Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SHIPPING!!& DELIVERY ASAP UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYMENTS

Re: UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYMENTS

Yeah like I said didnt think you were the cause of this. Just finding out one thing after another when trying to get a projector on my own and then thinking wait, something isnt adding up. It really sucks when companies advertise as free and then you get hit with crap on the rear end.

Well now I have to decide to wait for your next GB or do something on my own and see how it goes. Have until late January to take advantage of the sale from Linna so we will see how surgery and xmas goes.

Thanks for chiming in :beer:

I have no complaints as long as I get what I paid for, brand new and shiny :D

Any idea what the hold up on the tracking numbers might be?

Last edited:

Thanks
no offence was taken- When i first joined LPF and looked into a GB that was starting I too had my doubts if it REALLY was a better deal. And sadly a few GBs have REALLY gone very badly with forum members getting banned and buyers getting nothing or WAY less that promised (are you reading this Kiyo??- do you still lurk here DAOO/B.F./et al?)

Since Friday I have sent daily emails to LK asking for the tracking-(our funds were sent on Monday morning) why we do not have it is a mystery as if they have time to reply to questions being asked off forum then why not the time to get these boxes into the hands of DHL? Al I have heard back is they the modding of the LKRGB5s 'should' be completed by Dec 28th which SHOULD have no bearing upon the rest of the order as we knew about the RGB5 from the very start. I was also told that LK would be working this weekend so they can be off for the China Holiday at the end on Jan. so why these are not boxed and handed to DHL is baffling. I would not expect shipping to go as planned EVERY time..

But keep in mind that both Linna and I are just 'monkeys in the middle' we have to answer to the buyers and the bosses. We don't really get to say every time when sales start/end or when a special deals will happen.

For reasons just like we are dealing with right now GB are for sure NOT for everyone be it a buyer or the host- if you have not read or have forgotten please go to the GB section and read the stickies. I am forced to wait l just like all- I had to borrow money to make the quota for the LK RGB5 upgrade deal and we were still short the needed number= I would have been disappointed having to refund on those PJs
so once the LRGB5 gets to me i will only be able to use it long enough to take pics- do the metering and write a review THEN I need to sell it- hopefully not at a loss.

Let me also say this- I sold two LK PD2s at Greedbay for around $700 EACH SO did I rip these buyers off? Should I feel bad making a small profit? (PP & EBAY fees and shipping came from my end BTW, so I actually made very little profit)

peace HK

Last edited:

Oh when it comes to ebay, you my friend are the one getting ripped off so yes that price increase is justified lol

Don't forget that eBay will also charge you AFTER you have sold your product

So just got a slightly fishy response from Linna. Inquired about paypal payments and she said paypal was accepted but I'd need to pay 4.4% + $35 transfer fee (fee to transfer the money from paypal to their bank account?). First off the paypal fee is 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction so not sure where 4.4% is coming from. Also its free to transfer funds to your bank account so not sure why I'd be charged $35. Laser King is starting to sound a bit fishy and wants everything done via money order. Less protection for the buyer, hmmmmmm

Group Buys

If you have read the stickies... you should know of a few risks we all must share.
and when we think we know all of those a new one can come along.

Why are we not getting delivery before Chriatmas-- no one thing/person was to blame- the ONLY thing we all knew in advance was that Christmas will be coming Dec 25th - so one GBer had to drop off a few weeks ago- I tried to find/coax etc a few others who had shown interest- I got Linna to fix us being short one of the 5 required to get tthe KLREGB5 at the price- I was able to borrow from friends to cover one but then one more was forced to drop very near the last possible day- he lost a weeks work while S.Africa mourned the death of Nelson Mandella. very sad . he was an incredible person and a true humanitarian.

