Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu LPM/Laserbee LPM

Hi Folks,
Sanwu sent me their new LPM they have marketed n their site. So I did some testing against the Laserbee 10W LPM to see the differences. All tests were done with brand new batteries fully charges for each diode test. So here are the results on this test. All diodes are brand new and purchased from DTR.
Thank You Francis for letting me test your new LPM here on LPF.. Will post some tests with the NUBM44's soon to see how the head surface react to higher power exposure ..
Here are pics of the outputs so you decide ..

Rich:)fullsizeoutput_a8f.jpegfullsizeoutput_a91.jpegfullsizeoutput_a93.jpegfullsizeoutput_a95.jpegfullsizeoutput_a97.jpegfullsizeoutput_a99.jpeg

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for the comparison, Rich, they seem to measure very similarly. Looking forward to the NUBM44 sensor durability test. Do you have any low power (<25mW) units to compare.

Hi BTG,
I might have a lower power green or blue need to look but will do if I have . And as for the 44 test I will press one into a 12mm and test it on a PSU to max out the diode till it drop efficiency .
Here are some pics of the inside ..It also came with a SBU connector to your PC and one for the head unit. And an additional SBU I am assuming it will be for the data logging thats not available as of now. And they use a tricorn bit for the screws.fullsizeoutput_a54.jpegfullsizeoutput_a5b.jpegfullsizeoutput_a5a.jpegfullsizeoutput_a55.jpegfullsizeoutput_a52.jpegfullsizeoutput_a51.jpegIMG_4509.JPG
Rich:)

WOW that's not bad at all, if high power is good I am interested in a LPF discount/group buy as my Hyperion works but I would like to have a 2nd meter to compare against it, also the higher power 5W + is mostly what I am interested in and the diminutive Hyperion sensor is limiting.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Rich. I see that the tricorn bit didn't slow you down too much! ;)

Looks Good Rich... Thanks for sharing.
How long does it take to get a 100% reading ??

Jerry

Hi, Jerry
Ok as for the 100% reading the Sanwu is a little slower than the laser bee RTA A10 LPM The Laserbee is very fast in reading 100% no doubt. I just did a torchure test on the head surface with a NUBM44 and at 5A it put out 7.2mW's ,no burning then kicked it up a notch to 5.5A that gave me 7.8mA and that was with a fan cooling the diode in the test sink. Then started to dip down and that poor 44 bit the dust rest in peace . The 44 gave its life for LPF silent prayer please.. Sorry about no pics for the 44 it croaked before I could take one.
@ Red,
the 5+ and up is no problem for this LPM not at all.
@ BTG,
Buddy I have all kinds of tooling the I seen the tricorn screw I said no biggie

Here are the specs found on the Sanwu sitefullsizeoutput_a9b.jpeg

Rich:)fullsizeoutput_a9b.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Rich,
Thanks for your output, had a pleasure to read the test / review! (y)

Cheers,
Tero

Last edited:
Hi Red,
I doubt that buddy
@ Tero

Great thank you I received the LPM two weeks ago just been busy to get around to it.

That's ok Rich, it's a great deal now that we know it's accurate. Thanks again for the review. (y)

Hi Red,
No problem glad to be of help for the forum members.
Thanks Buddy...

Snecho

Thanks also Rich for doing a writeup of this LPM as I can't find much information on it.

And It's a bit of an older thread but one thing I wanted to ask as it hasn't been mentioned, the odd thing about the Tracer is it has a wavelength correction feature I believe. i.e. You set the wavelength on the LPM to match whatever laser you are measuring.

Is this useful and/or needed? Did you use it in your tests, Rich?

I just find it odd as I've been looking at getting this LPM but I've never heard of wavelength correction before.

Hi,
I did some tests on it, And basically for the cost, well add a few bucks more and get a Laserbee unit . I have 4/5 never let me down I also recommend Laserbee highly. You get what yo pay for in the long run . If your serious about this hobby of ours, Get the 10W there are two models. Response time is awesome and accurate . So for the money are you serious enough to purchase a great LPM..

As far as wavelength correction goes, I'm sure there is *some* effect. No thermopile material has an identical absorption coefficient across the entire 300nm-1200nm range. Just a question of whether that difference is measurable, and if so, is it significant? In Rich's original post I see 4.28W vs. 4.416W - assuming both LPM's are "calibrated", that's already a ~3% error with respect to each other. I'm not really convinced that wavelength correction will cause a >3% difference in readings, but I suppose it would be pretty easy for Rich to test this and find out 😉

As far as wavelength correction goes, I'm sure there is *some* effect. No thermopile material has an identical absorption coefficient across the entire 300nm-1200nm range. Just a question of whether that difference is measurable, and if so, is it significant? In Rich's original post I see 4.28W vs. 4.416W - assuming both LPM's are "calibrated", that's already a ~3% error with respect to each other. I'm not really convinced that wavelength correction will cause a >3% difference in readings, but I suppose it would be pretty easy for Rich to test this and find out 😉

Hi,
In both tests I personally know the the Laserbee LPM was calibrated correctly from Jerry. He doesn't anything like that slip past him and his product works flawlessly . I cant answer for the Sanwu LPM but all I can say is was brand new out of the box from the company. So there for I am assuming the the Sanwu LPM was calibrated .. Why would a respected company like Sanwu let that go out the door without calibration .
I cant vouch for their quality control, But I can vouch for Jerry's he's top of it.