Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sharp GH04955A2G/ The New 495nm diodes

I love this 490nm color... How many year for the direct yellow ?
Sorry for multi-post

i think that someday the yellows gonna be produced for projectors because 555nm is the brighest wavelengh in our eyes,we are lucky that on projectors history started from the low 445nm,projectors was the reason that we have so many high power 445,450,455,460 and we are currently on 520nm diodes.the yellows could be introduced to replace the currently green diodes on projectors.

Last edited:

DTR

EDIT thought I was posting in the thread I started on the 490nm version.

Last edited:
im not a pro or something im just saying my opinion that it could be use higher wavelengh diodes to improve visibility somehow

I think we simply have to ask the efficiency and gamut coverage questions in order to produce N-lumens of white/colors from the laser sources...
I don't know how the yellow can help because it's easy to do with the existing red/green sources.

I got my diodes in finally and have a couple of 487nm diodes now for sale. They can be pushed to 275 mA if well heat sinked and remain 488nm for those who are interested. Send me a PM.

Encap

i think that someday the yellows gonna be produced for projectors because 555nm is brighest wavelengh in our eyes,we lucky that on projectors history we started from the low 445nm,projectors was the reason that we have so many high power 445,450,455,460 and we are currently on 520nm diodes.the yellows could be introduced to replace the currently green diodes on projectors.

im not a pro or something im just saying my opinion that it could be use higher wavelengh diodes to improve visibility somehow

Not iikely--of course there are no yellow direct diodes much less high output yellow diodes.

Human color vision is based on sensitivity of the retinal cones cells to red, green. and blue wavelengths - trichromatic color vision.
Peak cones cell wavelength sensitivities are what they are.

Mixing laser wavelengths does not create any new wavelengths--just an illusion of other "colors"

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_vision

Last edited:
Not iikely--of course there are no yellow direct diodes much less high output yellow diodes.

Human color vision is based on sensitivity of the retinal cones cells to red, green. and blue wavelengths - trichromatic color vision.

ixing laser wavelengths does not create any new wavelengths--just an illusion of other "colors"

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_vision

i didn't say that there are direct yellow diodes and also didn't meant to make yellow from combining other colors,i was talking hypothetical if ever produced direct yellow diodes.

Encap

i didn't say that there are direct yellow diodes and also didn't meant to make yellow from combining other colors,i was talking hypothetical if ever produced direct yellow diodes.

I got the hypothetical part.
I thought you were saying replace green wavelength laser with yellow laser diodes--would not work/not produce the "colors" that R,G, B produce.

I guess R,Y, G, B wavelength projectors could be made. Would need new/different electronics, programs and so on--not sure they would be any better or more visible than R,G,B. Doubt the industry would waste the time and money on it unless dramatically better.

Last edited:
Yellow + Blue do a sort of white:D
Like red + aqua laser do a sort of white (a bit pink)

rgb.jpg

I buyed a binned 488nm diode from Paul:D

Last edited:
Sorry fort the delay, but I've been very busy lately. I have the measurements for the last five diodes that ZRaffleticket had sent to me for wavelength measure.

#1 486.2nm at 120 mA

#2 487.0nm at 130 mA

#3 490.3nm at 110 mA

#4 491.5nm at 120 mA

#5 489.6nm at 130 mA

So, there you have it for all 25 of his diodes. :thanks:

Send him a PM. I have a build with one that measures under 488nm after being on for 30 seconds. It is in a EDC copper host I got from Rich.

Last edited: