Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-Fi Lasers TheJoker301 Does Not Tell the Truth to Customers or Uphold His Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sci-fi lasers?

Hello I am planning on ordering a 501b 445 violet 1w laser for 85$. If you have bought one of these please tell me how good they are and how long they take to come. And joker still hasn't emailed me back.

Hello I am planning on ordering a 501b 445 violet 1w laser for 85$. If you have bought one of these please tell me how good they are and how long they take to come. And joker still hasn't emailed me back.

I emailed you just now :)

Hello just looking around and saw that you have bought the 501b 445 1 or 2w from sci fi lasers and have a few questions, how clear is the beam at night/day, how well does it burn, and is the beam rectangle or can you not even notice it.

Hello just looking around and saw that you have bought the 501b 445 1 or 2w from sci fi lasers and have a few questions, how clear is the beam at night/day, how well does it burn, and is the beam rectangle or can you not even notice it.

It burns like nothing you have ever seen, i used it all fourth of july to light things and it saved the day since it was so windy. The rectangle beam is fine, you can deal with it and the beam is even slightly visible in daylight. Ill make you a video of the things you mentioned above since i need something to do right now...

If you shine the beam on a wall can you notice the rectangle or is it so small it doesn't matter, same with the beam, is the rectangle really noticeable?

APEX1

If you shine the beam on a wall can you notice the rectangle or is it so small it doesn't matter, same with the beam, is the rectangle really noticeable?

Its a multimode diode so the diverg. is pretty bad.. beautiful non the less

Davidx

It burns like nothing you have ever seen, i used it all fourth of july to light things and it saved the day since it was so windy. The rectangle beam is fine, you can deal with it and the beam is even slightly visible in daylight. Ill make you a video of the things you mentioned above since i need something to do right now...

Got one myself. They really are great burners. A favorite.

Sci fi lasers seem better than the arctic s3 but looks so ugly

ixfd64

Sci fi lasers seem better than the arctic s3 but looks so ugly

Sci-Fi lasers offers two different hosts, the Arcane 2.0 and the SF501B. The latter looks better in my opinion.

Has anyone recently bought from sci fi lasers? Were the lasers bad or good?

I ordered 3 months ago. It took about a month for him to get it to me but didn't have all the parts he promised. And The threading on the end cap is garbage. My battery is still stuck inside the host because I "tightened it too much". I'm still waiting for the rest of the parts. I filed a claim through PayPal and all of a sudden he emailed me saying all is fine and he will take care of the problem and politely asked me to close the claim. Knowing that I couldn't re-open the claim after it was closed I gave him benifit of the doubt and closed it anyway. And now nothing. Have other people been satisfied? Yes. Have I been satisfied? Absolutely not. I may or may not be the only one this has happened to. However, this is my experience with them and I don't care how awesome their prices are, it doesn't matter if you never get something that powers on. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

I will state now that this isn't meant to be slanderous. I'm not trying to attack sci-fi lasers. Just give my experience with them.

APEX1

The threading on the end cap is garbage. My battery is still stuck inside the host because I "tightened it too much".

how is that Sci-Fi's fault lol???? I have both versions (my brother does) but the threads are fine. maybe you got a bad 501b or something I highly doubt the Arcane is the one with bad threads.. Keep in mind the 501b's are only
5-10$ hosts!!! The ones Etian uses are better quality then the others in my opinion anyways.. He does take awhile to ship, and that's because he is a one man operation, probably backed up and lives in the middle east. Sci-fi is also a side thing he does. I'm sure he works full time on top of everything else.......

Last edited:
how is that Sci-Fi's fault lol???? I have both versions (my brother does) but the threads are fine. maybe you got a bad 501b or something I highly doubt the Arcane is the one with bad threads.. Keep in mind the 501b's are only
5-10$ hosts!!! The ones Etian uses are better quality then the others in my opinion anyways.. He does take awhile to ship, and that's because he is a one man operation, probably backed up and lives in the middle east.

It is the arcane 2.0 that I have, and I don't see how the quality of a product could be anyone else's fault but the one making it. And being backed up and in the middle east doesn't mean anything when he says it was out the door and shipped and hasn't shown up in 2 months. And I did not over tighten it, I snugged it to a sensible tightness.

those are your words not mine..

maybe you are just an impatient person.. All of it does matter, I'd love to hear how it doesn't..

No I was saying that's what he told me happened. And I have been patient. I only posted here to share my experience and I specifically said this isn't a personal attack or slander, just my experience. And what I meant by saying that doesn't matter is that if it's shipped it's shipped, so I don't know why the transit time is taking so long unless he didnt actually ship it but I didnt say that because that would be speculation and unfair. The first time he shipped to me took only about 10 days after it was out the door. So why so long now.

Status
Not open for further replies.