Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Saw my first beam today, didn't want to

put mirror in front of your window at night:thinking: Next time it happens, even if the dot doesnt hit your eyes directly, scream and run to your parents covering an eye. Then say you cant see and "I TOLD YOU SO!" 5 min later say your vision is back but they need to do something about it.

UM...why dont you just close the shade?

If this is all true, your parents are morons. You have an obviously gay man trying to get the attention of a 15 year old boy. Yet your parents, or police dont care? :thinking: Doesnt make much sense.

UM...why dont you just close the shade?

If this is all true, your parents are morons. You have an obviously gay man trying to get the attention of a 15 year old boy. Yet your parents, or police dont care? :thinking: Doesnt make much sense.

I agree. I feel badly for the fact that your parents don't believe you on this. What if it was something worse, your parents should always trust you when it comes to abuse / sexual abuse and this situation practically falls in that category. Very rarely do kids / young adults make up things of this nature. Maybe show them this thread. It wouldn't make sense that you would also go to the effort of posting this on the forum as well. It would also show that you are trying to reach out for help from other sources since they have failed to do their part to believe you and look out for your well being.

Last edited:

Stix62

His parents DO believe him but don't see it as a problem. I'm not so sure the police would have the same opinion.

reverno -You should pop in your local police station and have a word with the copper on the desk. Take it from there...

Hiemal

How can they not see it as a problem?

He's obviously upset over it. I think there's some phone number you can call for non-emergencies for the police station.

Might want to try that out since you obviously can't drive, and your parents don't give a poop about some guy trying to get your attention.

put mirror in front of your window at night:thinking: Next time it happens, even if the dot doesnt hit your eyes directly, scream and run to your parents covering an eye. Then say you cant see and "I TOLD YOU SO!" 5 min later say your vision is back but they need to do something about it.

There was a mirror on my windowsill that night, possible he was trying to hit it to get a reflection, but to be honest I'm not totally sure it was him, the way the dot came in seemed to imply that it either came from the garages at the back of my house or one on a different row to him, not sure what's going on now. I'm still a little concerned but it hasn't happened again so I'll relax about it for now.

Whoever it was I have reason to believe they have the laser mounted on a still object like a telescope or tripod, it hit the same spot on my wall exactly twice within 30 seconds then moved slightly to the left and went off, at which point I shut the curtains.

Can't have been more than 30mW if I had to estimate, beam was a tiny little barely visible line and the dot didn't hurt to look at.

Ah well, anyone know if the Odicforce 5mW greenies are on or below spec? Could do with one for general use but I don't want it to be a hazard. Cheapest I can find low power green pointer pens that hopefully aren't overspec.

Last edited:
He's in the UK. Just tell the cops he is pointing a high power laser in your window, and it hit you in the eye.

When it happens just stay away from the window and call your parents, insted of wasting time crowling or what ever?

Well in case of despare, you could actually blind the guy with a 1W 808nm, and he wont even know what hit it :D. Assuming that the guy is what it is, he deserves far worse.

Last edited:
you are better off setting up a camera to capture it for evidence, then file a police report

then they may be arrested and charged with breach of the peace (UK), and if your video footage is good enough, convicted

A speedo and a mirror... fight fire with fire. Of course if anyone asks you yOu never heard of me.