Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Salutations from South Florida

Good afternoon/morning/evening (currently afternoon for this post in EST):

I am pleased to have finally joined the LPF community after many weeks of silently stalking the many shades of color and power the website has to offer.

I have always had an extreme interest in optics (specifically this form of optical amplification and its many astounding uses) since I knew what a laser pointer was (and was capable of). After so many years of waiting for Physics practice, Aerospace engineering programs, and shadowing my handyman-(and also, coincidentally, mechanical engineer)-of-a-father through his many interesting feats, I am officially able to start purchasing and assembling my own high-power lasers parts for furthering my interest in this beautiful hobby. Considering this could be the specialized direction I take in study, I am very excited to construct my first laser, which will be a high-powered one: 2W 445nm M140 laser, run at 1.8 amps on a BlitzBuckv4, in a DIY S4 host with Extended+tapered heatsink, with the famous (and extended by Daedal) 405-G-2 lens.

I AM WELL AWARE OF THE DANGERS ASSSOCIATED. I have had many wavelengths of high-powered lasers in my temporary possession and understand fully the responsibility assumed when armed with one of these lethal behemoths. I will be purchasing, in bulk, the cheap but productive (and tested so) safety goggles I have seen amongst the LPF, for use in an intimate (few people) group setting.

Once everything arrives in the mail and I have my test load set up (custom), we'll be seeing some PDFs from this lil' newcomer. :angel:

I wanted to publicly and personally thank Daedal and Garoq here for their AMAZINGLY FAST shipping services, I've honestly never purchased something and had it ship on the exact same day (literally 3 hours later from Daedal). My apologies to Daedal as well for double-ordering, when he already offers a great free shipping deal.

Seriously one of the coolest things I've seen is the 105.5KW (yes, Kilowatts:drool:) military grade Northrop Grumman laser assembly, which was designed for defensive purposes (and even portability, go read into it more: Laser weapon design hits 100-kilowatt target | Cutting Edge - CNET News). NO I AM NOT A WEAPONS ADVOCATE, IMO this "milestone" is just very interesting (a little scary even:p).

Without further ado, I thank you all for your time and look forward to our future together as fellow LPF members and laser hobbyists. :beer:

Welcome to LPF!

Looking forward to seeing your future builds! Cheers!

c

...silently stalking the many shades of color and power the website has to offer...Without further ado, I thank you all for your time and look forward to our future together as fellow LPF members and laser hobbyists. :beer:

Welcome to LPF! Beware the potential drain this hobby may have on your wallet! :p The more exotic diode wavelengths do not go for a song.;)

ENX

Welcome and greetings from another South Florida resident.

Welcome to LPF! Beware the potential drain this hobby may have on your wallet! :p The more exotic diode wavelengths do not go for a song.;)

You can rest assured I have spent nearly a quarter of my last paycheck (FRUGALLY) on my first setup, and I'm not regretting it one bit. But maybe it's because I took the Jewban Engineer's route :D:wave::wave:

I would like to even see if I could one day incorporate all these beautiful wavelengths of color into a really fun, infinitely adjustable (yet safe to our goggles) device, similar to laser stage lighting technology we are familiar with now. Oh, my thirst for personal research in this field is growing more and more every second. :can::p

Thank you so much, as well as thank you others! I reside in Hollywood Beach.

I reside in Hollywood Beach.

You're welcome! Why don't you and TampaVmax update your locations in your personal profiles too?:p Would help the rest provide you relevant info on legal matters affecting your area and gauge necessary shipping details for BST transactions.:yh:

Good afternoon/morning/evening (currently afternoon for this post in EST):

I am pleased to have finally joined the LPF community after many weeks of silently stalking the many shades of color and power the website has to offer

.WELCOME from S tex

I have always had an extreme interest in optics (specifically this form of optical amplification and its many astounding uses) since I knew what a laser pointer was (and was capable of). After so many years of waiting for Physics practice, Aerospace engineering programs, and shadowing my handyman-(and also, coincidentally, mechanical engineer)-of-a-father through his many interesting feats, I am officially able to start purchasing and assembling my own high-power lasers parts for furthering my interest in this beautiful hobby. Considering this could be the specialized direction I take in study, I am very excited to construct my first laser, which will be a high-powered one: 2W 445nm M140 laser, run at 1.8 amps on a BlitzBuckv4, in a DIY S4 host with Extended+tapered heatsink, with the famous (and extended by Daedal) 405-G-2 lens.

I AM WELL AWARE OF THE DANGERS ASSSOCIATED.

GOOD ANSWER saves somebody asking..lol--
I have had many wavelengths of high-powered lasers in my temporary possession and understand fully the responsibility assumed when armed with one of these lethal behemoths. I will be purchasing, in bulk, the cheap but productive (and tested so) safety goggles I have seen amongst the LPF, for use in an intimate (few people) group setting.

Once everything arrives in the mail and I have my test load set up (custom), we'll be seeing some PDFs from this lil' newcomer. :angel:

I wanted to publicly and personally thank Daedal and Garoq here for their AMAZINGLY FAST shipping services, I've honestly never purchased something and had it ship on the exact same day (literally 3 hours later from Daedal). My apologies to Daedal as well for double-ordering, when he already offers a great free shipping deal.

Seriously one of the coolest things I've seen is the 105.5KW (yes, Kilowatts:drool:) military grade Northrop Grumman laser assembly, which was designed for defensive purposes (and even portability, go read into it more: Laser weapon design hits 100-kilowatt target | Cutting Edge - CNET News). NO I AM NOT A WEAPONS ADVOCATE, IMO this "milestone" is just very interesting (a little scary even:p).

Without further ado, I thank you all for your time and look forward to our future together as fellow LPF members and laser hobbyists. :beer:

Welcome and greetings from another South Florida resident.

Where you'll at in FL?

Welcome! Clearwater/Tampa here.

Sent using Tapatalk.

You're welcome! Why don't you and TampaVmax update your locations in your personal profiles too?:p Would help the rest provide you relevant info on legal matters affecting your area and gauge necessary shipping details for BST transactions.:yh:

^^^^Y E S !!! you all would b wise to add your location in your personal profile and also go ahead and join the LPF 'Social Group' for laserisist in or from Florida
--- You guys should do whatever it takes to make the big laser meet near Orlando at the end of Feb. These LEMs are excellent chances to see many free laser shows in a private setting- meet lots of members and make friendships that will benefit you greatly. Google FLEM and SELEM to see pics and vids taken at these events- One hit will get you the link to the place to sign up and get all the info you need- a carpool is a great way to cut the costs-
FLEM is 0ne of the oldest meets and always a good one.

you will not regret making the effort--

Hak