Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Shop moving towards closing !!!!!!

Pman

Thanks, just had to go for a medical evaluation with SS doc yesterday but it seemed to go OK. Weird part is that I am still not finished with my right shoulder workers comp yet. Just saw the IME (independent medical examiner) last week and he knows my Orthopedist and appears to not want to go against him and recommended 6 more weeks of therapy which I'm certain insurance won't like (too bad for them). Uncertain as to how that affects my SSDI aplication as to whether it's a good or bad thing. I have an attorney that covers both.
Bottom line is God has always taken care of us regardless of circumstance and I refuse to worry about it. I think about it of course just as anyone would, fill out paperwork and do what they ask but guard myself from a pity party.
No, it's not much money to live on and my wife's health isn't good right now either and we are trying to work out her problem but if we can't she will likely have to put in for it also. We have both always given our all at work and will readily admit that the hardest thing for me was to apply for it. I thought that I would have been able to keep fighting through the pain for many more years and it's a hard thing to swallow.
My best to you and your family,

Pete

Sorry if this all seems too personal for others and it was never my intention to make any of this about me. Just happens when the subject matter hits close to home.

Ed, this is an unfortunate moment in the history of LPF, but this happens to all of us sooner or later. I too am old and in very poor health and won't be here forever. Your son was kind enough to give me a discount on 3 hosts on Christmas eve 2013, in recent months I purchased my best host of all from you, the vintage flashlight with leather grip, all 4 are of the highest quality and were bargain priced. I had hoped one day to have you make something extra special if I ever had the money, but I don't have much these days.

Someone will step forward and fill the gap you leave here at LPF, they may succeed you, but they could never fill your shoes.

Best of luck to you and to your son. Enjoy your retirement.

Alan