WE were allowed to move forward without Bruce as we got a last minute reprieve from ReaperZ New Zealand- who had to pay a premium price to join as our funds were already being transferred, and at that point there was NO WAY to wait it even one more day . Money transferred from my PP to my bank took one more day than normal when it was all there we were into Sat. and while my bank IS open until noon on Sat. they could not do thr bank transfer until monday-

so here we are-
the full amount has been sent- and the soonest we can expect LK to hand our boxes on to DHL China will be AFTER DEC 25--- IF ALL GOES AS PLANNED.

another risk can be added to the list- 'stuff happens'- delivery can be estimated but making a promise is risky- Brian can make arrangements with neighbor- or friend locally or he can have DHL hold his LK SD2 until he returns from family visit out of state. if you had plans for you projector on Christmas I am sorry that they will not happen- But delays=are part of the deal- Miss Linna has a good command of the English language BUT there still can be misunderstandings= there is a 12 hour time difference- different cultures on the other side of the planet. Imagine what it was like when a telegraph was the only way faster than a letter.

here read this--

Linna Lin <info@laserking.com.hk> Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM
To: L Henz <hakzaw1@gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
Hi Len
I am sorry for delay your reply.
For it's weekend.

How about your weekend ?

Sorry for bringing your in trouble.

Last week, I said the products would send out about 26-28 December.

I had checked with production department.

If everything goes well, all products will send to you 26 December.

Best regards

Linna Lin
Sales manager

******** from me

and my reply to Linna message today
"
THANK YOU-
I make misuderstanding
I was thinking that you say the 4 pcs LKRGB3 would be finish by Dec 28 and I had to hope the other projectors would ship sooner- I will let our buyers know to expect tracking numbers soon but they can be OK to wait a few extra days--It always seems that when we get close to a Holiday each day happens SO fast.

One member will be away from his home from Dec 25 and he can make arrangements with DHL by calling and giving his tracking number then DHL can hold Projector at local office until he returns or make a plan with DHL so he can have another receive his LK SD2- no worries--

Can I tell our buyers that DHL will have the addresses on a certain day this week? You told me that this could happen and so i am to blame for the need to send payment a few days later than we planned- It was nothing anyone could change. Money did not transfer from PayPal into my account as soon as I had hoped.

Hope for good news soon-- Please add to box coming to Marc Herns(LKRGB5) one extra owner's manual for LK PD2 I have lost one and would like another manual- .
best wishes Len

FYI Greedbay and poop pal play by different rules in cvhina- i have hear from many others that this is true-

as far as the comment by BubonicCronic- there is no such RULE- some ARE done this way and some are not- and as BubonicCronic is not a member of this group buy he has no say in this matter anyway-- each group buy is different as the same with group buy hosts- if some want to risk losing money when being a host that is their choice ..and the list of hosts that this has happened to is a long one- but I plan to keep my name off that list. tracking asap.

Len

and this just here now--
Hi Len
Merry Christmas.

Hope you can have a great holiday, and sunshine day.

Ok. When I sent the products out , I will details of every tracking number .

I am sorry for delay a little this time.

For it's end of this year, also, we don't have all in our stock.

Then we need a little more time.

Also, the last LK-RGB5 will need more than the former LK-RGB5 3pcs. For
the analogue laser modules (LK-RGB5 3pcs) had shipped out to our factory.

The last one can't catch the former 3pcs. Will send at the end of this
month.

I had told to RapperZ, he can wait for more few days.

Thanks for your time

Linna Lin

My last comment on this-- I have done three group buys for LK projectoers BEFORE this one. more than 34 projectors and Around $5000 per GB-I am doing nothing different this time- I have 8 successful GBs completed for JETLASERS- maybe more than 80 lasers totaling many many thousands of dollars- I have never taken advantage of anyone.
I have done my best to make EVERYONE happy.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Hey Len, Thanks for the updates. The delays suck, but s**t happens!

Running a G.B. is a tough job, it makes you the "middleman", and that is a thankless position, you catch hell from both ends.

Hopefully, everybody that ELECTED to join this G.B. has read the "stickies", and is aware of the risks involved.
Hell, if you don't like the terms, don't join the G.B.!

I can understand the veterens and the participants asking pertinent questions, but a new member on his 2nd post, and not even a G.B. participant, questioning how you do business? You gotta be kidding!

Hak - keep up the good work, and have a Merry Christmas!!! :san::san::san:

Thanks for the update Hak. I'll definitely have to arrange for the package to be held at the DHL office until I get back the 31st. I'll then hope I can get this thing running same day....

