Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Lasers - Offical thread

You signed on today and have made 13 posts......several abusive ones. What have you shown? You say you get more power out of your only lazer (sic) by using more batteries than it requires. That is pure nonsense. Maybe you don't realize it, but you are already a laughing stock here.

Encap

You signed on today and have made 13 posts......several abusive ones. What have you shown? You say you get more power out of your only lazer (sic) by using more batteries than it requires. That is pure nonsense. Maybe you don't realize it, but you are already a laughing stock here.

Exactly,

Anyone else smell demented moron type troll?

Hi, Dikcheese33,
Being rude and obnoxious will get you no were and possibly banned from the forum. Paul has been very knowledgeable in giving helpful information . You can only wish that you can have such knowledge about lasers and what they can do and can't do. So be a little nicer , coming on like gangbusters won't get you anywhere and folks will be more appreciative in helping you out . Its ok if if you dont know squat here you can find a multitude of info in the search box or from some of the great members here.
Sorry had to jump on this one it just wasn't a nice comment I read.
Rich:)

I'm interested in buying the 520nm 1W Guardian series laser but I have a few questions.
  1. Is there an option for an extended smooth version?
  2. Will the beam expander fit on the the extended version?
  3. Which lens comes on the Guardian? I'd like to get the G7 lens and would like to know if I would have to purchase it separately. If so, would I need the 7mm or 9mm holder?

Podo

I'm interested in buying the 520nm 1W Guardian series laser but I have a few questions.
  1. Is there an option for an extended smooth version?
  2. Will the beam expander fit on the the extended version?
  3. Which lens comes on the Guardian? I'd like to get the G7 lens and would like to know if I would have to purchase it separately. If so, would I need the 7mm or 9mm holder?

Hello DeadSquirrely,

1. No
2. Yes, it fits.
3. G7 lens, there is no need to order it separately.

Podo

Orders placed after 8 August will be severely delayed up to two weeks to a month, we are extremely sorry for the delay and we will provide a full order refund if requested. Please contact sanwulasers@gmail.com

Last edited:

anne0705

Orders placed after 8 August will be severely delayed up to two weeks to a month, we are extremely sorry for the delay and we will provide a full order refund if requested. Please contact sanwulasers@gmail.com
Hi Podo from sanwu:

Is it possible for SANWU to make 7W + 450nm Blue laser using the latest and most powerful 7W NUBM44-V2(NUBM44-81/NUBM47-A1) 450nm Laser Diode (https://sites.google.com/site/dtrslasershop/home/diodes/6w-nubm44-445nm-laser-diode)?

If this diode is used, then there is no need for over-pushing the diode to reach ~7W output power, and the laser could be more stable and last longer. After all, 7W is the standard power for this diode.

Really looking forward to seeing sanwu use this diode one day! :)

Actually, these diodes are still pushed quite hard to reach 7 watts as they were never intended to do that in the projectors they were designed to go into. They can do a but better than the original NUBM44s, but still are very much over driven.

Laserbran

Hiya dumb question, 7w nubm44 original or v2 what is the best driver for this diode? The original cost 80 dollars the v2s 100 usd to 120 new, don't want to risk using wrong driver etc. Anyone want to share the best setup overall for this. Anyone try to install a nubm44 in a sanwu striker using the original driver etc of the striker but simply switching out the diode?

GSS

I don't know whats involved in swapping out parts in a Sanwu host.
The most common driver members use in their own build's is the SXD. I'm guessing youv'e seen DTR's store?
Lifetime17, uses them alot on his builds:)

Last edited:
Hi ,
Yes GSS is correct with the driver choice , the SXD set at 4.5/5A . But the driver needs heat sinking over 1.8A on the IC . Or an X Wossee driver set to same but the driver needs heat sinking on the entire bottom of the driver pad between the diode and power points. And the diode +/- also the power +/- needs to have some kind of insulating tape so not to ground out.
Top pic X Wossee bottom pic SXD
Rich:)IMG_4908.JPGfullsizeoutput_ac9.jpeg

Encap

+ as mentioned on DTR's site here: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrslasershop/home/diodes/6w-nubm44-445nm-laser-diode

UPDATE 6W NUBM44-71/NUBM47T the original version of this diode has been out of production for a few years now.

The new 7W NUBM44-V2 diodes are the 7W NUBM44-81/NUBM47-A1. The NUBM44 vs NUBM47 refer to the number of NUBM44-V2 diodes in the block.

The NUBM44 diode blocks have 8 diodes vs the NUBM47 diode blocks which have 10 diodes. Both blocks contain the same 7W NUBM44-V2 diodes.

There is some confusion that the power difference is 44 vs 47 but it is 6W NUBM44 out of the NUBM44-71/NUBM47T vs 7W NUBM44-V2 out of the NUBM44-81/NUBM47-A1.

Laserbran

+ as mentioned on DTR's site here: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrslasershop/home/diodes/6w-nubm44-445nm-laser-diode

UPDATE 6W NUBM44-71/NUBM47T the original version of this diode has been out of production for a few years now.

The new 7W NUBM44-V2 diodes are the 7W NUBM44-81/NUBM47-A1. The NUBM44 vs NUBM47 refer to the number of NUBM44-V2 diodes in the block.

The NUBM44 diode blocks have 8 diodes vs the NUBM47 diode blocks which have 10 diodes. Both blocks contain the same 7W NUBM44-V2 diodes.

There is some confusion that the power difference is 44 vs 47 but it is 6W NUBM44 out of the NUBM44-71/NUBM47T vs 7W NUBM44-V2 out of the NUBM44-81/NUBM47-A1.
Many thanks, checked out DTRs website. The diodes are available with the drivers in a variety of copper diameter and with g2 and g8 lenses...takes the worry out of mating the right componants for a nooblie like me. Seriously thinking of ordering the nubmm v2 in 25 mm copper with g8 lense w/ driver. Very cool! Now the ramp up module is part of the driver. So again forgive my ignorance and nooblie questions. So after ordering the above from dtrslasershop the positive and negative leads back from the driver simply connect to a switch with the center lead as a ground soldered to the host? I read diys so far and it seems that way. Dtrslasershop states there is no need for anything else driver wise since the ramp up module etc is part of it. Two 3.7v batteries work for the power supply since I am wanting hand held. The host I'm turning myself(easy fun part for an exmachinist). Now when installing the copper into the aluminum host should I have anything between the copper and aluminum or just a good press fit work? I'll be reaming the host 1 thousands over so the copper will be a very good press fit. Should I put insulating paste etc between the two? Lastly what switches you guys recommend? Anything else I should use to ensure long life and current protection for the diode? DTRs website is very nice, great explanations.

Last edited:

Snecho

Hey. So, I know there's a lot going on in Hong Kong right now. Any words on any updates? I went on Sanwu's Facebook, searched across LPF as well as the internet and I can't find anything. Anyone know when Sanwu will be fully operational again? These protests are getting out of hand.

Distorted Vision

Does Sanwu Lasers have a Black Friday Sale?
Do they accept PayPal? I feel uncomfortable placing an order with a relative high value in case it is seized by customs. I read that Sanwu will only send a replacement order for an additional payment of 50% of the order value.