Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Scanning Basics + Terminology etc.

Lastly, Rog, get a quote for 2 - They may bring the price down if we ordered together....

It had crossed my mind when I saw this thread.

I was thinking about the TTL (if you look at the pangolin screen, second from right, near the bottom it says "blank" which I assume is blanking....)  and am going to experiment with opto isolators and NPN transistors to interupt the power supply to the laser, although I would also like to try varying the output rather than just on/off.....

Regards rog8811

haha that looks mega old. i would save your money and get something better

I did wonder about that, I couldn't find any kind of date stamp on the web pages, it is possible that it is completely defunct..... If I get no replies via e-mail I guess I will know.

Regards rog8811

xgeek

I don't get it. You can do a basic system better than that for cheaper:

1) Buy the 12k galvo set from Laserpic for $100 including DMX ($80 per set if you get 10 others in on a GB)
http://www.laserpic.com/Product_galvo/ProEnLP_12.html

2) Buy/build Norms DAC for $23
http://74.58.33.200:81/

Use Norm's free laser show software to make shows. Download the software from the link above. Or you can use Popelscan which is also free.

Total $123 + shipping.

Cheers
XG

Buy the 12k galvo set from Laserpic for $100 including DMX

I had not spotted that one (I had seen loads of 10k ones that look similar)...I must admit I like the look of norms galvo kit as well....

I think it was norms software that I downloaded to have a look at, it is quite intuative to use from what I can see....

Decisions, decisions.... :-/

Regards rog8811

Hmmm.... I like the sound of that too!

I think I might save up for the 30k set if they are not that much more. Yes it make take me a month or two more, but in the end, I'll have a fantastic scanner!

Is Norm's circuit upto 30K galvos? or is it 10-16k only?

Cheers!

Dan :)

Norms is 16k... I have e-mailed laserpic for prices of both scanner sets, I too would rather go for 30k as I am more interested in the graphics side of things.

I will keep you posted

Regards rog8811

Thanks xgeek, that tells me how much delivery to the UK is. Keep us posted on what you find them to be like please :).

I have been quoted $320 delivered....If my fingers and toes are correct that is $70 delivery for one set.....Dan is this of interest to you? If so I can go back to him and get a combined postage cost.

Regards rog8811

I got this back from him today:
(He didn't include shipping prices though :( )

I also asked him about ILDA compatibility as I saw it in the manual saying it was optional or something...

HI Dan

Thanks for your appreciate our product.
12K galvos price is 100 usd, minimum order 10 sets galvos, give you 80 usd.
old 30K galvos now don't make it.
New 30K galvos price 250 usd, minimum order 10 sets galvos, give you 230 usd.
Regarding ILDA board, you can select Easylase USB, software you can select mamba, LDS, Pangolin whom you like.

Best regards
Darry
Canton Laserpic Electronic Equipment Co.Ltd
Add:Room 605, Butouxin First Lane 25,Nanan Road, Guangzhou. GD 510160, China
Tel.0086-20-81271628 Fax.0086-20-81271917
MSN:sale@laserpic.com

xgeek

Dan,

You can connect a DAC directly to the galvo amps and that is all you will need to make shows.

They also make a DMX board that is extra ($40) and this too can connect to the galvo amps to drive them. Now if you had this DMX board and you wanted to use an ILDA DAC then you would need to unwire the DMX and wire up your DAC.

To get around this he also sells an ILDA switch board ($20) that automatically switches the control over to your DAC when you plug it in. When it's unplugged the DMX card takes over and is in control.

Now remember you only need the galvo set and a DAC to control them to make a show. The DMX and ILDA switch card is optional and wheather you need them depends on how you want to control the galvos.

Here is my ILDA switch card:
switch1.jpg

Thanks for the pic xgeek.

All I'm after is a set of galvo's (hopefully the 30k ones!) and the equipment to hook it up to a PC, I'm not interested at all in DMX and built in patterns. I'd rather drive them all from a PC.

So I'd just need the following right?

1x Set of Galvos
1x DAC (the Pagalilo... FB3 one or Norm's)
1x 2x or 3x lasers (I'll start with a green, then go for a RGY by adding a red, then if I win the lottery add a blue!)
1x Box + Fans

If I got the FB3 or Norms DAC could I scale up the lasers to potentially end up with an RGB?
Does the FB3 support analogue or just TTL?
Will the 35mw or 100mW DX green lasers work?

Finally, is this correct: The PC plugs into the DAC, the galvo's plug into the DAC, and all the lasers plug into the DAC?

Thanks Again,

xgeek

danielbriggs said:

All I'm after is a set of galvo's (hopefully the 30k ones!) and the equipment to hook it up to a PC, I'm not interested at all in DMX and built in patterns. I'd rather drive them all from a PC.

Great you don't need the DMX or ILDA switch card then.

1x Set of Galvos
1x 2x or 3x lasers (I'll start with a green, then go for a RGY by adding a red, then if I win the lottery add a blue!)
1x Box + Fans
When you add the 2nd and 3rd laser you will need mounts and dichroic filters to combined the beams.
rgblaser.jpg

If I got the FB3 or Norms DAC could I scale up the lasers to potentially end up with an RGB?
You can with the FB3 not sure about Norms. Another good DAC is this one:-
http://www.showtacle.com/Moncha.php

Both
Not sure never seen the one from DX. If it has blanking it will work.

Finally, is this correct: The PC plugs into the DAC, the galvo's plug into the DAC, and all the lasers plug into the DAC?
Well the X/Y inputs on the galvo amps connect to the DAC and the blanking inputs on the lasers connect to the DAC. The power for the lasers and galvo amps do not
Thanks Again,

rgblaser.jpg

danielbriggs said:

1x Set of Galvos
1x Box + Fans

Thanks Again,

yes the fb3 does ttl and analogue, the fb3 can do everything.

xgeek said:
[quote author=danielbriggs link=1194984903/15#27 date=1195143523]Thanks for the pic xgeek.

Great you don't need the DMX or ILDA switch card then.

1x Set of Galvos
1x Box + Fans
When you add the 2nd and 3rd laser you will need mounts and dichroic filters to combined the beams.
rgblaser.jpg

You can with the FB3 not sure about Norms. Another good DAC is this one:-
http://www.showtacle.com/Moncha.php

Both
Not sure never seen the one from DX. If it has blanking it will work.

Well the X/Y inputs on the galvo amps connect to the DAC and the blanking inputs on the lasers connect to the DAC. The power for the lasers and galvo amps do not
Thanks Again,

rgblaser.jpg
[/quote]

nice photo, if only things were that simple ;)

Andy and xGeek, thanks for all your replies - I'm learning so much now!

Also I've had this back from the Moncha people
How quick is that??!?  :)

I asked if they were compatible with the 30k laserpic galvos + prices + discount?

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your interest in our products. The prices are following:

Moncha - 490 EUR
Fiesta! 2 - 880 EUR

Both prices include USB laser controller. Postage to UK should be 50EUR. If
you order more, we can talk about giving you discount.

Actually we use these galvos for our testing lasers, so yes, you can use
them - they are very good for that price.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Best regards,
Michal Pokluda
Showtacle Ltd.
E-mail: pokluda@showtacle.com
Tel.: 00421 907 433321
Www: www.showtacle.com