That's what I am saying. You do good work Len, thanks for taking the time and effort to organize these. I appreciate it and I am sure everyone else does as well.
Hey Len, Thanks for the updates. The delays suck, but s**t happens!

Running a G.B. is a tough job, it makes you the "middleman", and that is a thankless position, you catch hell from both ends.

Hopefully, everybody that ELECTED to join this G.B. has read the "stickies", and is aware of the risks involved.
Hell, if you don't like the terms, don't join the G.B.!

I can understand the veterens and the participants asking pertinent questions, but a new member on his 2nd post, and not even a G.B. participant, questioning how you do business? You gotta be kidding!

Hak - keep up the good work, and have a Merry Christmas!!! :san::san::san:

Just got a PM at the show forum from a member there asking about DMX controllers for the LK PD2 he just purchased(from LK) for $545-- hmm 515$ vs 545$ do the math.

IF you have never hosted many/any laser GBs you really are not completely informed about how they work or in some cases NOT work. Some did very few GBs after getting burned.

WE have seen them getting passed off to others- or refunded costing the HOST some money- I feel I have failed if a new buyer does not also become a new friend. Only those with working crystal balls can foresee the future and know in advance what came happen when things break bad.

I 'should' have our tracking numbers in 3 days- I dont OPEN post them BTW- a bad idea-
Once you have the tracking check every morning around 9AM your local time. you shold see 'on truck for delivery' a day/night after seeing 'Depart Hong Kong'

dont forget to give the box a quick look-over- if a corner has gotten squashed in it may be a good idea to ask the delivery person to wait a minute while you open your box and give the PJ a quickie inspection- rotate the PJ and listen carefully for the sound of ANYTHING loose inside. ( personally saw this twice with REKE PJs from 'Lasersman')
If you feel the need, don't be shy about asking the delivery person what to do next if you suspect any damage. Anyone expecting something shipped half way around the globe to still ALWAYS be working 100% must be a newcomer. Lasershow operators must tweak their PJ s quite often even if THEY were the ones transporting the PJs.
I have looked into starting a company and frankly its WAY more work than I EVER Imagined- if you sign a contract and say you will have two laser projectors there what do you think happens if one fails?? UNless you have a back-up PJ ready to replace the failed one you will NOT get paid. Wendy prolly has some stories about 'When a GIG goes bad' working for a share from the door-- hmm how much is half of nothing?

Set -up the day before and you find some gear stolen when you return??
OUCH!-- I personally know an Owner/Operator of a fairly big outfit and he still keeps his 'day job'--

I read that it took a big crew(w/ three LSOs) three days to set up for a 4 minute show

- SNL three nights ago 'Justin Timberlake' BUT WOW what an impressive display and 100% safe too.. goggle and see the vids. awesome work I Must Say. hk

Last edited:

Sorry the hear that one Wendy- but not all that surprozed- I know a local DJ that fears having his some of his 'thunder' stolen if really cool lasershow was added to his gigs.

Last Sat we saw that kinda happen when at SNL Justin Timberlake did a 4 min song with 7 20W pjs behind him on the floor going upwards around him and a few more coming down from above.. this was an awesome display and i read it took three full days to set up and make safe for a show less than 5 min long-and the service of three LSOs too.
you can google and find a vid- or perhaps JT will have these same lasers with him on tour- it would be a great thing to see live for sure...

UPDATE ON GB #4

Our boxes have been handed to DHL Express China- I hope to send tracking #s out tonite to all- this increases our odds of seeing them before the end of the month. (NYE)

But even as Xmas rush is over there are still a lot of packages going out of China which may mean a longer time to wait than 'normal' but at the same time the larger volume of packages lessens the chances of inspections= Out of maybe 60+ shipping to USA from JL and LK none have been re inspected .

I just now (4:30 PM Houston time_) & I called DHL Express tracking at 1-800 225 5345-
and was told our labels have not yet been printed and thus in the 'system'

In the past a few times i was able to get tracking #s before the sender had them.

