Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Pocket 650nm

Hey everyone!

Guess who's back, back again? :yh: Well I meant to post sooner but life has been very busy lately. My apologies.

I spoke to Podo a while ago, he gave great advice, and I subsequently ordered a Sanwu Pocket 650nm running at 250mW with a G2 lens at a very fair price with an LPF discount... it turned up. I tried it...

Suffice to say it was fantastic. I've not looked back, and have been having lots of fun with it. I can truthfully say the machining quality is superb. Tolerances are great. It is a lovely little laser. I'll have to review it properly, but for now at least I've uploaded a couple of pictures while I poke my head in and say hello again :beer:

BobMc

Hey! That's a whole lotta red coming for that little Laser.

Enjoy that puppy. Love those Pockets. :)

Thanks for the pics, nice!

Podo

Very nice clean shot of the red pocket laser! :beer:

Nice pics. That beam really stands out for what it is. Podo I hope you have your eyes on the new 470 and 505.

Very nice pictures! How did you get the ground red? I know the beam even with the exposure turned way down couldn't illuminate the ground. Did you use a red light for the ground :D

Radim

Very nice pictures! How did you get the ground red? I know the beam even with the exposure turned way down couldn't illuminate the ground. Did you use a red light for the ground :D

Seeing the illumination and shadow of tripod it seems to me it is glare from a laser dot out of the picture (hitting some near object).

Anyway very nice pics, Aardvark777. I'm pretty sure what will be my next laser - lasers accurately - I want entire pocket collection. :D

Last edited:
Thank you everyone :thanks:

The red glow is caused by me firing the laser up into a tree canopy as a backstop to avoid the beam traveling into the sky. That red glow is simply reflected light from the tree.

I'll be sure to get a few more pics and a mini review of this up once I can find the time. Work has been manic lately and other things have been in my way :tired:

Definitely going to take this pocket 650nm out with my DSLR this month though :eg: