Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should FrothyChimp Come back?

Do you think that FrothyChimp was unappreciated and should come back to the forum?

• YES

Votes: 46 75.4%
  • NO

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Who is FrothyChimp

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters

diachi

Glad that was understood the way I wanted it.

There are a few others ( that I know of ) that agree with me too.

D

Deleted member 8382

I totally agree with you. but i think the solution is as simple as ignoring the guys who ask and then ignore you. Just add bad rep so next time we do not waste our time in them.

The veterans with high rep have the power to turn someone's rep negative whenever they want (you can put a new member in the red zone with 1 negative vote).

About the idiots saying someone is scamming, as easy as ading bad rep and reply saying it's not. Noone will belive him if trusted members post saying he is lying.

And about the noobs overflow, I am the first who have started here recently, I asked a lot and I got a lot of answers, for that I try to answer as much noob questions as posible, just to avoid the veterans to waste their time sayingsomeone green lasers cannot be pot modded.

I still need to learn so much but after reading a lot here i have reached the degree in wich most of my questions need to be answered by veterans, and I would not like those to leave.

I do not consider myself a expert but neither a noob, and so I need from you. I please ask you, frothychimp and others not to leave because of this.

yours,
Albert

diachi

I totally agree with you. but i think the solution is as simple as ignoring the guys who ask and then ignore you. Just add bad rep so next time we do not waste our time in them.

The veterans with high rep have the power to turn someone's rep negative whenever they want (you can put a new member in the red zone with 1 negative vote).

About the idiots saying someone is scamming, as easy as ading bad rep and reply saying it's not. Noone will belive him if trusted members post saying he is lying.

And about the noobs overflow, I am the first who have started here recently, I asked a lot and I got a lot of answers, for that I try to answer as much noob questions as posible, just to avoid the veterans to waste their time sayingsomeone green lasers cannot be pot modded.

I still need to learn so much but after reading a lot here i have reached the degree in wich most of my questions need to be answered by veterans, and I would not like those to leave.

I do not consider myself a expert but neither a noob, and so I need from you. I please ask you, frothychimp and others not to leave because of this.

yours,
Albert

No one has left due to the influx of noobs, but they have left due to the influx of noobs who are asshats ! :rolleyes: As I said, I don't mind people asking questions, because everyone needs to start somewhere ! But it's the asshats who request answers then argue with the answers when you know better that have made people leave.

I haven't seen you do this, and I don't have problem with you asking questions and wanting to learn . :D

I don't consider myself an expert either, I consider people like FrothyChimp and Mixedgas ( from PL forum ) experts. Which reminds me, I need to do some more reading on Sams laser FAQ, that site has the answer to nearly everything laser related! :D

diachi

but those asshats you talk about are one every forum you look. Just ignore them as I said.

A forum is suposed to be a place for everyone, and i don't think leaving because of a certain people is in it is acceptable.

Well, maybe you haven't seen, but I've being doing my best, I copy you some example :p

http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=40691

Yours,
Albert

Ah, but in the case of Frothy, he left because those asshats were arguing with advice which could mean the matter between a huge fine/jail and no fine/jail for someone else. And that's totally unacceptable. Not so bad if all someone is risking is a $10 part, or not even a part. But when someone is risking practically their life, then there is a problem.

I totally agree with you that it's easy to ignore asshats, but in the case where frothy left then ignoring them wasn't an option.

Regards,

Adam

Yes, I am sure not many people would miss me... or you...or many others here. I know you were trying pretty hard to insult me but you really did miss the mark on that one as it did nothing more than produce a chuckle from me. There are only a handful of people on this board that truely would be missed by many and that contribute substantially in knowledge and materials. (Of course you and I are not such people.

LOL I'm glad you chuckled, that was the point. I do think I would be missed though. I do contribute one thing...drama LOL. This forum is like...no....exactly like a soap opera. I play the lovable A-Hole type. Others play the rash, humble, lonely, back stabbing, civil, mad, genius, and knobble types. I read how people get so upset and take the words written here to heart. Its a freaking forum people LOL. If someone makes you mad enough to change your life style, and yes lurking here is a lifestyle, than see you later. You are an idiot for letting some fool, you will never meet, and only communicate through text, make you do that. Grab a tissue will ya LOL. If Chimp wants to leave than see ya.

Keep in mind we all have the power to IGNORE. If your not smart enough to use it, then GTFO.

yours,
Albert

Hey Albert....

the only thing I don't agree on is highlighted above... and here's why...:cool:

http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=40709#10

Jerry

If you don't know the difference between your and you're -- we won't miss you.

Mike

LOL I explained loooong ago I cant spell. I'm an art major, everything else is secondary LOL. Do you know the difference between juxtaposition and contrasting composition? :thinking: More than likely not. So then I shouldn't miss you either because you know nothing about art. How silly is that statement? About as silly as that comment you just made LOL. I don't need to know how to spell, I have talent. And that my friend you cant learn in school.

I'll tell you what...make a copy of my avatar I made and I'll bow to your intellect. I'll even send you the files. I made that just messing around, its grade school compared to some of the things I've created.

Last edited:

Jaseth

I think he should stay away if he can't deal with idiots on forums. Anyone can create an account and write nonsense all over the place. The particular thread which caused him to finally crack and take off WAS plagued by a unique level of stupid, but I think Mohrenberg is bright enough to sort the clueless noobs from the wise veterans. Frothy very clearly knew a lot more about what he was saying than many of the others who were posting.
The main lesson here is really to take the internet, especially forums, less seriously and take everything people say with a grain of salt. You should easily be able to find out who to trust and who to ignore.
It's a shame that he left since he did contribute a hell of a lot to the forum, but if he can't handle dealing with and ignoring fools, this is not a place for him and he should be wherever he wants to be.

D

Deleted member 8382

anyway, jerry, if you and any other veteran vote negative they are on the red side. from here you don't need to read their posts anymore.

I understand the idiots in that post where REALLY idiots, but those kind of guys are everywhere around the world, either in the internet or RL. IGNORE THEM!

LOL LOL --- I do art in IRON at the blacksmith shop AND I paint with fire as a pyro.
Sorry that I'm not an artiest like you.

Mike

LOL LOL --- I do art in IRON at the blacksmith shop AND I paint with fire as a pyro.
Sorry that I'm not an artiest like you.

Mike

I've done some art in IRON also. I was an iron worker before I got hurt. I've done everything from custom ornamental iron to structural steel. My original plan was to do custom motorcycle frames but I blew my back out.

That was not the point I was making Mike.

Sorry for the highjack

Define Idiot:
noun

1. an utterly foolish or senseless person.
2. Psychology. a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.

D

Deleted member 8382

Define Idiot:
noun

1. an utterly foolish or senseless person.
2. Psychology. a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.
Definition nr2

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:)
15523.jpg