Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu RGB review

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Hello stranger. :p Where have you been Radim?
Nice to see you on. :)

Last edited:

Radim

Hello stranger. :p Where have you been Radim?
Nice to see you on. :)

Hi Curtis and all...
Long story - out for some time.

Still curious about this laser and in case there are some first pieces escaped from Sanwu - the price might be somehow relevant.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I still wondering about the price of this unit too.
It is an amazing laser Sanwu is offering.

Podo

Currently we are being forced to move our factory/workshop location which have an impact to our plan on making another new 10 RGB units for the official release but we can ensure you the price is nothing like on the site Radim links to.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I hope not Podo, $1600 is a lot of money. :p
But that site does offer free shipping and a 10W version. :D
Sorry to hear you're being forced to move, but hopefully it won't disrupt your business too much.
I wish you the best of luck. :beer:

Last edited:

Radim

Hopefully new place will be better. ;)

And great, Podo. That calms me down with the price. :D Anyway at least you know somebody is at least selling your host design for incredible price.

Anyway great work. I like the host size and how it is controlled.
Does it have those tritium marks on rings? What about some lenscap/cover of aperture?

Beam looks nice, hopefully the alignment and beam profile of new red diode is better. Still worrying about long term alignment and how to realign in case of need.

Last edited:

Podo

Don't forget you can always use some decoration! ;)
B0lwzpx.jpg

Last edited:

Radim

So, that is awesome, Podo. :) No need for Christmass tree now. :D Thanks for that pic. Seems very useful for night use and cool in addition.

Spectacular beam shots, Tero. I did look at the gallery photos too. You took a lot of photos of this laser. Many of it sitting on a tree stump. Looks like the type that might be used to sell this laser. :thanks: Your review has been very comprehensive and all inclusive of everything I might ask about it.

Oh that's too bad! I hope it works out OK!
Currently we are being forced to move our factory/workshop location which have an impact to our plan on making another new 10 RGB units for the official release but we can ensure you the price is nothing like on the site Radim links to.

Pulsed can show up when the beam is moving, such as waving it to make a liquid sky effect when rain drops are falling, I agree that analog would be much better.

Are you sure it's PWM modulated instead of analog?

Pulsed can show up when the beam is moving, such as waving it to make a liquid sky effect when rain drops are falling, I agree that analog would be much better.

I assume it's PWM modulated.. I tried to ask it from Podo, answer was: confidental

Either way, if it's PWM modulated as I assume, modulation speed is Ultra Fast..
Can't notice any kind of pulsing / dashing when moving the beam..

I hope Podo will open a bit how fast PWM is and how many steps from 0% to 100% on RGB values / or is it Analog.

Last edited:
You could measure the frequency if you have an oscilloscope and a photodiode or similar.
What bothers me most about PWM is that even when the laser is in low brightness mode it is still dangerous.