Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Lasers - Offical thread

You can now select "magnetic controls" for the striker saber laser!
View attachment 61348

Magnetic control rings(Optional)
The magnetic control rings allow user to adjust the power of the laser from 100mW to 5000mW(5W 445nm for example) by twisting the control rings along with the control to the operation mode.
Very cool!

The limiting factor in removing heat from a heat sink into the air is the surface area of your sink and the thermal capacity of the air. The thermal capacity of copper is greater than aluminum so heat sinks of equal mass, copper wins every time. But, since copper is denser than aluminum equal masses mean there will be more aluminum by volume. If you make both to have the same surface area, copper still wins out. That is because it has a greater thermal capacity than aluminum. Heat moving into or out of a mass is the same reaction, just in reverse.

I would love a pocket 488 but I’m afraid it would get ceased by Canada customs..
What’s the chance it would make it across the boarder?

If they ship in in two parts, I'd say your chances are good at getting them both and putting it together. There is also 488nm lasers for sale on eBay for less and they have an unlimited run time according to one member here who has done several tests allowing the batteries to discharge all the way while checking power and wavelength.

just stopping by to say that i ordered a 50mW 505nm pocket from sanwu. i recieved a unit that only peaked at 24ish mW. also the lens was epoxied in really well and I couldnt remove it to swap it out. I emailed them and let podo know, asking for a new module and focus adapter. they have just shipped a whole new laser instead. they never even asked me to provide a picture of the LPM reading proving it was underspec, just took me at my word. I could have provided such proof, but it's nice to just be believed sometimes. they've earned my continued business and respect. I assume this comes as a suprise to no one here

1.6W 405nm sounds fun. 525nm? is there any noticable difference between that and 520nm I wonder? I ask because I dont really notice a difference between my 515nm and 520nm. adjustable power knobs eh? wish some of my units had that. waiting to see how the rgb looks too

just stopping by to say that i ordered a 50mW 505nm pocket from sanwu. i recieved a unit that only peaked at 24ish mW. also the lens was epoxied in really well and I couldnt remove it to swap it out. I emailed them and let podo know, asking for a new module and focus adapter. they have just shipped a whole new laser instead. they never even asked me to provide a picture of the LPM reading proving it was underspec, just took me at my word. I could have provided such proof, but it's nice to just be believed sometimes. they've earned my continued business and respect. I assume this comes as a suprise to no one here

1.6W 405nm sounds fun. 525nm? is there any noticable difference between that and 520nm I wonder? I ask because I dont really notice a difference between my 515nm and 520nm. adjustable power knobs eh? wish some of my units had that. waiting to see how the rgb looks too
They do have excellent customer service.

hello this shop send laser via china? im from europe and like a laser but from china i think will be withheld at customs. thanks

Podo

hello this shop send laser via china? im from europe and like a laser but from china i think will be withheld at customs. thanks

Yes, we ship to europe countries. Send me a pm if you have any questions about the shipping.

Podo

Certainly(sorry!) to say you won't get it before christmas but here it is, the 500mw RGB handheld laser, limited pre-ordering starting now! We did not announce the pre-order on our facebook yet, we hope laserpointerforums to take a first look on this beauty!

The RGB laser is built for true laser enthusiasts out there- it's small and it takes days of aligning work and observation, several renovations just to solve one problem- so that you don't have to adjust the dichroes from time to time, the dichroes will always back to their original positions after cooling down. The unusually high defective rate is also what make us frustrated and set us back on the production of the RGB laser but it's finally here.

https://www.sanwulasers.com/product/rgb

Last edited:
Is there any way to change the operation mode from multi-operation mode to single mode on a 520nm 1000mW Striker?

Is there any way to change the operation mode from multi-operation mode to single mode on a 520nm 1000mW Striker?
The easiest way is to leave the switch in the position you want it and just click once for on, once for off. My 1W 445 Guardian with the MM switch is irritiating, but I never switch it out of 100% power, so it's not so bad.