Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Safety Glasses GB!

they also look like the goggles I've seen in another group buy, but hey, they are actually really nice quality, sturdy and very comfortable!

the fit also does a good job surrounding the eyes entirely.

the "solved!" post was about who paid me.

Strange that the pictures took so long to come for this group buy. And they do look like the ebay goggles but I have no doubt they work as well too. The price isn't too great either considering it is a GB. I mean for all the wait and quality concerns, you can just buy a second hand WL goggles from the BST section (shameless plugging for my own sale since nobody seems interested (except a certain nobody) ;) in purchasing the WL Red Lasershades I listed for sale for only $2 more than this GB). I wonder how these will test out. Keep those pictures(and specifications) coming.

Those red shades look sketchy consider they let through so much red you say ~20mW from 200mW is basically 10% which is enough to blind. What is it OD1 or OD2? Seriously do you have any OD specifications for these glasses.

VLT on the Green pair look like typical red shades seem to block sufficiently well too and I think this should be ok.

Perhaps you should consider sending a pair of each type to someone who has the resources to test the OD and VLT of these goggles before committing on the next GB.

*Edit* just read they were OD4 which I doubt for those pair of red goggles. You should be seeing a <1mW red through those shades!

And for that 5mW green through the goggles, it doesn't look like OD4 from the pics too. Any comment on that?

I am already in the process of getting them to the people to be tested! the OD ratings are listed as OD3 for the Red protective goggles, OD3 green, and od4 IR.

pictures of them on my test subject:

goggles3-IMG_0726.jpg

goggles2-IMG_0725.jpg

goggles1-IMG_0724.jpg

Be wary with those goggles. The 2nd two pics of yours are a style I bought before as OD 3+ NIR goggles. Testing showed the actual OD was in the 1.0-1.5 range, meaning they were letting 10-100 times more dangerous light through than advertised. (I dont recognize the 1st pic though)

chido

So are you going to hold the group buy until you get them tested?

lol lookin' good member02! ;)

but I thought you said they were higher than OD3

OD 3 still means 200mW should look like 0.2mW so you better get that checked out before shipping those goggles out.

pseudonomen137 said:
Be wary with those goggles. The 2nd two pics of yours are a style I bought before as OD 3+ NIR goggles. Testing showed the actual OD was in the 1.0-1.5 range, meaning they were letting 10-100 times more dangerous light through than advertised. (I dont recognize the 1st pic though)

i thew I recognized that style from somewhere...

hey member02

I actually WANT goggle for green protective goggles of OD3. I have plenty of OD6+ and actually want goggles that let more through.

So....if they really ARE OD3 or thereabouts, you'll have my order via PayPal pronto.

epictetus said:
hey member02

I actually WANT goggle for green protective goggles of OD3. I have plenty of OD6+ and actually want goggles that let more through.

So....if they really ARE OD3 or thereabouts, you'll have my order via PayPal pronto.

pseudo said they may even be OD1...

man, there have been alot of posts in 10mins on this thread...

Hey, I am interested in getting a Red pair....when will the answer come in regarding them being OD3 or not?

I'll buy via Paypal as soon as I know they are OD3 for sure.
Thanks!!

Jayls5

xarylx said:
It's concern for the eyes of the people :cool:

Weird, it sort of came across as "don't buy his, buy mine!"

I think it's quite apparent how much light it lets through given the fact that he showed before/after photos. That won't change regardless of if/when it gets tested for some rating.

If the individual who sees the picture thinks it looks sufficient for their laser, I say let them get it. If 200mw turns to an apparent 15-20, I highly doubt anything bad is going to happen unless you act like a complete moron and point it directly into your eye.

Yes that was the idea indeed. I don't really need to advertise for myself anyways. If i wanted to all i had to do was bump my thread to the top so ppl can see it. I was making a point. Go ahead and purchase these.

photos can be deceptive. what he says is 20mW might not be that much. so maybe his goggles are really od3. They really do look like those goggles sold on ebay. Maybe they will work. Maybe some ppl like to buy OD1 laser shades. I mean at least they still block a bit right. so as long as you dont look into the aperture you are fine. Right? Don't point at mirrors!