Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Selling diodes

You wont sell any, especially when Jordan sells them for cheaper and is a trusted member here......

The diode provider of LPF, pretty much the ONLY person ALL of LPF buys diodes from. You'd need to sell yours at roughly $30-35 shipped if you want to sell to any educated LPF buyer, otherwise you are stuck with the fleabay crowd and even then, Jordan sells on fleabay as well so not much luck for you.........

Try not to be so harsh Livinloud, we need competition in the market to keep prices down.

@ DoctorEvil

Your competition sells bare M140 diodes for $45 shipped, and he has a very good rep. That's what you'll have to compete with but if your prices compete and your customer service is good you'll build a good rep pretty quick. GL!

Last edited:

rhd

Try not to be so harsh Livinloud, we need competition in the market to keep prices down.

Do we?

It seems to me that DTR keeps his prices fairly low without substantial competition in this community. Competition can keep prices low, but other things can too - like being part of a community that you want to support, being knowledgeable and interested in the products you're selling, enjoying what you do, etc.

I can't tell you the number of times that I've been browsing AliExpress and have noticed what seemed like cheap diodes being shipped out of China, only to realize that DTR was basically selling them for the same price, or just a couple percent higher.

How is it harsh, its reality. Jordan is trusted by EVERY member here who has ever bought from him. He has not once sent a dead doide, ships super quick and as RHD said, has pretty darn good prices PLUS is in the USA. If I could buy a bare diode for $45 shipped from Jordan or $40 shipped from this seller, I'd pick Jordan EVERY time. He'd need to sell them at $30-35 shipped for me to even take the risk. I can trust Jordan and know I'll get a working diode in two days. No offense but what does the OP have for credibility? Nothing? Yup nothing.

Harsh? Nope, reality..........darn straight!

Last edited:
Relax guys, nothing against DTR, I'm actually about to purchase a diode from him. Its just that half the time a new guy comes in here and wants to sell diodes or make a new driver they get dumped on for not being as established as DTR or Lazeerer. For example the E-drive, could have been great if it had more support but ppl dumped on it. I just wish the first reaction was more encouraging, you can still make him aware of the reality of the situation and use some social graces. Livinloud, I say harsh because you just dove in with the mission of telling him how inadequate his selling plan is, you definitely could have been more welcoming for someone new starting off here.

Last edited:
Isn't this the complete wrong section for you to post this? B/S/T maybe? I feel like this is breaking a rule or two...

Diodes and drivers are two completely different things. We NEED more drivers, we DONT need more diodes. There are hundreds of sources for diodes, but drivers on the other hand are at a shortage. Its like people come into this hobby looking to make a killing off selling lasers or parts, in reality you dont make much money off lasers unless you buy hundreds of these things at wholesale prices from HK.

What everyone has said so far has its merits. As Livinloud said, DoctorEvil will need to sell these for a good price or not many people are going to be interested.

@DoctorEvil. Some things I would like to point out. I have looked at your listing and it is listed at a higher price than DTR's selling price, no one will purchase it when they know they can get a better deal from a trusted member.

Also on your ebay listing you do not ship outside the US. DTR does ship outside the US and that makes him an even more accessible source for diodes. DTR also has the convenience of selling diodes pressed into copper modules. You however do not give this option and that makes DTR an even better choice. DTR has never missed a beat, his shipping is insanely fast (especially to Aus), his prices are awesome and he is an extremely trusted person. You, as a seller on the other hand have none of these qualities.

This is not to say that no one else can become a trusted and reliable source for diodes. But currently there is NO reason anyone would buy from you.

To put it simply I will echo what other members have said above. That if you intend to be a serious seller you need to do something that DTR isn't doing. The only way that I can see people buying from you is if you have much lower prices. Currently with your price of US $48.99 for an M-140 diode, no educated/informed person will buy from you.

Well put manners.

@ Livinloud
As a hobby we don't "NEED" these things, but more of both drivers and diodes is better, I would hope that we can agree on that.