Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rubber ducky laser!!

Hey guys! Joe here with another "special" build.
Typical hosts are kinda boring for me as you've obviously seen from me. I'm a lil quirky sooo... F- it!
My GF's co-worker wanted a laser for her doggy. At the time I told my GF that any laser I'm going to build is no way safe for an animal. Even the ones tagged as pet safe are probably way over spec. Anyways I saw the e-bay listing for the 5mW laser 10 pack for super cheap... with driver installed.
I also told my GF to make sure to tell her co-worker the dangers of lasers and use it sparingly nowhere near the animal.
I installed a momentary switch to keep the use/accidental use under wraps. Hope you enjoy my "special" build. I'll try em keep them coming. I also have a lego build me and my GF made.. MUHAHAHA
Edit: sry no beam shots, for it produces no beam. It makes a dim dot.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• duckyred.jpg
    duckyred.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 228
  • redducky2.jpg
    redducky2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:

Looks like you tried to embed them directly not using a host. I only know because I did the same thing when I first tried posting pics for the first time here. Or whatever you hosted them to maybe the settings on private not public.

Last edited:
Well thank you sir!!! Being a full time mechanic I sometimes have to make things "work" so to say by any means possible. This "style" fits me! The classic flashlight host is ok for portabilty. I need to break outta my shell a lot!!

Pman

This is awesome:) I demand you add it to my unique builds thread plus any other crazy ones you have(see link in my sig);) +REP

Last edited:

Teej

That is awesome!

If its a rubber ducky though (Squeezable?), I might have put the push button INSIDE, so you squeeze the ducky to fire the laser.

:can:

Hey thanks guys!!! the squeezable switch idea is cool. I would just have to mod it to make it easier to activate!!
Pman I put the link in your thread.. muhahaha so that's two special builds on there.
I might hafta make more of these... they seem to be super popular!!

Good job! :yh:

Is the first laser I see like this, we only need to use our creativity to make amazing lasers from very simple materials!