Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sharp violet laser diode 1100-1600mw for sale

[QUOTE = "bloompyle, post: 1550101, member: 18203"] Tôi sẽ lấy nó! [/ QUOTE]
Pm got,please check

Hi Trinh, no I don't have lpm. I am using the graph from a seller on ebay.
Also, I too blew a diode at 1100mA.

I found that at 1100mA the diode gets very hot after even 30 seconds. The specs on the diode from sharp suggest 400mA max, but at 520mA it only gets warm after 2-3 minutes. That is, heat through the heat sink.

Many of us here are always trying to push the limits on these diodes. Then they are surprised and angry when the diode fails. I don't get it. Why push it to get a few hundred extra milli-watts?

Many of us here are always trying to push the limits on these diodes. Then they are surprised and angry when the diode fails. I don't get it. Why push it to get a few hundred extra milli-watts?
maybe 1100ma is too much for this diode, if want a 1w power, i think 700ma is enough

Benm

I think people get more disappointed than angry when it burns out at such high currents, especially when other people have operated them at the same current and their laser did not burn out quickly.

Anything you do beyond the manufacturer spec is at your own risk: If the manufacturer states an absolute maximum forward current of 400 mA, and you run it at 401 mA, the product can fail instantly. It usually will not, but the further you exceed the maximum the greater the chance of a failure happening soon is.

Lets put it this way: if you have tires on your car that are rated for 120 mph, they'll probably be okay doing 130 for a bit. But what you're doing here is strapping a rocket to the back of the car, driving it 300 mph and expect the tires not to explode. I don't suggest you actually try this with a car, but can pretty much guarantee you'll be on the rims (or off to space) before hitting 300 mph.

A LPM shows you more than maximum output, you also see how fast your output falls from peak and what difference a good heat sink makes, if pushing this diode hard a full copper module and appropriate size host should be used to give the diode every advantage, also if your driver can ramp up the current that should help.

hi,
Many folks will tell you that running the 405 to hard to reach the 1W holy grail isn't worth loosing it in a very short period of time. many of these diodes fail fast being pushed at that range. This has been discussed time and again . For instance the BDR-209/405 will do well at 600mA . Thats a 3.8mm diode and needs good heat sinking. I can't see 1100/1600 mW's possible for long. These diodes get very angry fast
and quit. sorry for being late here just wanted to see other folks replies .

Rich:)

Hi,
Ok what size is this diode 3.8/5.6/9mm sorry if I missed that.

Rich:)