Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Selling 700mw 532nm Green Laser Pointer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoLA

I don't know if its fair to jump on WL back for not being the best quality... judging from the posts i've read, a fair percentage of forum members are not looking for expensive, top-quality builds - they WANT the cheapest, high power laser they can get. Does anyone want to count the number of times someone has posted the question "what's the cheapest, best, highest power laser I can get?"

WL may not be the best money can buy, but it's not the worst either... and so far every review I've seen from people who actually have an Arctic 3 IN THEIR HANDS has been favorable - and some of these reviews are from serious laser enthusiasts.

The vast majority of people bashing the Arctic are people who have never even touched one.

And their customer service may not be the best, but every story I've read about someone wanting a refund got it, and I have yet to read a story about anyone who bought one never receiving it.

I'm not sure why people like to bash them... maybe because they are leading the charge for cheap, commercial builds, when a lot of people prefer to think of this as a small, tight-knit group of "underground" hobbyists, and WL is somehow hurting that?

How many of you out there who rag on them have actually OWNED one?

To be fair, I have an Arctic 3 on order, supposedly shipping next week. If it puts out a bright, blue beam that can burn stuff and it doesn't fall apart after a month of use, I'll feel like I got my $200 worth.

What more does anyone want?

Trevor

I don't know if its fair to jump on WL back for not being the best quality... judging from the posts i've read, a fair percentage of forum members are not looking for expensive, top-quality builds - they WANT the cheapest, high power laser they can get. Does anyone want to count the number of times someone has posted the question "what's the cheapest, best, highest power laser I can get?"

WL may not be the best money can buy, but it's not the worst either... and so far every review I've seen from people who actually have an Arctic 3 IN THEIR HANDS has been favorable - and some of these reviews are from serious laser enthusiasts.

The vast majority of people bashing the Arctic are people who have never even touched one.

And their customer service may not be the best, but every story I've read about someone wanting a refund got it, and I have yet to read a story about anyone who bought one never receiving it.

I'm not sure why people like to bash them... maybe because they are leading the charge for cheap, commercial builds, when a lot of people prefer to think of this as a small, tight-knit group of "underground" hobbyists, and WL is somehow hurting that?

How many of you out there who rag on them have actually OWNED one?

To be fair, I have an Arctic 3 on order, supposedly shipping next week. If it puts out a bright, blue beam that can burn stuff and it doesn't fall apart after a month of use, I'll feel like I got my $200 worth.

What more does anyone want?

I think it's the plethora of lies and consistent deception that turned me off.

If you want to like or even just trust them, it's not my problem to correct your mistake.

-Trevor

im suppose to be getting a nice 700mwplus spyder3pro.....its taking months tho

So have quite a few veterans. And they have been waiting waaaay longer than you. Steve will say anything to pacify the people he made promises to.

judging from the posts i've read, a fair percentage of forum members are not looking for expensive, top-quality builds

Enough WL spam n00b. Keep it up and I'll dump your rep.

I've read quite a bit more than you, and one member here is making far better quality builds, that actually achieve 1W of blue, for $30 cheaper than WL first advertised. It comes with a battery that wont explode, and is delivered in days, not months.

Tell that crap you're spreading to all the members with dead Arctics, who waited months, after being lied to every time they asked "WHERE IS MY LASER". Only to get a dead $200+ host. Yeah thats good customer service, lying to your customers, and giving them shit quality that your garbage company is known for.

Keep reading little boy.

So have quite a few veterans. And they have been waiting waaaay longer than you. Steve will say anything to pacify the people he made promises to.

Enough WL spam n00b. Keep it up and I'll dump your rep.

I've read quite a bit more than you, and one member here is making far better quality builds, that actually achieve 1W of blue, for $30 cheaper than WL first advertised. It comes with a battery that wont explode, and is delivered in days, not months.

Tell that crap you're spreading to all the members with dead Arctics, who waited months, after being lied to every time they asked "WHERE IS MY LASER". Only to get a dead $200+ host. Yeah thats good customer service, lying to your customers, and giving them shit quality that your garbage company is known for.

Keep reading little boy.

Funny, i was supposed to get a 473nm last year.. never got it, just like many people didint get their review units.

Anyway, I dont like how they do buiseness and advertising.
They are all over the place.., i feel more confident to buy from smaller company.

-Greg

I remember Steve wanted us to design him a white laser. And the payment was a white laser. :crackup::rolleyes: What a freakin; loser.
Yeah, here are the designs to build a laser to make you 10s of thousands of dollars. And for payment, you get a white laser you could have built yourself. :crackup:

No offense but you can buy a brand new 1w green from Wicked for $300. Ok, yes, your scratch built it no doubt made from higher quality components and the WL probably comes in at 800mw, but it still has a nice host, continuous duty cycle and a waranty!

And other places sell similar lasers for much less than what you're asking, new.

Be honest, is this just a case where you spent a lot on it not too long ago and just can't bare to take such a huge loss on it?

Because that's kind of how it goes when it comes to high tech stuff like this...

Anyway not trying to be a dick, but I noticed a lot of ads for used lasers selling for a lot more than similarly specced new ones... Just trying to understand WHY.

Because the sellers aren't Chinese liars. Every chinese site and their mom lies about their lasers.. Why? I am glad you asked. Because they can. No one can sue them for false advertising. China is cool like that.

On the other hand real lasers with real measured output have to be correctly specd in the states because we have a way to get our money back.. Got to love the american legal system.

