licensing", it is just the people being dumb enough to go along with Big Brother keeping tabs on you.

In fact, I think the restrictions on lasers are too much as they stand, even in the USA. Sure, a laser can blind someone. And a gallon of gasoline can burn someone's house, and the occupants as well. Where are the FDA restrictions on gasoline?

Well a license is about holding the person liable in case something happens and ensuring the person is educated and a responsible adult before giving him a potential weapon that can cause massive destruction.

Oh sure, gasoline can give arsonist something to play around but its an essential product of everyone's daily life.

In the end , its all a matter of essentiality , destructibility , lethality and how many precedent case there are isn't it?

"Within minutes, cruisers descended on the area and arrested a 19-year-old male."
Man charged after shining laser pointer at HAWC2 | CTV Calgary News

DoubleFacepalmRickerPicard.jpg

Last edited: