Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci Fi lasers shipping times

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working always on making things faster and better.

There are orders that get faster and there are ones that do not. Israel Post is indeed slow.

I do everything I can to change it.

Anyways , if anyone need any help please let me know.

I will never leave anyone without a working laser. Also the warranty on my lasers starts from the point you receive the pack. Not from the point is being sent.

:beer:

Ricker

I can't speak for anyone else but that's why the wait is well worth it! You can't beat the warranty and quality. I sent you an email or two Eitan, though I think today is your day off IIRC. :D

I ordered 2 S1 lenses from an ebay listing on Sept 6th 2015 and I didn't even realize it was SCIFI's advert until I examined the add 9 weeks later, I take screen shots of everything, anyway they were 9 dollars each with free shipping so I said what the heck, let's give em a try.

Well a month later I got an email saying they had shipped, at 2 months after ordering I still had not received them and clicked the ebay tab for wheres my item and sent a request for seller to reply, I still had not realized this was SCIFI until after I sent a message at 9 weeks asking where are my items?

Anyway I got a refund after 9 weeks and I never received any S1 lenses.

I know ups beats the heck out of every package I get and I buy a lot of stuff, but I digress.
Yes sometimes things get put in my neighbors box but we always exchange each others mixed up mail.

I know my usual mailman by name and he is a good guy, his fill in people are the ones who mix things up and that's rare.

Maybe Israeli shipping is messed up, maybe scifi has helpers and gives them an order expecting it to be done, I don't know and I'm not making any statements other than it took a month to get an " it's been sent email " and a refund 9 weeks later for items I never received.

This is just my real life experience, many things that are not scifi's fault could have happened, this is just my report from my real life experience.
I don't want to be the bad guy, but if we are to look out for each other I must at least be honest and that's all this is, just my honest report of my experience.

Also I sent him a PM November 25th asking how much for an empty Arcane host, he messaged me right back telling me they were the best in the industry and would check on a price for me, I have not heard back 9 days later now, but........I had to wonder, how could someone who builds these lasers not know what his parts cost?
A person might think he has someone else building them, that might explain how ....I forget the name of the last one I read, but the guy ordered a green and a blue and got just 1 that didn't work in 2 pieces many weeks later, that would explain how SciFi had the best intentions yet that happened.

Cowboy,
Yes you mention the S1 lenses . I ordered 2 of them from him on eBay and it took about 6 weeks to get them. He sent me a tracking # but when i tried to track no info. So i emailed him and he kept saying wait all theme. Well he sends me another tracking #and 6+ weeks later i get the lenses. never again from him..
As for the 501's he builds i don't understand why folks order such a simple build when they can do this them selves and save the headache and wait.After all the complaints iv;e seen posted here i don't understand why folks keep ordering from him. Once bit twice shy i say. Getting burnt once feels bad enough ..

Rich:)

Cowboy,
Yes you mention the S1 lenses . I ordered 2 of them from him on eBay and it took about 6 weeks to get them. He sent me a tracking # but when i tried to track no info. So i emailed him and he kept saying wait all theme. Well he sends me another tracking #and 6+ weeks later i get the lenses. never again from him..
As for the 501's he builds i don't understand why folks order such a simple build when they can do this them selves and save the headache and wait.After all the complaints iv;e seen posted here i don't understand why folks keep ordering from him. Once bit twice shy i say. Getting burnt once feels bad enough ..

Rich:)

Some people just are not mechanically inclined at all and want to buy ready made units. But I hate to wait 6 weeks for anything and I know others feel the same way.

On a positive note DTR has those 22mm pre built modules that are focusable and simply screw onto any vape mod battery housing, and when I order from DTR on Monday its in my mailbox by Thursday, sometimes Wednesday.

Did you see the one astro posted with the side button?
Seriously how cool is this
P002.jpg

I put one of DTR's BDR-209's in a Budget Beams host, very simple and I love it.
SANY0359_zps0uovv6cy.jpg

Anyway I hate to complain and wanted to say something positive, I hope I'm not being inappropriate.

