Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sale thread/ Hosts/Heat Sinks/Focus adapters/lasers

Hi SGD,:thanks:
Wow perfect build good choice of WL for that host, nice and compact EDC build. Good thing that switch in the other pen failed now that diode is where it should be. Although I do like the slim line of a pen from Laser 66. These 490's are a treat for sore eyes the WL is just amazing . Great job as usual nice clean build buddy..

Rich:) :beer:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Here’s one of Rich’s neat little hosts fitting for the Sharp 490nm WL. DTR’s drop-in/preset to 130mA. https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/sharp-gh04850b2g-55mw
I had this installed in a Leadlight pen for a while but the PCB switch crapped out. It belongs in this nice cyan-color Lifetime17 10440 host anyway. The color is more blue in the photo than visually. Another high5 to Rich:). Here’s some pics.
SGD:beer:

Nice build, SGD, that host is a great match for that wavelength, much better than the pen! :beer:
BTW, good job on that host, Rich. :yh:

Hi BTG,
Thanks powders come in a wide variety of colors and finishes to match as close as possible. It's a twist from the every day machined hosts in CU,CU/Zn and AL.
And Shotgun did a fabulous job on that 490 build to. I enjoy seeing the host I make come in to a plan for a customers satisfaction.

Rich:)

Last edited:
Another great build, Josh. I like this host better than the pen. With heat sinking your wavelength will remain more stable. And, if you should want to increase the driver's current, it should still remain stable even at 300 mA.

Hi,
Up for sale :giggle:

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_8e1.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_8e1.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 11
  • fullsizeoutput_898.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_898.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 11
  • fullsizeoutput_899.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_899.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 11
  • fullsizeoutput_896.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_896.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 10
Really nice host, Rich!! That’s a damn good price, too!! I don’t see you having it much longer😁
SGD🍻

Thanks SGD,
It came out great with the momentary side button and copper core, hope it finds a good home and diode..

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_8e1.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_8e1.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 1
I think a MM 405nm or M462/5nm would be sexy in that host!!
Did my box arrive to you unscathed?
SGD🍻

Hi SGD,
Yes I received the box and all is fine should be done this weekend.
I have an N465 in stock but they are quite pricey but they have a can that is a plus. Working on another build to , with 2 X 20700 Panasonic/Sanyo cells.

Awesome, awesome!!
Yeah, that is an expensive diode. I’ve been thinking of doing a nice MM red soon. Perhaps copper, and perhaps something which will contour a sanwu BE.🤔🤔
SGD🍻

Hi SGD,
A red will look awesome in a host thats powder coated to the WL , But again a copper host would be nice, copper is great for hosts. What would you run? 1 or 2 cells..

Copper is awesome, I bought some of those black coated aluminum Chinese modules with brass diode housings and on my LPM the power dropped off fast, it never even peaked, so I put the same nubm44 diode into copper module in an aluminum test bed and WOW BIG BIG difference, from now on it's only copper for high output overdriven diodes and the way Rich does the copper insert is fantastic, I am thinking about a big heat sink with aluminum over copper.

Awesome, awesome!!
Yeah, that is an expensive diode. I’ve been thinking of doing a nice MM red soon. Perhaps copper, and perhaps something which will contour a sanwu BE.🤔🤔
SGD🍻
Hi SGD,
A red will look awesome in a host thats powder coated to the WL , But again a copper host would be nice, copper is great for hosts. What would you run? 1 or 2 cells..

Copper is awesome, I bought some of those black coated aluminum Chinese modules with brass diode housings and on my LPM the power dropped off fast, it never even peaked, so I put the same nubm44 diode into copper module in an aluminum test bed and WOW BIG BIG difference, from now on it's only copper for high output overdriven diodes and the way Rich does the copper insert is fantastic, I am thinking about a big heat sink with aluminum over copper.

Hey, Rich.
Id probably go copper as Red mentioned, it is awesome😍 And as a single 18650. On the muzzle, I was imagining a removable front sleeve. The sleeve would contour and stabilize the BE. But can be removed off the front to reveal just the lens barrel for regular output use. 🤔 I probably should have requested you done 20700s for the NDG7475 host. Those little 18350s go quick 🤣
SGD🍻

That is true considering these green diodes have a high Vf and the drivers are set for 1.8 amps up to 2.2 amps. That was another reason I used my MS-SSW-II host that takes two 26650 batteries. They have a lot more capacity than 18350s do.

Yeah the SXD that came with the 7475 has a pot and is set to 2.2ish according to my MM. I think I get maybe 10 mins of use🤪
Even 20700 or 22650s would be far better. Those 26650s should give you a tons of op time, Paul😁
SGD🍻

Hi,
Yes all would Agee about the sinking capability of copper , the 2 x 20700 host I'm machining will have a copper core in the aluminum sink.
I have yet to try those Chinese module and am so use to using the copper ones so I don't know. I use the full copper on all my builds in all size diodes. The 20700 cells should be fine for capacity larger than a 18650 but smaller than a 26650 almost in the middle size. Red did the test on those other modules and found a big difference right a way, And Paul pressed in his diode into that copper sinner host to.
So basically a full copper host will be great all around for the MM diodes. The 20700 host will also have a driver shelf milled into it and will be screwed into the battery tube.