Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Scammed by jake21!!!!

ban jake?

• yes

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • i dont know

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • yes - forever

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • yes - 6 months

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • yes - 1 month

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • yes - let c0ld decide

Votes: 20 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake's condition is no excuse for his behavior... diabetic, brain injury, or whatever. I have no sympathy for him, I can barely muster any pity. He makes me sick. :barf:

He habitually does this, primarily to new members. I know what it is like because he did it to me. The whole story can be found in the links below. My story told in Jake's own words... his PMs and emails full of excuses and lies.

If you think Jake is a great guy this is only because he has not screwed you yet.

svars1

Jake's condition is no excuse for his behavior... diabetic, brain injury, or whatever. I have no sympathy for him, I can barely muster any pity. He makes me sick. :barf:

He habitually does this, primarily to new members. I know what it is like because he did it to me. The whole story can be found in the links below. My story told in Jake's own words... his PMs and emails full of excuses and lies.

If you think Jake is a great guy this is only because he has not screwed you yet.

thanks warne
thats thats what im trying to say to the rest of the members, he pmed me saying he sent the kit back. but its been about 3 months now, diabetes or brain injury thats no excuse for not send something back

yea what if he just never got around to it.. have you lost all communication?

Eku

Samsomiler, svars1 said
"he said he posted it back when i pmed him
buts its been 2 months now"

So never got around to it hey?

svars1

lol maybe, i just want him to give me a money refund or send my goods back

Jaseth

Well Wes.. the problem is he posted only 3 days ago on his Jake22 account making new deals here. 3 days ago.. his customers who have already paid have been ignored for weeks, some of them months. While his stories about being ill all the time might be true, he was obviously in perfect condition 3 days ago since he could continue dealing with other people, so there is NO excuse for not having sent out the stuff to those who have been waiting for a month or more. He might be a nice guy, but letting your bussiness run into the ground, not sending people what they have ordered, ignoring them and still taking new orders is SCAMMING and will not be less of a scam simply because he used to be nice.

svars1

Well Wes.. the problem is he posted only 3 days ago on his Jake22 account making new deals here. 3 days ago.. his customers who have already paid have been ignored for weeks, some of them months. While his stories about being ill all the time might be true, he was obviously in perfect condition 3 days ago since he could continue dealing with other people, so there is NO excuse for not having sent out the stuff to those who have been waiting for a month or more. He might be a nice guy, but letting your bussiness run into the ground, not sending people what they have ordered, ignoring them and still taking new orders is SCAMMING and will not be less of a scam simply because he used to be nice.

i pmed jake22 lets wait and see.
thats all we can do unfortunatly

btw he was on yesterday on jake22

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
i honestly don't know the full story about all of this, can someone please make a poll about what actions should be taken if any? for example, 1 week ban, 2 week ban 1 month ban/etc

There is going to be a lot of kneejerk reaction on this one, I will try and get some sense out of jake....If he will answer my mail.

Regards rog8811

lame.... and to think i've traded words with the likes... i dont care WHATS going on, shit im in rehab, i have to take frickin ten LBS of opiods every day just to maintain... yet i function JUST FINE in bussiness AND society. insulin or not, if you take someones order... it is your commitment to fullfill it, and hopefully make your customer as happy as possible!!!!

and riddle me this... why the heck hasnt he had the grace to even make 1 lousy post in his defense.... i call bullshit. i know you hope for the best rog, and i pray u get ahold of him and slap him str8....but i dont forsee that honestly... a scammer is a scammer is a scammer. simple as that.

never not once, have i had a miscomunication with a customer who sent ME money and put food on MY plate...never

Last edited:

svars1

listen... i willingly sent the kit to jake becoz his rep and post count was phenomenal,
at the time he seemed very friendly. but this just takes the piss.
im pissed off at the fact he lied
he said he actually posted it back; what do u know 2 months later still hasnt arrived.
does it take 2 months to post a laser kit?

maybe he will learn his lesson with a harsh punishment? (even though i dont endorse punishment)

To C0ld, I'd suggest that jake's accounts be disabled from the B/S/T section, until he responds to all the people he still owes money or services in a satisfactory manner (tracking number, refund, scans of the proofs of postage etc). I've not bought from him in the past, but I saw T_Warne's story, and some unsatisfactory reviews. He's diabetic, and was selling his mini-lathe in order to pay for insulin (or so he claimed).

Jaseth

If it is possible to temporarily ban from a single section of the forum I agree with charliebruce. If he is simply banned completely he will not have a chance to explain himself and the people who cannot simply have paypal refund their money will not be satisfied.
Jake appears to be logging on and posting in his sales thread indicating that he is not in hospital or anything critical, but he still has said nothing to his defence here. He has to be gotten hold of, or else legal action beyond a simple ban and some paypal disputes will be necessary. Fraud is a serious crime no matter if it is because you have planned it from the start or because you have flooded yourself with debt and excessive orders.

Last edited:

svars1

If it is possible to temporarily ban from a single section of the forum I agree with charliebruce. If he is simply banned completely he will not have a chance to explain himself and the people who cannot simply have paypal refund their money will not be satisfied.
Jake appears to be logging on and posting in his sales thread indicating that he is not in hospital or anything critical, but he still has said nothing to his defence here. He has to be gotten hold of, or else legal action beyond a simple ban and some paypal disputes will be necessary. Fraud is a serious crime no matter if it is because you have planned it from the start or because you have flooded yourself with debt and excessive orders.
good idea, but i agree with policy of fraud. if you cant handle your orders and other commitments dont do em

Status
Not open for further replies.