Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-Fi Lasers 501B 445nm 2-2.4W

I think the color issue depends on the diode used, I think Eitan said he stopped using the M140 and now uses the PLTB450B, or am I thinking of someone else, I remember someone said that and I think it was Eitan. I can tell you my M140 looks slightly violet but my PLTB450B has no violet, it is more blue. My 9mm NDB7875 also looks different, but it is also about 3W or more so I am not sure if it's just the difference in brightness or if it's really a different color, but I can look at the 3 of them side by side and they aren't quite the same.

Alan

I think the color issue depends on the diode used, I think Eitan said he stopped using the M140 and now uses the PLTB450B, or am I thinking of someone else, I remember someone said that and I think it was Eitan. I can tell you my M140 looks slightly violet but my PLTB450B has no violet, it is more blue. My 9mm NDB7875 also looks different, but it is also about 3W or more so I am not sure if it's just the difference in brightness or if it's really a different color, but I can look at the 3 of them side by side and they aren't quite the same.

Alan

I am now using mostly 9mm diodes. And I believe this one is also a 9mm one.

Just ordered a 3 watt 501b from sflasers. Can't wait to get it. However, what batteries do you who have the 501b use ? I know the model, just wanted to see what other owners suggest for maximum maH and quality..

3 watt? I didn't know SciFi made those, can't find them on the site either :confused: edit: never mind, you mean the DIY kit

But to answer your question, the 501b model will fit and work with both 16340 and 18350 batteries, I'm using a pair of AW 18350.
AW is widely regarded as one of the best brands, you can compare battery performance for yourself if you like here: Battery test-review

Last edited:
Yes sir, sorry I meant the DIY kit. I figured I could get it faster and have some fun assembling it myself, I love to DIY.

Awesome thank you so much, I will be ordering some AW batteries.

So I've been waiting to receive that extra lens for quite a while now, I'm not sure if it's still coming.

I've contacted Eitan about it, as well as about the discount he promised for posting this review (haven't got that either).

I'm still happy with the laser, but I'm confused why Eitan is making promises he doesn't keep.

You will have to email him 3 times a day, every day, until you get the lens.

His mind is not all there it seems, everything he has ever told me he would get back to me on he hasn't.

Never got my lenses I paid for, never got a price for an arcane housing...which makes me ask, how can he not know the cost of his own parts?
Never got back to me about some optics he said he would check on.

You just have to email every day and keep it in his mind or he will forget, I have heard so many other people say it.

READ WHAT THIS GUY SAYS AT THE END

Capture_04022016_210210_zpsvlfr0c3j.png

Last edited:
Hi, For great lenes Aixiz has them here in the states and he a US Veteran. Fast service and great prices this guy is ok..

Rich:)

Unfortunately I don't live in the states so shipping would cost me a lot.

Guess I'll keep nagging at him and send some more emails :D

Yea unfortunately it is very difficult to buy from Eitan. Nice guy though. I also know form having family live in Jerusalem that the Post Office can be a total nightmare with long qeues. Besides that though, it is common to get misinformation from him about shipping etc. Not sure why. He's usually pretty good about response speed, but lots of promises and random tracking numbers, not sure what is up.

That looks like a 3 element lens, i'm pretty sure. Lets wait till someone else chimes in....If it is a 3 element you will lose a little power but at over 2W to begin with its still very strong but it makes up with in divergance.

Yes GSS your correct it is a 3 element blue AR coating i really don't think he would use a G2 for the sale but then i may be wrong.

Rich:)

If you continue to email you one day should get that G2/S1 lens, it may take a while, I never got the S1's I bought from him but I did get a refund months later, but they are good lenses for up close work and let more power through, also they are good before beam shaping optics, you could buy one from DTR but they cost about 30 dollars, so keep emailing and get some satisfaction, either your lens or the value of one.

If he promised it to you then you should get it, that's fair...right? Right so keep emailing and let us know, I have wanted to see how his S1 lens works but I never got mine, I hear they are almost as good as the G2 but not quite, still if it was promised then you should get it or let us know if you don't, Good luck. :)

Last edited:
I want to know the price of this product

The price for the laser being discussed is $129.99. You can go to this site: SF501B 445nm Blue and then select 2W--2.4W as the version. Then you'll see that price. It's a great price too! Other manufacturers will charge quite a bit more for a laser at that power level.