Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Shop moving towards closing !!!!!!

Hi everyone,
I am Ed "eac67gt" and Mike's "mrcrouse" father. I have been running shop for him while he finished college. Most of the machining that ever came out of here I performed.
Mike has decided he wants to pursue other interests when he graduates in a month. This leaves me totally holding the bag or shop as it were.
Some of you may know that I am disabled due to brain surgery. To completely run this shop is more than I am capable of doing. My attempts at it have run me into the red.
I feel I have no choice but to close shop or become retired as they say.
I will be willing to discuss the possibility of a project but no promises.

I will be posting soon all the hosts, some with heat sinks and some without, and focus knows and lab heatsinks for sale at discounted clearance prices. Watch for these because I will mark them extremely low just to move them out.
I add am going to try to sell certain hosts as a lot. I have several maglites, C11s and 501Bs.
It has been lots of fun and great satisfaction building for you.

Have a great day!
Ed

Greetings,

Sorry to hear we will no longer have access to your excellent machining services. I am sure with Mike out of the picture it is a lot of work.
Will you only be selling off stock, or will you be doing anymore machining before closing ?

cheers,
Moe

I have small amount of stock I will be listing.
As far as additional machining let's call it semi-retired with choice of what I decide I'll take on. In the past I said no to no one. Now I am going to have to be real choosey. Honestly it really has to be worth my time and I mean no offense to anyone. The builds like C11s, 501Bs and certain maglite builds will come to an end.
All you can do is ask. The machines are going no where.
Ed

Jstr

Sorry to hear that, I'll try to help you out and snag a host or two.

Ditto for me, sad news because your work is so wonderful.

I bought 4 Zasers custom modified from You (black anodized, white powder coated, aluminum polished with gloss coating and the last Real Silver powder coated). I admit that I had some issues in the last three Zasers, but with some simples changes I solved every kind of problem.
Zaser is my favorite host together Sinner's Cypreus II.
I'm so sorry that You leave the market.
In my modest opinion you may continue Your beautiful craftmanship with a workload lower or slow down your work. It 'a shame to learn a good job like this and then throw it in the drawer ...
Best wishes.

Richard.

Last edited:
I will bet there are enough of us wanting fairly time consuming hosts made for us which are worth his while to work on, if he just stops doing the low cost ones and only offer to do the ones which meet a minimum price, but a price high enough to be well worth his time then everyone is happy :)

you and your work will be missed if you can no longer do it. There is a time everyone has to call it quits.
Ed I will never forget the conversation we had last year and how much you helped me cope. Thank You so much, and thanks for the stuff I did get to buy from you. You ever need something you have my number buddy.