Last edited:

OVNI

I like that astro host. Can you point me to it?

Edit: Found it. Bought one. I like this form factor and especially with side buttons.

Last edited:
The lenses case is something different guys. I wanted to stop selling them. And now indeed stopped them.

They are hard to get and delays occured. I am not selling lenses now because of that. It is just do not worth it.

I apologize for the both of you. And if there is anything I can do for you guys let me know.

:beer:

I'm thinking of doing my first build but I'm not sure what I'm getting into, It looks pretty straight forward but I don't know a lot about the diffrent brands and types of components and what would be best, I would like to build something similiar to the one above, 1 or 1.5 watt 445, how difficult would this be?

I'm thinking of doing my first build but I'm not sure what I'm getting into, It looks pretty straight forward but I don't know a lot about the diffrent brands and types of components and what would be best, I would like to build something similiar to the one above, 1 or 1.5 watt 445, how difficult would this be?

You are on a site where you can read about and see pics of literally hundreds if not thousands of builds, it's not difficult at all, you can buy everything you need or you can get a 22mm module like the one above from DTR that only needs to be screwed into a vape battery body, or you can buy one ready made.

DTR's shop is below
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home

Ehgemus builds housings that are simple to use as well, or you can order from Joker or other sellers.

Below is a list someone made.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/made-lpf-support-your-fellow-laserists-first-83991.html

Last edited:
You are on a site where you can read about and see pics of literally hundreds if not thousands of builds, it's not difficult at all, you can buy everything you need or you can get a 22mm module like the one above from DTR that only needs to be screwed into a vape battery body, or you can buy one ready made.

DTR's shop is below
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home

Ehgemus builds housings that are simple to use as well, or you can order from Joker or other sellers, I put a link to the list a page back.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I'm going to give it a shot,

Davidx

Same experinses. Wrong tracking numbers, week or more recived working ones.
Personally like Eitan. Tracking number thing has gotten to be too much though. Seems we all get bad tracking numbers as our first ones. You really need to take care of that problem Eitan. If it was one or two people, I could understand. On a good note, I've now built a few solder and go jobs. Bought a DC power supply, dummy loads, and a new multimeter so I wil be able to experiment around with different settings on drivers I buy.
Still love those first two lasers I got from you couple years back. They still work well

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

GSS

Im wondering Etian on how long your DIY kits would take to ship, yes you do still have to set up the driver and module to specs but would there be any difference. The plug and play soldering I can do but with this hereditary tremor I have that comes and goes I wouldnt dare try soldering the tiny pins on a decent diode. So I just chose to go complete:eek:

Did you see the one astro posted with the side button?
Seriously how cool is this
P002.jpg
LOL, RedCowboy, I clicked on this thread and thought, "That looks familiar", imagine my surprise to see my own laser linked here, thanks for the kind words mate.
Yes I can sympathise with everyone's concerns too.

I bought two lasers from Eitan but I knew full well it would take 6-8 weeks. I'm very happy with them though and I just had to be patient, he looks after you no matter how things turn out so I wasn't worried.

Also can't speak highly enough about Jordan (DTR).
He has looked after me above and beyond my expectations, and depending on the shipping method you choose, you'll receive your order very fast.

Regards
Andrew

I ordered a laser a month ago. Before I purchased I emailed him to see how long it would take to get to me, he said about a week. So I thought, 5-10 build days plus one week in the mail would work. Two weeks after I purchased I emailed him a few times, asked for a tracking number I didn’t get one, he assured me it would arrive last week (thanksgiving week). Emailed him again telling him it didn’t arrived and asked for a tracking number, I got a tracking number it seemed he sent it early this week. Now I am wondering if it is a correct tracking number. This is supposed to be a X-Mas present and I am leaving out of the country next week for 3 weeks so I won’t have it by then. I understand this is not his main job, we do need to have patience, lasers do take some time to build and parts to arrive, but he has obligations to his clients to keep up with the time frame he specified or contact us if any delays have occurred. I am not putting sci-fi lasers down by any means, it is just that a proper arrival time frame would be appreciated so we could make a better purchase decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.