Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Scammed by jake21!!!!

ban jake?

• yes

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • i dont know

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • yes - forever

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • yes - 6 months

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • yes - 1 month

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • yes - let c0ld decide

Votes: 20 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krutz

in fact.. i would suggest to make a sticky in b/s/t (and similar). whenever enough users (50?) agree to distrust someone, the facts should be summarized in said sticky and a link to that thread put into the users info/overview. the link may be removed after some time, the text removed from the thread after some more time. everyone gets a second chance from me. but the internet, and especially some "anonymous" and international b/s/t in some forum, has to do with trust. you know how ebay would handle this and such situation, i guess.

manuel

I don't think that 50 members have said to distrust him. There have been as many members sticking up for him as have said he should be banned, it is just that you are all more vocal

I've dealt a LOT with jake, much more than with any other members on the forum. The fact is, he sells things so much cheaper than any other members, and so I can't imagine he makes much money for all his hard work/time and effort. I've always received my orders in a fast, smooth transaction. However after a while, he was having more trouble with his health. That combined with the switch to the new LPF system caused him to lag behind. It happened twice that I had to ask him several times if/when he would ship out certain items he owe'd me. It sometimes took several weeks, but in the end... he's always kept his word. He has positive feedback for a reason.

Overall, I've done probably 10+ transactions with him; and whether it be sleds, hosts, heatsinks, etc., he's ALWAYS gotten them to me and for a very reasonable price. I don't think he should be banned, definitely not, but I DO believe he needs to buckle-down and respond to those he owes. If anything, I believe he should DELETE ALL HIS PMs (or better yet, mark them as read), and then kindly ask on this thread for anyone to PM him (quoting any past conversations that are of importance) of what he owes them. And take care of each order, one at a time. The problem is, I think he's just overwhelmed with everything (including health issues), thus why he created the new account jake22. And yeah, just a side note, I believe the first time he mentioned his health/money issues was when he was trying to sell his mini lathe (which, idk if he sold yet - I believe spyderx was going to buy it after he moved).

Also, just my $.02 on the poll... I don't think there's a point in having 4 diff. answer choices for "yes". Either it's forever or not. What's the point in banning him for 1 month? If anything... if you DO ban him, it'll be nearly impossible for him to make up for any orders he owes. If anything, if possible... i think you should ban him and jake22 from posting in the b/s/t section until it's seen that he is at least ATTEMPTING to take care of some orders.

Jaseth

I agree with Alexizupinhea.. this is not a case of "Let's punish Jake because he is an evil scammer", this is making sure that a nice guy who has had a lot of problems with organising the orders he receives, managing to do work on time and dealing with an illness.. that this guy steps forward, stops lying and hiding, informs his customers of what has happened and then sorts the mess out buy devoting his time to giving them back what he owes them. Even if he has to wait an entire month because he has to deal with debt and healt problems right now, the fact that customers know he is still there and that they will eventually get their things is what matters.
Banning him will solve nothing. That will only mean that none of his customers will get their things/money back (unless they have already got their money through paypal).

Now Jake COME ON OUT PLEASE!

D

Deleted member 8382

Guys, maybe he is ill and whatever, but hey, he was posting in jake22 while all this was going on. Also, there are 3 threads complaining about him and he has not posted in any and I doubt he ever does.

Just fill a paypal dispute and pray.

Yours,
Albert

He bullshitted me for weeks as I politely asked him to do what he promised to do. It was an exercise in futility.:banghead:

For those of you who are involved with Jake and he is ignoring you, telling you time and time again " its cool dont worrie about it its under controle " as he still does nothing, I suggest that you file a paypal dispute. This will get his attention and force him to deal with you immediately. The longer you wait the smaller your chances are of getting your money/product from him. I'm pretty sure that it will be first come, first serve when he starts to clean up this mess and if he owes you a lot he may not have anything left. I wouldn't put is past him to have already emptied and closed his paypal account.

Last edited:

svars1

in my opinion jake really does seem like a nice and honest guy, and im not implying that we should ban him. i only put the poll on because c0ld said so.
i do want my belongings back though

svars1

the banning of jake 21 and 22 from the bst section seems like a great idea.
dont fully ban him, then he will not be able to make up for his mistakes.

D

Deleted member 8382

what about just punishing him by puting him for example 50 negative points so noone buy his items?

My vote's with the ban from B/S/T until he gets his affairs sorted out - it's for his own good really...@C0ld, I don't know how to do it in vBulletin, but in PhpBB you'd create a sub-group with limited permissions in BST, and make Jake's accounts members of it until issues are sorted. This doesn't stop him from creating a new account though, you might want to ask over at the vB forum for more advice...
(Yes I know, I did propose it...)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

he would post in other sections and their posts would still be there. lowering his post count wouldn't do nothing. a lot of posts with negative rep shows an experiencied scammer wich is what he is IMO

I don't agree with lowering his post count.... after all he did post that number of times...
But I can see that when a member is Banned... that the ban should also come a
predetermined amount of Negative Penalty Reputation points... IMO..

And as everyone has already stated... he is around and can see this thread...
and SHOULD respond to it...

Jerry

Jaseth

I agree with Jerry, it is not the amount of posts which are wrong, it is his reputation. He did post the number his account shows and he did earn all his rep, now he has to lose a lot of it for creating this nightmare for loads of his customers. Because many of his customers have low rep power it would be great if c0ld could take away a lot of his rep so it reflects the large amount of bad bussiness he has done the last couple of months.
I would say it would be fair to combine a temporary ban from the B/S/T section with resetting his rep points.. that means he can make a fresh start if he wants to become a seller again some time. If he follows the great thread that Rog put up he should be able to cope this time.
For now, I guess all we can do is wait for him to respond.. and if he doesn't respond soon, I guess legal action is what will follow. It won't be pretty.

D

Deleted member 8382

I agree with Jerry, it is not the amount of posts which are wrong, it is his reputation. He did post the number his account shows and he did earn all his rep, now he has to lose a lot of it for creating this nightmare for loads of his customers. Because many of his customers have low rep power it would be great if c0ld could take away a lot of his rep so it reflects the large amount of bad bussiness he has done the last couple of months.
I would say it would be fair to combine a temporary ban from the B/S/T section with resetting his rep points.. that means he can make a fresh start if he wants to become a seller again some time. If he follows the great thread that Rog put up he should be able to cope this time.
For now, I guess all we can do is wait for him to respond.. and if he doesn't respond soon, I guess legal action is what will follow. It won't be pretty.

That's my idea! xD just posting to let you know, today I recived both the FS mirrors from larryfdw and the pagermotors from pagermotors.com shipped on 29/05 and 30/05 each. 8 days and 9 days for usps. Now keep telling me that I am a bad guy for opening a dispute after 1 month. And no, jake parcel hasn't appeared (40 days).

Status
Not open for further replies.