Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SHIPPING!!& DELIVERY ASAP UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYMENTS

Re: UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYMENTS

It seems like not all LKs pick up the sound the same- Peter(P man) was also not happy with his - so he made an audio -in jack to his sound signal comes via the headphone jack in his sound system and thus does not rely at all on the volume or how close the PJ s to a speaker [...] let me know if you cant find Pete's thread on this.

I search but am not able to find his post.

I'd like to modify the unit because I currently have to really tap hard on the case to make it trigger. There are a lot of neat patterns available from those "SO_" control.

Last edited:

Hi Wendy, I have also found the sound to light pretty unresponsive, I find it only goes into blackout mode when turned down to 6 or less but, then when it’s that low like you said you need to tap on it or get some uber bass on the go! I find when I turn the mic up to 9 it never goes into blackout mode, even with no music playing the mic now seems to be too sensitive at setting 9 and will now pick up and run just on the internal sounds of the projector.

Here’s Pman’s post on his excellent mic mod, this post can be found on the first page of this thread

I can take some pics of the inside of my PD2 and post them.

tec3.jpg

72na.jpg

nvc8.jpg

Also, I had bought 3 little condenser mics from radio shack and soldered a couple wires to the back pins of the mic that is inside the unit so that I can make it much more sentitive if I want by using multiples in parallel. My issue with actually mounting them is that I need to drill some holes and I don't know what this means warranty wise. Will say that the soldering was a bit edgy without cutting any of the tie-wraps. Ended up cutting a point on an old soldering iron to get on those joints. Could mount them practically anywhere including in all different places since the units reaction time on these units isn't like right on a beat (always seems a tad late).
The part number on the mics is 270-0090. Would be easy enough to add a jack to the unit too to connect a mic seperately outside the unit. I've heard of someone else adding the jack and then just plugging in a source but it makes me wonder what it would take to overload the circuit since no-one seems to have any real info. on the circuitry. Right now none of the extra mics are connected as I try to figure out what I want to do with mounting and whether I should go ahead and do it or not.

1jt2.jpg

You can see those pins in a different angle after I soldered a couple wires to them for adding more mics or a jack.
j0b2.jpg

g4l9.jpg

vdl7.jpg

Here's the aux jack added to the PD2:) Works fine. It's a 274-0248 stereo jack from Radio Shack wired on the left and right terminals (not the ground).
This allows you to hook up practically anything now. Doesn't appear to be any overloading issues. If you wanted, you could always add a volume control inline for even more control.

84l7.jpg

Wired in with a couple of wire nuts any tye wraps for now.
awoe.jpg

pbmp.jpg

ds84.jpg

y6z0.jpg

I'm also thinking about doing this mod and adding a female jack port to my PD2 as I think being able to have a good external mic or plugging the music source directly into the PJ should work loads better than the little on board mic currently.

Hi Wendy, I have also found the sound to light pretty unresponsive, I find it only goes into blackout mode when turned down to 6 or less but, then when it’s that low like you said you need to tap on it or get some uber bass on the go! I find when I turn the mic up to 9 it never goes into blackout mode, even with no music playing the mic now seems to be too sensitive at setting 9 and will now pick up and run just on the internal sounds of the projector.

Here’s Pman’s post on his excellent mic mod, this post can be found on the first page of this thread

I'm also thinking about doing this mod and adding a female jack port to my PD2 as I think being able to have a good external mic or plugging the music source directly into the PJ should work loads better than the little on board mic currently.

Thanks! My PD2 behaves differently... Set to 9, I have to really tap hard on the case to get it to respond and sequence. With no sound, it does auto blank out. SO for whatever reason, mine is pretty insensitive to sound. Wish it were as simple as some potentiometer but perhaps it's some flash setting or just the way the mic is. I'll have to see what I can do.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Re: SHIPPING!!& DELIVERY ASAP UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYM

That's great news Hak! The PJ's are in Ohio; my tracking still shows only that it has departed Hong Kong.
If they're in Ohio, I can almost see them from here! :wave:

@ Hak - Good news, power is back on!

