Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu SILVER SERIES 3W Laser Review w/ 3X BE!

Hi,
Can you just tell me how fast it heats up? (In seconds or minuets)
It's also the duty cycle. (If you don't know: basically how long the laser can be turned on without overheating. It's very important to know for every 'laser' review.

Podo just about covered it, it gets warm around 40-50 and is claimed to be an unlimited cycle, probably measures the temp and drops the output accordingly. But, I usually don't run it longer than 1 minute 30 sec and don't see a decreased output. Maybe around a minute cool-down as well.

Lastly, I have to ask does the battery rattle at all? Repped thanks.

The diameter of the 18650s fit perfectly with the battery bay, but if you don't have double protected batteries you're gonna need a few spacers as Podo said.

If you use a spring between your SANWU 3X expander and host you can fine tune your primary ( G2/3E/G7 ) lens and your expander for the tightest line at any variable distance, yes it's better to use beam shaping between the primary and expander but if you use just the primary and expander leaving the primary adjustable lets you squeeze a little more performance out of your laser. The SANWU 3X expander will do wonders even without the extra spring, it just gives a little more fine tuning.

Yes that's a Maglite tail cap spring cut down to size. DON'T CUT YOUR SPRING TOO LONG OR MAKE IT TOO TIGHT, START LONG AND TRIM TO FIT THE RANGE

52554d1469140696-sanwu-silver-series-3w-laser-review-w-3x-sany0217.jpg

52526d1468796567-post-your-random-pics-sany0191.jpg

Attachments

• SANY0217.JPG
    SANY0217.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing RCB, unfortunately I don't think it'd work for the Silver as the primary lens is within the body. Though, I do throw my 07E beam through it at times!

anna3d

If you use a spring between your SANWU 3X expander and host you can fine tune your primary ( G2/3E/G7 ) lens and your expander for the tightest line at any variable distance, yes it's better to use beam shaping between the primary and expander but if you use just the primary and expander leaving the primary adjustable lets you squeeze a little more performance out of your laser. The SANWU 3X expander will do wonders even without the extra spring, it just gives a little more fine tuning.

Yes that's a Maglite tail cap spring cut down to size. DON'T CUT YOUR SPRING TOO LONG OR MAKE IT TOO TIGHT, START LONG AND TRIM TO FIT THE RANGE

52554d1469140696-sanwu-silver-series-3w-laser-review-w-3x-sany0217.jpg

52526d1468796567-post-your-random-pics-sany0191.jpg

wow, its look goods
o.png

The module in my 800mw challenger 635nm went bad and Podo is sending a new module. Problem is I've tried to remove the old one and I am unable. Looks like I'm not alone.
I've managed to remove it with the help of a bent jewelers screwdriver. :D Now I'm only waiting for the module. Francis has been very patient putting up with my problem. I've never had someone besides him and DTR have such amazing customer service for anything I've bought online. :thanks:
ebk419w.jpg

Last edited: