Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Lasers - Shipping Problems

snakevsplane

Hi I don't know where else to post this as Sanwu Lasers has gone silent on communication with me.

I ordered their 304 laser pointers on July 12th.

I was told I would receive a dispatch email with 15 days. I did not receive anything.

I followed up on July 31st asking for a status update, and was told to wait a little longer.

I followed up on Aug 7th, and was told that my order was to be shipped the following Monday. I was given a tracking number that did not work.

I followed up Aug 17th, and they told me the order was stuck in customs.

I followed up Aug 27th, with no response from Sanwu.

I followed up Sept 18th, after my order was stuck in customs for 2 months. I requested a reship. Sanwu agreed to reship, why they didn't consider this sooner I don't know. They told me I would have a tracking number on 25th. They never provided one.

I followed up Sept 28th, and was told tracking would come to me on this day. It never came.

I followed up on Sept 29th. Sanwu did not reply.

I followed up Sept 30th, Sanwu did not reply.

I followed up today, 10/1. Sanwu has not yet replied.

This is a disgrace of customer service. I have emailed them at two addresses. I have contacted their whatsapp with no response. I am so frustrated.

I hope this serves as a warning to anyone looking to buy their products. I don't care how well built they are, they do not care about their customers at all.

heard your laser arrived--edit for that

Last edited:

Photon Master

just wanted to say my own experience with Sanwu has been great. I’ve bought half a dozen lasers that were perfect. Recently I bought a pocket sized green that was dim. Mailed it back to them and they sent me a new one that’s awesome. Francis over there has been super responsive.

I’ve seen posts from time to time about communication problems, but by in large issues are fully resolved.

Keep in mind the pandemic.. uncharted waters.
Shipping may not be 'back to normal' ATM
so we should give the sellers a break..
Like us- they have no control once shipped.
I DO suggest popping for faster and safer ways to ship (express). JETLASERS only ships by Express at $38usd
and worth every penny. It may be more about safe delivery than fast-- BUT 3 or 4 days is sweet.

hak

Last edited:

Photon Master

I’ve had a lot of issues with DHL when buying from other companies. A few weeks ago I checked the tracking on something I bought and it said returned to sender in China. I emailed the company asking what the problem was and the next day the package showed up at my house

gazer101

The problem is that most of the time the laser components I buy are cheaper than what the $38 express shipping would be, so it only makes sense if I go the economical route

Photon Master

Ahh, that makes sense. You have to wonder why they can't make lasers like these in the US but I guess the idiots who point them at planes ruin that for everyone else.

gazer101

Ahh, that makes sense. You have to wonder why they can't make lasers like these in the US but I guess the idiots who point them at planes ruin that for everyone else.
Everything's made in China. And good on them for that too, I wouldn't want the US to become a polluted wasteland XD

Photon Master

Haha yeah. I was just shining my Sanwu pocket 150 mw green on a bridge and some buildings that were at least 5 miles away. Wish I’d had my 1.2 watt with beam expander lens with me

Photon Master

Totally random... I got one of those “you might be interested in...” emails from eBay and there was a “Coherent DONUT Diode Laser 872W”. Can you imagine if you could make a laser rifle with that thing inside?? Whole bunch of 21700 batteries :)