Tmack

Re: SHIPPING!!& DELIVERY ASAP UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYM

Just pumped my kitchen full of fog and cranked up the 3D. Absolutely amazing. Really surprising to see hw well the beam show is. Setting 6 has some awesome flat beams that circle very nicely.

Just noticed I got my tracking number for the LKRGB5 :D I can not tell you how excited I am to hear that!

Anyone know if parts are available for these? Would just like to buy the stepper and wheel assembly.

Do you know what speed the scanners are in the LKRGB5? I want to say they are 20K but I am not sure.

Oh boy Oh boy oh boy!!!

Only responds to uber bass huh? well maybe I'll mod it like Pman later but for now this could work

Last edited:

Anyone know if parts are available for these? Would just like to buy the stepper and wheel assembly.

I think I can answer that for you-- The guys at PleX tried very hard to just buy what you are looking for and hit a brick wall -One purchased a LK PD2 ONLY to get a peek inside in person- then he sent it to me to sell for him.. as Linna did provide a bunch of 'under the hood' pics- Parts needed for repair on the other hand come quick and free- no begging to get a replacement green module- no need to PROVE it was needed or to send the underprefroming one back to China- we got the part expressed shipping 4 days after I mentioned we needed it.

WE have one LK PD2 completely down ATM and i am starting a new thread on the fix with hope of help from members like PBall and others-- Linna is putting her best repair guy with us and he will walk us thru the trouble shooting and final repair- something I REALLY needed to learn and IMHO the very best way to fix a broken PJ- cheaper- faster and a learning experience so by doing it at the forums I hope others will learn along with me. So far my under-edcatuated guess is a bad power supply. cord Ok--fuse good- when powered up or down the mirrors each move a bit once only - maybe going to the default position?? - but the galvos are getting energized but nothing more- I DO have a working one here so that may give me an advantage---

@ Dr Z iirc we were promised the 30K and 1400mW but the owners guide say the higher power version is 1300mW maybe they are overspece that 100mW OR maybe when these were upgraded to analog modlation the power went up that much-- we will know a lot more on MONDAY as so far all but one or two will be delivered already.

No tracking came to me for 'Coh.Thought' Patrick- and many calls to dhl gave no results- I am waiting now for lLinna to arrive at work=she has emaills waiting from me.
Could the box get shipped but not scanned? if so once they scan the entire shippment I would think it would THEN be in the 'system' next chance to call DHL is monday- the phones go to machine all day Sunday.
sorry Pat-:yabbem: I am on it --

dont forget guys - when delivered if you see noticable box damage ask DHL to stay a few minutes while you open to see what happened inside if anything.

A N D if you may not be home call yr local dhl and make arrangements. Better you wait an extra day than get your box stolen- You CAN print up a note w/ yr tracking number and a request to leave with neighbor etc and sign it.

I used to leave a car door unlocked- and the delivery dood would put my box inside and lock the car door..

:thanks::beer::beer::beer:

Hak

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Hooray, the LK-3D has landed!!! :wave:

DHL just now dropped it off; packaging was intact and in good shape, although it had a DHL "SECURITY CHECKED" sticker on it.
The inspection sticker was stamped with a "HKG" station stamp, so i'm assuming it was checked before it even left for the states.

Going to wait a while to turn it on, it's colder than hell (10 deg. outside), must have been on the truck all night.

Last edited:

Just got the LKRGB5 at around 11, this is a high quality build. Now time to do some alignments...
Just got everything aligned but it does not seem to want to make any orange color for some reason.

Last edited:

Just looked at DHL track- so far all but one are either delivered or 'with courrier' or 'forwarded'- The was a glitch for the LK 3D going to 'Coh.Thought'.- she asked this morning for his zip code..

yes alignment I am told is something one needs to get used too- even when they are being transported by the owner/operators themselves they can get off a tad-- PLEASE take some pics while you do that and share -- hak

Hey Hak,
My PD2 just got here. I will let it warm up a bit and then fire it up. There should be a bunch of photos posted tomorrow!