Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu LPM/Laserbee LPM

@Lifetime17,

I think you misunderstood what we were asking. The Sanwu Tracer LPM comes with a setting to input the wavelength of your laser in order to increase the accuracy of the LPM. See "Wavelength discriminations" in the description of the LPM near the bottom of the page: https://www.sanwulasers.com/product/20wlpm

Snecho and I were curious as to whether this wavelength setting actually made a difference in the LPM readings. Perhaps you can test this and report back what you find?

Hi,
Sorry about that , when I tested the LPM and used the option the reading were no different. I tested with 445,450 and 520nm diodes like I said it reads the power density the same for all the WL's . Personally I cant see why they put that into the spec sheet. The 2W and the 20W option works yes it does. The auto zero works also, response time of the unit I tested was a tad slower that 4/6 seconds compared to the
Laserbee A10 RTA LPM.
hope this clears the smoke ..The coating on the thermopile held up no scorch marks or burning this LPM is fine if you want to save a few buck to the Laserbee LPM, but you get what you pay for .
Also I noticed if I test a build with one 3E lens and then try another readings are a little different sometimes. All lenses aren't made the same you can get a fluke once in a while.
Rich:)

Last edited:

GSS

@Lifetime17,

I think you misunderstood what we were asking. The Sanwu Tracer LPM comes with a setting to input the wavelength of your laser in order to increase the accuracy of the LPM. See "Wavelength discriminations" in the description of the LPM near the bottom of the page: https://www.sanwulasers.com/product/20wlpm

Snecho and I were curious as to whether this wavelength setting actually made a difference in the LPM readings. Perhaps you can test this and report back what you find?
Hi hwang,
through the kindness of Lifetime17 and Jerry I have this LPM now.
I don't have another LPM to compare it to though. I can try measuring lasers without setting the WL feature and see if that makes a difference.

Snecho

Hi hwang,
I don't have another LPM to compare it to though. I can try measuring lasers without setting the WL feature and see if that makes a difference.
Yes sorry for any confusion. I found out after my original post that GSS must now have the Tracer because I knew he had one but then I saw this that Lifetime had one first and also saw the thread where he offered a free LPM to GSS so I connected the dots.

And thanks, I think testing would be cool 👍

Reactions: GSS

Snecho

Hi hwang,
Hi GSS, hope you are doing well.

I was wondering if you happened to get a chance to do the test. I asked Sanwu basically what does it do when thermopiles aren't affected by wavelength and they literally said, "It is an additional feature to make the reading slightly more accurate on the testing wavelenth, it's not necessary but we add it anyway."

GSS

Hi Snecho, i'm hanging in.. Hope your staying safe..
No I haven't yet but I will very soon. I'm curious also.:)