Because the sellers aren't Chinese liars. Every chinese site and their mom lies about their lasers.. Why? I am glad you asked. Because they can. No one can sue them for false advertising. China is cool like that.

On the other hand real lasers with real measured output have to be correctly specd in the states because we have a way to get our money back.. Got to love the american legal system.

Well...that's just wrong. CNI is a chinese site and so are Viasho and Laser Wave, yet they are completely honest with their specifications. They may not be as prevalent as say Coherent or Spectra Physics or Melles-Griot but they're still popular for their specs and prices. I'd agree that many Chinese sites lie, but saying all is just not right.

Edit: Post 1,700

Well...that's just wrong. CNI is a chinese site and so are Viasho and Laser Wave, yet they are completely honest with their specifications. They may not be as prevalent as say Coherent or Spectra Physics or Melles-Griot but they're still popular for their specs and prices. I'd agree that many Chinese sites lie, but saying all is just not right.

.On the other hand real ....Every chinese site and their mom lies about their lasers.. Why? I am glad you asked..[/QUOTE]

NOBODY ASKED!!!!!

Your post makes me think that you are a borderline
racist. You are wrong here and this is not the first time either.

You may need to work on you own issues and misconceptions before posting the foolishness coming from your keyboard.

Lets leave mom out of it.

No wonder the OP has chosen to not reply to his thread--it has gotten somewhat offtopic--again.

To the OP.... many trusted vets live near you so a middleman would be easy to arrange. I have yet to read a post where a middleman took any advantage. This service is always done at no charge for the good of our community.

BTW PayPal protects buyers regardless of where country either party is located. Never pay as 'personal' for an item, unless you know the seller very well. The extra cost of confirmed delivery and insurance is well worth it.
Always open and inspect your packges in the presence of a postal employee, even if this means a trip to the Post Office. Take a fresh battery with you.

Never EVER pay using Western Union.

You should be able to locate someone with a LPM in the LA area with a few phone calls. Take your camera along. You may need to lower you asking price.
good luck to you and your eventual buyer---hk

[

Last edited:
NOBODY ASKED!!!!!

Your post makes me think that you are a borderline
racist. You are wrong here and this is not the first time either.

You may need to work on you own issues and misconceptions before posting the foolishness coming from your keyboard.

Lets leave mom out of it.

No wonder the OP has chosen to not reply to his thread--it has gotten somewhat offtopic--again.

To the OP.... many trusted vets live near you so a middleman would be easy to arrange. I have yet to read a post where a middleman took any advantage. This service is always done at no charge for the good of our community.

BTW PayPal protects buyers regardless of where country either party is located. Never pay as 'personal' for an item, unless you know the seller very well. The extra cost of confirmed delivery and insurance is well worth it.
Always open and inspect your packges in the presence of a postal employee, even if this means a trip to the Post Office. Take a fresh battery with you.

Never EVER pay using Western Union.

You should be able to locate someone with a LPM in the LA area with a few phone calls. Take your camera along. You may need to lower you asking price.
good luck to you and your eventual buyer---hk
...[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[

I have been wrong before? Please, do tell. Also, the company you are promoting, also lies.. Evidence as follows:

Jetlasers about their divergence:

Beam Divergence, Full Angle (mrad) 1.2-1.5, lowest divergence in this portable laser industry

We all know its not the lowest in the industry. Opto has a better divergence and thats just one company.

Their was a recent stat:
BSA estimates that 79 percent of PC software installed in China in 2009 was pirated. The commercial value of stolen software in China last year was $7.6 billion, double the value of software stolen in China just four years ago.

That means a vast majority of Chinese businesses are willing to steal their software, if they are willing to steal then they are willing to cheat us as well.

As far as your statement:

NOBODY ASKED!!!!!

MojoLA posted:
Anyway not trying to be a dick, but I noticed a lot of ads for used lasers selling for a lot more than similarly specced new ones... Just trying to understand WHY.

I responded to him with what I believe to be a true statement, if you want to counter my argument with facts feel free. Otherwise stop getting upset about what I posted here in what seems like an attempt to be vindictive in response of me asking you hard questions in your group buy..

BTW, you never responded to any of my questions, I find that very interesting.

Optotronics resells Viasho lasers. Those lasers have ~1.2mRad spec'd (I believe), Jack only sells the ones that have incredibly low divergence, he tests each one.

Edit: Post 1,700

It was an oversimplification to be sure, however sometimes I feel like its true :mad:

Optotronics resells Viasho lasers. Those lasers have ~1.2mRad spec'd (I believe), Jack only sells the ones that have incredibly low divergence, he tests each one.

Here is what Jack put on his site, not saying its true but I don't see why he would lie, everything he has said in all his posts has been %100 honest. Its one of the reasons why I am going to deal with opto if I decide to buy a RPL. I digress..

RPL 532nm Portable Green Lasers
beam divergence (full angle) <1.00mrad typically <0.9mrad (Lowest divergence in the industry)

I can't find any lower divergences in any competing companies stats without beam expanders being included in the computations. If you guys don't think that Jetllasers hasn't looked at every single competitor's website you are sorely mistaken. It follows that they knew of Optotronics's divergences on their lasers yet made their bogus claims anyways. If anyone can provide a different plausible scenario please post it.

Ok- first you post that you want to be in the GB-- but fail to respond to my PMs
Then you question my honesty
Then you post that YOU would like to do a GB and get a free laser{ from a china liar whose mother is also a liar???)
You troll
you threadjack
and you get my first ever neg rep.

go away and get some manners

Status
Not open for further replies.