Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SciFi Lasers SF501b blue 445nm 1.5--1.8W

It seems like the OP of this thread disagrees with you on this. He said he ordered his laser and received it a little over a month later with higher postage paid than he had paid for and additionally received money as well.

Too bad my laser stopped working after only 10 days though. I just had the batteries checked (as other members have advised) and they are perfectly fine, so it's not the batteries.

I am truly sorry to hear that. Any ideas what the problem is yet? I would be willing to check it out for you if you can't find the problem yourself.

Edit: It says you received it on April 1st and I see at April 10th the laser was still working. What day EXACTLY did it fail?

Last edited:
SCIFI = Scaming Customers Indulgently Fraudulently Insensitively

I can think of many others, I hope to bring a touch of levity to an awful situation and hopefully get a laugh, feel free to add your own and relieve some stress.
Hopefully my attempt at levity will not offend anyone, but if Eithan is offended then I will shed a single tear, seal it in a plastic bag, and send it to him +100 dollars, just as soon as he refunds everyone's money. Cool?

Last edited:
I am truly sorry to hear that. Any ideas what the problem is yet? I would be willing to check it out for you if you can't find the problem yourself.

Edit: It says you received it on April 1st and I see at April 10th the laser was still working. What day EXACTLY did it fail?

Actually, it was on April 10th that I turned it on and noticed that the beam is invisible unless in a completely dark room. Otherwise, no beam. Nothing has changed since then. I put it back in its box with the batteries removed and it's been there ever since.

Actually, it was on April 10th that I turned it on and noticed that the beam is invisible unless in a completely dark room. Otherwise, no beam. Nothing has changed since then. I put it back in its box with the batteries removed and it's been there ever since.

I am curious. Why did you wait 13 days to post it's failure? My offer still stands if you are not able to find the problem yourself. I would not charge you except for shipping and any parts, if necessary.

I am curious. Why did you wait 13 days to post it's failure? My offer still stands if you are not able to find the problem yourself. I would not charge you except for shipping and any parts, if necessary.

I mentioned it in a discussion in a different thread. I don't remember which one, but I'm sure I could find it if I look. It's probably in the "Apology" thread. I'm considering just selling it "as is" to someone here who knows how to take it apart and replace whatever is wrong. From what I've been told, it's most likely a fried diode.

EDIT: I found the thread! It helps when I use the Search function. It's post #93 in the following thread: http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/s...rs-uphold-his-claims-96983-6.html#post1414284

Also, I appreciate the repair offer, but right now I'm not thinking too much about going that route anymore. Even if it's just the diode that's fried, which is probably the most expensive part, there's no reason to think it wouldn't just fry the new diode as well. If it happened once, what's to prevent it from happening again?

Last edited:
Jokers drivers look like crap, no reverse protection, they look like flashlight drivers, and a 501 sucks for duty cycle, maybe for a 50mw greenie but not a 2w blue, that's not enough heat sink for me.

Someone could buy it and put in a 532. But they are dirt cheap, I have some I paid 5 dollars for from Budget Beams sale.

It still has a heatsink and a spring board, you could sell it to someone who wants to put in a mitsu 180 or a 4216.

High hour projector pulls don't last, especially if overdriven.

Last edited:
Wow I cant believe the maker of this thread actually got a laser in April 2016... I placed my order in SEPT 2015 and Joker jerked me around for months, now Im out 500$. I only trusted him because he had so much positive feedback on here and it seemed like he actually cared about the relationships he had. JOKER you are a SCUMBAG

Wow I cant believe the maker of this thread actually got a laser in April 2016... I placed my order in SEPT 2015 and Joker jerked me around for months, now Im out 500$. I only trusted him because he had so much positive feedback on here and it seemed like he actually cared about the relationships he had. JOKER you are a SCUMBAG

sorry to hear that. if you need venting just pm me.:)

If you haven't filed a paypal claim yet, now is the time. It's the only way to get refunded right now.

Sounds like he couldn't take it anymore. Too bad. Should've raised the price son everything by $500 and caught up.

Hey, I got my laser, and it works great. Too bad I can't get my hands on an Arcane now, though...