Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Sanwu LPM/Laserbee LPM

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Folks,
Sanwu sent me their new LPM they have marketed n their site. So I did some testing against the Laserbee 10W LPM to see the differences. All tests were done with brand new batteries fully charges for each diode test. So here are the results on this test. All diodes are brand new and purchased from DTR.
Thank You Francis for letting me test your new LPM here on LPF.. Will post some tests with the NUBM44's soon to see how the head surface react to higher power exposure ..
Here are pics of the outputs so you decide ..

Rich:)fullsizeoutput_a8f.jpegfullsizeoutput_a91.jpegfullsizeoutput_a93.jpegfullsizeoutput_a95.jpegfullsizeoutput_a97.jpegfullsizeoutput_a99.jpeg

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for the comparison, Rich, they seem to measure very similarly. Looking forward to the NUBM44 sensor durability test. Do you have any low power (<25mW) units to compare.

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi BTG,
I might have a lower power green or blue need to look but will do if I have . And as for the 44 test I will press one into a 12mm and test it on a PSU to max out the diode till it drop efficiency .
Here are some pics of the inside ..It also came with a SBU connector to your PC and one for the head unit. And an additional SBU I am assuming it will be for the data logging thats not available as of now. And they use a tricorn bit for the screws.fullsizeoutput_a54.jpegfullsizeoutput_a5b.jpegfullsizeoutput_a5a.jpegfullsizeoutput_a55.jpegfullsizeoutput_a52.jpegfullsizeoutput_a51.jpegIMG_4509.JPG
Rich:)

RedCowboy

LPF Site Supporter
WOW that's not bad at all, if high power is good I am interested in a LPF discount/group buy as my Hyperion works but I would like to have a 2nd meter to compare against it, also the higher power 5W + is mostly what I am interested in and the diminutive Hyperion sensor is limiting.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Rich. I see that the tricorn bit didn't slow you down too much! ;)

lasersbee

Looks Good Rich... Thanks for sharing.
How long does it take to get a 100% reading ??

Jerry

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi, Jerry
Ok as for the 100% reading the Sanwu is a little slower than the laser bee RTA A10 LPM The Laserbee is very fast in reading 100% no doubt. I just did a torchure test on the head surface with a NUBM44 and at 5A it put out 7.2mW's ,no burning then kicked it up a notch to 5.5A that gave me 7.8mA and that was with a fan cooling the diode in the test sink. Then started to dip down and that poor 44 bit the dust rest in peace . The 44 gave its life for LPF silent prayer please.. Sorry about no pics for the 44 it croaked before I could take one.
@ Red,
the 5+ and up is no problem for this LPM not at all.
@ BTG,
Buddy I have all kinds of tooling the I seen the tricorn screw I said no biggie

Here are the specs found on the Sanwu sitefullsizeoutput_a9b.jpeg

Rich:)fullsizeoutput_a9b.jpeg

Last edited:

ArcticDude

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Rich,
Thanks for your output, had a pleasure to read the test / review! (y)

Cheers,
Tero

Last edited:

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Red,
I doubt that buddy
@ Tero

Great thank you I received the LPM two weeks ago just been busy to get around to it.

RedCowboy

LPF Site Supporter
That's ok Rich, it's a great deal now that we know it's accurate. Thanks again for the review. (y)

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Red,
No problem glad to be of help for the forum members.
Thanks Buddy...