Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Scared of messed up m140 diode

Status
Not open for further replies.
A free diode? Are you kidding!? If you had the least bit of patience you would still have a working diode. Now you have nothing. This is the price you pay for being stupid :twak:

This started bad and ended even worse. If you learned anything your money wasn't totally wasted just your diode :beer:

Last edited:

USAbro

No not a drill, like for wood, a precision drill press, 6500 rpm bit. Don't picture some random kid smashing a wood drill through the window of a precision diode. I just came back from my friends house, his dad has a press. The problem is the glass got in the wires inside. The theory was the high rpm bit would turn the glass into a paste if I added canola oil on the window. It didn't work, I think the glass stuck together or something.

I didn't actually use the oil. Decided not to.

I did have patience.

Just thought someone might have a few spares. :)

Edit: Would an A140 do the trick running at 1.5 amps?

Last edited:
No not a drill, like for wood, a precision drill press, 6500 rpm bit. Don't picture some random kid smashing a wood drill through the window of a precision diode. I just came back from my friends house, his dad has a press. The problem is the glass got in the wires inside. The theory was the high rpm bit would turn the glass into a paste if I added canola oil on the window. It didn't work, I think the glass stuck together or something.

I didn't actually use the oil. Decided not to.

I did have patience.

Just thought someone might have a few spares. :)

Edit: Would an A140 do the trick running at 1.5 amps?

You still aren't listening. Only someone not knowing what they are doing would pull a stunt like this. You didn't have enough patience to send it to a professional. No one is going to give you a diode when you do this kind of thing ...

Last edited:
DTR threw you a very good offer , i think some patience was needed there,
The BoyZ at LPF will remember this moment in history, lol
You may need to change the thread to "Definitly messed up my m140"

Good on you for asking for a free diode, You still have your humour...Hahaha

make sure you learn something from all of this, thats the main thing........

We really need a decent facepalm emoticon...this was pure genius!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

USAbro

I really wish I could have sent it to DTR. Right now I don't even know how to extract the diode from the housing. Still working on it to do it safely without harming the driver.

You see, I would have easily let DTR look at it. My dad however, doesn't like stuff going to "random" people. HE, doesn't know who they are.

I feel like he has created a customs at our home. The only things that may get through these customs are envelopes and small parcels.

Trying to fix it myself may have been a bad idea, but please everyone try to understand
my situation. I wasn't impatient, I just knew how things go down in our house.

Not like I will change the thread, but how do I do it?

Hopefully the Boyz at LPF won't remember this.

Last edited:
Sticky! So the newcomers can learn something!

I just read the entire thread from the beginning to the end for the first time and sounds like a good book from the reader can learn something: Stupidity kills diodes. Dude why didn't you accepted DTR's offer... it could be a lot better... in fact the single way your diode could survive!

I read them already... it seems you haven't read mine completely: I said I read it from the beginning to the end... Although you could just keep the damn diode so you couldn't drilled any hole in it if you really couldn't deal with your father. And what the second post have to do with my question?
Now keep in mind that english isn't my first language, so you probably won't understand me, and if you can't... nevermind.

USAbro

Now keep in mind that english isn't my first language, so you probably won't understand me, and if you can't... nevermind.

Now I understand.

When you comment, please use the quote function, it helps me know who your talking to.

Do you understand why I didn't accept DTR's offer?

Last edited:
Now I understand.

When you comment, please use the quote function, it helps me know who your talking to.

Do you understand why I didn't accept DTR's offer?

yeah dude, but this doesn't explain why you drilled a hole in your diode..

USAbro

I didn't. I drilled out the diode window with a precision tool. The drill didn't damage the diode. The glass bits are what damaged it.

What were you talking about when you said I am posting for post count?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.