Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-Fi Lasers TheJoker301 Does Not Tell the Truth to Customers or Uphold His Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

clipk0

Sci-Fi Laser's SCAM BEWARE!!!!!

I ordered my laser from MrJoker on March 26th, me and joker emailed a few times back and forth with me frequently checking the progress of my laser. Then I stopped hearing from him, I opened a dispute on PayPal April 6th concerning the state of my shipment. On April 7th the joker replied and told me my package was shipped and he would provide me with a tracking number. I've asked through the dispute messenger along with multiple emails sent to his personal email for this tracking number. Each time he responds by saying he will forward me the tracking number today, a day goes by still no tracking number. It has been over a week since he said he would send it to me. At this point I feel like he is just waiting as long as he can to make sure the dispute closes. I still have not received my item that I ordered last month. I still have not received any method of tracking my package after 4 attempts of asking for it. I do not believe I will ever receive my item or else there is no reason to withhold the tracking number for my package I paid for. I am sure he will refute everything I have said; but to this day I have no idea where my package is or if it is even coming. It shouldn't take over a week to email someone a tracking number. I then after 6 days of not hearing from him and me being the crazy person I am going insane sending email after email thinking I have been scammed. I finally get an email back. He says the laser will be shipped any day now. This is on April 22nd 2 WEEKS after he said on the PayPal messenger it has ALREADY been sent. I immediately email him back and saying sorry for my crazy email spam I had been sending him over the past week of no replies, and telling all I want is honesty. Still no reply. I still have not gotten a tracking number, still have not gotten my laser, still have not gotten anything but super vague emails from joker. NEVER do business with Sci-Fi Lasers they are either a SCAM or just terrible at business. If I even get my laser, which I'll be surprised if I ever do I will NEVER order from them again after this. I made an account on here just to expose this terrible business. DO NOT BUY FROM SCIFI LASERS!!!!! If anyone can offer me any help resolving this please do. Cause right now I am out $160...

Last edited:

clipk0

And another. :/

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I don't know if you've been following the forum, but you should check this thread out if you havent: http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/thread-all-sci-fi-drama-threads-97103.html

None of us are really sure what's going to happen at this point, but hopefully you'll get your money or a laser.

This is my second time visiting this forum the first was to see if Sci-Fi was a scam and I could only find good things and people promoting him, I wish I saw these sooner, I should have looked harder. Thanks for linking me to it now, I have a dispute on PayPal open on him now just waiting on a reply, doubt I will get one, I just want my money back at this point. Although I did really want that laser. If I end up getting my money back what are some TRUSTED websites I can order quality lasers from for not too much $$? When did this start with Joker? Recently?

Last edited:

Rivem

Re: Sci-Fi Laser's SCAM BEWARE!!!!!

This is my second time visiting this forum the first was to see if Sci-Fi was a scam and I could only find good things and people promoting him, I wish I saw these sooner, I should hav elooked harder. Thanks for linking me to it now, I have a dispute on PayPal open on him now just waiting on a reply, doubt I will get one, I just want my money back at this point. Although I did really want that laser. If I end up getting my money back what are some TRUSTED websites I can order quality lasers from for not too much $$?

Most highly regarded complete laser sellers right now are:

Sanwu: https://sites.google.com/site/hkfew5e22/
JetLasers: http://jetlasers.org
SKY Lasers/LaserBTB: http://www.laserbtb.com
BitLasers: http://bitlasers.com/opencart/

For parts in the US:
DTR's diode shop: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes
Survival Lasers (complete lasers outside the US): http://www.survivallaserusa.com

Edit: Also, since you're new, remember your safety glasses for high power lasers. You won't have much fun with lasers if you lose your sight.

As for the timeframe, it's been going downhill since late 2015, but people started really getting fed up in March.

Last edited:

Razako

This is my second time visiting this forum the first was to see if Sci-Fi was a scam and I could only find good things and people promoting him, I wish I saw these sooner, I should have looked harder. Thanks for linking me to it now, I have a dispute on PayPal open on him now just waiting on a reply, doubt I will get one, I just want my money back at this point. Although I did really want that laser. If I end up getting my money back what are some TRUSTED websites I can order quality lasers from for not too much $$? When did this start with Joker? Recently?
Jetlasers, skytech/laserbtb, sanwu laser shop, lazerer. And yes, Sci-fi was a big ponzi scheme. It finally collapsed this month.

