Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Short Review: Tiny Green Modules - O-Like

jayrob

Hmmm... I'd send that back Mike...

It should come on much better than that even at 65 degrees I would think. :thinking:

I have one and it is very nice and stable. My other two bare modules are nice too!

jay -- Read the update. It is still a little temp sens but also needs a real good cell.
It does not seem to like e2 cells.
HMike

Last edited:
I was interested in getting one of those for a project, but if the module is flaky at lower temperatures, maybe I should build a TCXO around it? Mmm, it's more and more likely that i'll simply use the 50 mW greenie module I already have, even though it's bigger. :(

Hmike, is it more stable with an alkaline cell? I thought that Energizer E2 lithium batteries were the absolute ultimate cells for power and longevity?

Robert

Rod ---

The laser puts out a little more when cool but today at pocket temp, I read 17 to 32 mW using an alkaline cell. The e2 cell is a bit too much. It can kick it to 80 mW when cool but the small head starts heating quickly and it drops to 15 mW. The Alkaline cell doesn't seem to produce as much heat.
Remember that this is small, has little heat sinking area and is powered by a single aaa cell. It is a fun little laser with the kaleidoscope cap installed and the price is right. If you need more power, stability etc for a project, you will need a TEC and therefore more power and heat sink which compromises the intended small size.

HMike

Yes, Case negative. Special hand written instructions in the packing materials.

HMike

Wow, mine looks identical in every way, but it case positive like every green i have ever owned.....strange :confused:

Intereting! My hand written note says:
"pls be noted that
"-" of battery towards tail cap
"+" of battery towards inner"

They must have gotten a new boost board. The LD is now likely isolated.

HMike

jayrob

Must be isolated like you say... :thinking:

Very interesting...

^ Seems like that would make more work for the maufacterer that way, i wonder why they would have done that

BKarim

...I don't see these modules listed on her site, but here is the little pointer that got me interested in these modules:
2 in1 Smallest green star laser pen£*>5~200mw green laser pointer£*>Laser&lighting products£*>www.0-like.com

Then I asked her if she could just get the bare modules. They were $23 ea. plus shipping...

Will do! It will just be the host, and the sleeve for the module. They you would still have to get your module...

Jay, any progress with either getting the modules sold indivdually by Susie or with a potential host candidate? I like the CR2 mini but it may be too short... The microchrome would certainly fit the bill length-wise, assuming the 8mm module is not too thick for it... An AAA is 43mm long.

But if you need anything bigger (like the mini green) then I would say this module isn't really going to bring too much, now that we have those "new" ~50mm DX modules... :undecided:

p.s. the link no longer works... can you find that laser again?

jayrob

O-like has a new site now, and I do not see them listed there anymore...
Green Lasers : O-Like, Quality Products, Great Prices

But that doesn't mean that Susie cannot get them. Just contact her and show her this thread link. Here is her e-mail:
o-like@live.cn

But yes, it would easily fit a Micro Chrome host, or a Stainless Steel 10440 host as well, except for one thing...

The tail switch would need to be taken out, and then a side button would need to be fabricated. Which would not be too difficult...

When I get around to it, I plan on using one of these little modules to build a green/blu-ray three color laser. I already have the 1.5 volt regulator. (Igor built it for me, but also gave me plans on how to build the 1.5 volt regulators)

Last edited: