Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Lasers - Offical thread

Sweet! I can wait to purchase one, probably my next laser when I've saved enough cash.

Here's the final product:

On & Off:
GnvqPk0.jpg

Magnetic switch for output adjust:
dfdD5KK.jpg

Cex3Yk6.jpg

Breakdown:
rNGeU9u.jpg

:beer:

Wow looking forward to seeing it available on the site. Btw nice work on the site. Selecting different wavelengths displays different pic.
Also could you acknowledge and answer my question a few posts back about the G7 lens?

I wish you would add some more expanders to your lineup. Bigger ones to utilize the GBall diodes with the cans intact.
Although your 3X will help with them, a larger unit would be great.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but what is the discharge current of the Sanwu 3 Watt silver series laser? I'm curious about run-time on the unit and if my batteries are up to the task.

BobMc

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but what is the discharge current of the Sanwu 3 Watt silver series laser? I'm curious about run-time on the unit and if my batteries are up to the task.

I think on their site they say the Silver series has a continual duty cycle? As far as a amp draw sorry no help :( .

But I have a Silver and she a super unit. If you chose you'll be happy :)

I have that laser too I'm just wondering what runtime I'm looking at. I guess I could measure it with the batteries I have and that could give me an estimation of current draw but it's highly dependent on the health of my batteries and several other factors.

I use nitecore 3400 mah batteries which I believe are based on Panasonic cells.

Nice post. I saw that before but I didn't know that's the diode I had because on the sanwu website it has several diodes listed under the silver series. So looks like about 2.4 amps gives about 3 watts of laser energy. Cool!

Edit +rep

Last edited:
Hey Podo, I just got the silver 3 w 445 and I am having trouble with the switch. I got the single mode switch but I am having trouble turning it off and on. The metal push button doesn't go straight in and it wiggles where the switch won't work. I tried taking it apart and seating it back down but it is doing the same thing. Francis seems to think I need to order something from banggood to fix the problem. I really think the switch itself is good but the button moving up and down seems to be the problem. Any fix?.

Podo

Hey Podo, I just got the silver 3 w 445 and I am having trouble with the switch. I got the single mode switch but I am having trouble turning it off and on. The metal push button doesn't go straight in and it wiggles where the switch won't work. I tried taking it apart and seating it back down but it is doing the same thing. Francis seems to think I need to order something from banggood to fix the problem. I really think the switch itself is good but the button moving up and down seems to be the problem. Any fix?.

The push button cap does wiggles around sometime since it's copper made but it shouldn't prevent you from turning on the laser most of the time.

The picture from banggood is just a part which might help to stabilize the push cap. We can also send a new switch assembly if you think the tail switch is not functioning properly.

You can also remove the rubber cover inside the assmebly to reduce the wiggling but we don't recommend you to do that.

Last edited:
Podo,

First off thank you for making some really sweet lasers! I have a question. I ordered some extra lenses but when I ordered them I didn't see where to specify what wavelengths they are for. I know that some lens coatings are for specific wavelengths. How will I know which ones to use on what?