You can try yourself later tonite- 1st when you get the DHL 'machine' say 'Something else' then again say 'representitive' and that should direct you to a live agent
You then ask (nice) if they can see if your name or zip code is in 'the system'- for a express box coming from China-- if so, they will give you your tracking number-

So once you have that you can track at DHL.com and if your box is there you can rt. click and 'send shortcut' to your desktop- then the next day you just click once and the newest tracking on your box will show. BTW NO other shipper will do this for you- I know as I have tried with all of them and some even say doing that is impossible hmmmm
IDTS--
DO NOT ever put anyone's tracking number in ANY open forums.
BUT PLEASE do let us know you got yours as a post in this thread. AND the current status of your box..

good luck to all- hope we have these in hand to enjoy New Years Eve. Also if you can remember PM e when yours arrives- and the day and time it happened I am keeping a log of the track record for my GBs using DHL Express- current fastest delivery was to Houston and took AFAIK just 60 hours!!

ALSO (Brian) once you have your tracking and a much better idea of when delivery will happen you CAN call yr local DHl office w/ yr track # and make any arrangements you want to insure quick delivery including asking them to hold for pick up at thier office or handing your package to a neighbor etc.--

DHL should be going by normal hours as NYE falls mid week-So they will only be closed AFAIK on Jan 1--BUT if there is no one there to sign your package will go back to the office and if that happens on Dec 31st you next chance is not until Jan 2--ONCE track sez "departing Hong Kong' get ready-- could be at your place the next day. ALSO again if you see outer box damage your best choice is to open in the presence of DHL -- so ask them to please wait while you open to see inside. Ask for them to help you with a damage claim-- so far only a very few slight dents to the enclosure or the handle... nothing we cannot deal with ourselves. Missalignment is common',,, happens often when PJs get transported and the owners manual has the steps you take to fix this common and minor issue. Linna carefully checks all our PJs and none get sent out that are not working as near as possible 100%.

So anything that happens was done AFTER Linna did her 12 hours of testing--
so either post here or send me a PM about your delivery- the day and time and if anything needs fixed- I am here for all my GB members and not just for a short time. I even help those who did not get the LK PJ from me. IMHO that is how it should be.

Happy New year to all!!

Len

Last edited:

Thanks for the update Hak. As long as I can make arrangements for it to be held at their office I can pick it up on the 31st.

What is the audio response fix for the LK-PD2? It's so insensitive at the highest software setting that I have to thump the projector to get an input signal. It's like they designed the audio range with some über sub bass in mind! Internal mic would work as-is if we could change the input level more.

It seems like not all LKs pick up the sound the same- Peter(P man) was also not happy with his - so he made an audio -in jack to his sound signal comes via the headphone jack in his sound system and thus does not rely at all on the volume or how close the PJ s to a speaker- he took pics and posted then as a tutorial how-to....looks so easy I may even try that when i get the time- but this issue is fairly common with most all Chi-Jectors my rekes all have lousy sound response - another solution could be wireless using one of those 20$ hearing-aid things that run from batteries -- looks like an old 6 transisitor radio us older members may remember- another solution could be to remove the tiny mic from the PJ and splice a long enough wire to be able to place the mic right on the nearest speake---------r let me know if you cant find Pete's thread on this.

UPDATE

I called DHL Express tracking at 1-800 225 5345-
with Brians zip code in hand and got his tracking number with expected delivery to him in Ft Worth TX on the 30th BUT when I tried several other the numbers were not yet in the system so perhaps you may want to try again tonite and if needed again in the morning -that 800 number does not work on Sundays- when you get the recording say 'something else' and then 'representitive) to get a live person- thell them you package is coming by DHL Express from China--offer your zip code and last name and if a shipping label has been generated they will give you your tracking . I expect Linna to send these to me tonite (today in China)apparently they use a service to get the [ackages from them to DHL so sometimes the actual seller gets the tracking a day later-- Once you have the tracking all happens pretty fast- when you see 'departs Hong KOng' get ready for delivery in less than 24 hours- make safer arrangements if no person will be there to sign and IF you are living in a place where its a bad idea for boxes to be just left you MUST contact DHL local and work something out with them- I cant do that for you.. dhl does work on Sats but NOt on Sundays in USA- Express works 24/7 no days or hours off.

with some luck we all will be enjoying our new toys on New Years Eve

hak