Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sale thread/ Hosts/Heat Sinks/Focus adapters/lasers

LaserRanger

I was trying to fool myself by asking this question, I knew full well yet I had hope😔 that maybe there was a way... Well... I guess it has come to this... time to get spare eye protection for everybody 🙃😎😎😎😎

Hi LPF, SOLD !!!!! Thank You ....
Here is a build I wanted to do for a while now. Started it 2 weeks ago and finally finished it. Its a NUGMO3 /520nm /9mm diode. X Drive set to 1.8A/ G2 lens. It has a full CU heat sink and the diode is an open can. Well some pics for all ..Enjoy.

Rich:)fullsizeoutput_9db.jpegfullsizeoutput_9dd.jpegfullsizeoutput_9de.jpegfullsizeoutput_9df.jpegfullsizeoutput_9e9.jpegfullsizeoutput_9e4.jpegfullsizeoutput_9e5.jpegfullsizeoutput_9e6.jpeg

Last edited:

GSS

Beauty:)
I think Rich sent me a sneak peek before posting,
that Copper sink alone weighs 1/2 pound;) and 2 18650's for run time..

Hi Thanks guys the powder coating and the CU sink I thought went together well . The powders name is Atomic Yellow have no idea how they came about that. maybe marketing is color blind. I think the sink is about 1-1/4 or 1-3/8 Dia. when you hold it it feels very hefty. Glad you guys enjoyed it my pleasure . Was also thinking about putting it up for sale still thinking.. These NUGMO3's are really nice diodes at 1.9A they do well over 1100+ mW's easy ..

Oh almost forgot to post the heat sinks weight thanks for reminding me GSS :)fullsizeoutput_9f3.jpegfullsizeoutput_9f5.jpeg

Rich:)

Last edited:
Yep I like the 03 too, I had started collecting them but no auctions in a while.
Could you imagine a 7 beam unit, maybe in a big head on a skyray king that holds 4 x 18650's
1 in the center surrounded by 6, the center fixed and the 6 each in their own sink, maybe a length of 3/4 bar stock but each will need a screw adjustment to true the alignment, I have not drawn it out yet but I can see it in my minds eye as a holder with 3 screws to adjust each....................then on a wet foggy night like a green lightning bolt lighting up the sky punching up through the clouds with a green glow.

Hi Red, Wow that's a real vision just imagine if that came to life. 6 or 7 O3's fired up at once thats would be amazing to actually see. I was looking at a rotary table to fit my milling machine then it should possible to adjust the 12mm hole spacing evenly. But the one I wants about 600.00 bucks , sure there are cheaper tables but you get what you pay for. Then you need to learn how to operate it.

Hi Red, Wow that's a real vision just imagine if that came to life. 6 or 7 O3's fired up at once thats would be amazing to actually see. I was looking at a rotary table to fit my milling machine then it should possible to adjust the 12mm hole spacing evenly. But the one I wants about 600.00 bucks , sure there are cheaper tables but you get what you pay for. Then you need to learn how to operate it.

Yes but even when your spacing is perfect and all holes are parallel the diode presses into the modules a little different sometimes, they don't always seat exactly square. So an adjustment is needed to true each beam, so all those 6 holes surrounding the stationary center beam need to have 3 set screws at 0, 120,240 degrees and center pivoted at the bottom so each beam can be finish aligned, each in it's own 15mm heat sink looks like 15mm wide bar stock with a 12mm copper module pressed in, so the head may be 2 - 2.25 inches wide or so, that's not bad really.

HiRed, This seems like a long project but it will take some time to complete. If a drawing could be made up then you can tweek it here and there. Seems like an awesome build though that would be one bright and blinding build. One O3 is super bright just imagine 5 or 6 fired up.

Yea I have 2 x ndg7475/700 and an 01 and 2 x 03 that's 2 x 520 and 3 x 525 but I have 3 built into singles already and I like to buy them at auction when I can, so maybe a 3 beamer, that would also be sweet and if simply drilling a spring hole for each towards the center then only 2 set screws from the circumference would be needed for each, much easier build and would cost less.....but I already have so much, I can turn on the 3 I have and clutch them in my paws and say OHH....AHHH.........yea, I want the 7 beamer but later after I collect more.

Last edited:
Hi Red, 3 sounds more like it at the moment. And would be easier to fab the host as well. I fired up the build I just did and that diode is so bright unbelievable , I couldn't leave it on to long because of the brightness by just testing it and beam shots. But 3 would be outstanding and a wow factor for anyone to see. so 3 would be driven by 3 SXD's correct but what battery power??

I ran and monitored voltage with a nubm44 at 4.5a on just 2 x 18650 as long as they were EFest IMR the sag was ok for half a dozen or more duty cycle length runs, many other brand cells not so much, but we are talking 6 amps so maybe 2 x 26650 would be better unless we used a skyray king which holds 4 x 18650 in parallel and used boost drivers, probably better to use 2 x 26650

p.s. Yes I an enjoying these diodes too, with the beam expander I can put a bright green spot on the most distant trees far off on the horizon IN THE DAYLIGHT, very cool to have a daytime laser you can really use to point far away with, safely of course.

Last edited:
HiRed,
I am going to check out the skyway king I tested the O3 with a 2 E 520 lens and the dot was reduced greatly but brought down the output to about 860mw's. V5 flex drives can boost to 1.5 that is the most of all the boosts we have available.

great work Rick,I love the colors on your server host,
Do you have any way to prevent oxidation of copper?
These hosts will need regular cleaning because they will stain due to oxidation

Hi Trin.
I am aware of CU oxidation I also can powder coat a clear coat on copper but changes the tint a bit. I will do a sample piece and compare it to raw copper and post it in case folks want that option. thank yo fro your reply always.