Last edited:

clipk0

Jetlasers, skytech/laserbtb, sanwu laser shop, lazerer. And yes, Sci-fi was a big ponzi scheme. It finally collapsed this month.

So no one has been getting their lasers recently in the past couple months, even those with PayPal disputes open on him? For those who have ordered from him in the past and actually got your laser are the lasers crap? Has Joker been replying to any of these forums accusing him? Other then just saying that they are liars or what not.

Last edited:

Rivem

So no one has been getting their lasers recently in the past couple months, even those with PayPal disputes open on him? For those who have ordered from him in the past and actually got your laser are the lasers crap?

Lasers are very good from reviews. Just the delivery sucked. I think a few people got their lasers, but not very many compared to the huge amount that haven't. He posted that 50 orders haven't been fulfilled, and he can only maybe do 20 now. I wouldn't trust a word he says now though.

clipk0

Lasers are very good from reviews. Just the delivery sucked. I think a few people got their lasers, but not very many compared to the huge amount that haven't. He posted that 50 orders haven't been fulfilled, and he can only maybe do 20 now. I wouldn't trust a word he says now though.

Why is his scam of a business still being advertised on this forum? Sorry for all the questions by the way, I'm new to the laser scene and trying to get caught up on all that I've missed, thank you all for you help. Like knowing what I know now this wouldn't have changed anything, but if he would have been honest from the start saying my laser will take 3-4 weeks to ship I would have been fine with that, but he just lies and takes your money not even thinking twice about actually fulfilling the order.

OVNI

So no one has been getting their lasers recently in the past couple months, even those with PayPal disputes open on him? For those who have ordered from him in the past and actually got your laser are the lasers crap? Has Joker been replying to any of these forums accusing him? Other then just saying that they are liars or what not.

Arcane 2.0 is very good quality. Solid, sturdy. Heavy enough to be a weapon/blunt instrument. I got the polished metal finish which looks great. I read the colored finishes aren't very good. Chips easily.

Razako

Why is his scam of a business still being advertised on this forum? Sorry for all the questions by the way, I'm new to the laser scene and trying to get caught up on all that I've missed, thank you all for you help. Like knowing what I know now this wouldn't have changed anything, but if he would have been honest from the start saying my laser will take 3-4 weeks to ship I would have been fine with that, but he just lies and takes your money not even thinking twice about actually fulfilling the order.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/apology-everyone-97128.html
You'll wanna read through all this. His banner is still up because LPF is under contract to display it.

clipk0

After reading the post and first couple pages of replies I feel as if I am not getting my laser or money back... :'( I'm 18 and have no job $160 is a lot for me. I really hope PayPal will refund me my money.

OVNI

After reading the post and first couple pages of replies I feel as if I am not getting my laser or money back... :'( I'm 18 and have no job $160 is a lot for me. I really hope PayPal will refund me my money.

Hope you get either back. The whole situation is a real shame. Here's a thread on using vape hosts that's fairly affordable. The laser modules are sold fully built (driver and diode) by DTR. Just pick the diode you're interested in and scroll a little bit down to find the 22mm module. Most of these vape hosts only accommodate one 18650 battery so you'll need to be mindful of whether the module requires one or two batteries. I wanted the green 520nm 700mW module and you can see on his page it says "Use with 6-9V or two 3.7V Li-Ions". If the diode you want needs two batteries, contact DTR. He made a custom module (i.e. different driver) for me that worked with just one battery at no extra charge. He did have to dial it back to 500mW due to thermal considerations but it is still plenty bright.

and there are me/alien laser and abarnete as custom builders.

People did ask about him and it made me feel dirty not to say something, but I was accused of spamming every time I did.
There is no good reason for repeated fake tracking numbers except the seller is stalling for time, we must not let this happen again.
We do have the right to tell the truth so long as it's the truth, telling the truth is not spamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.