Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RPL problems!!!

Well that RPL 350 I bought that was haveing trouble seems to have given up :( All of a sudden the dot got all f***d up and the beam got bigger and its power drop from 377mW down to 74mW :( I am going to have to send it to viasho, does any one know how much viasho will charge or what it wrong? Well $700 down the crapper...:yabbem::undecided:
I talked to viasho, and he said they dont know.THIS IS NOT LUKES FAULT NOR MINE stuff happens, I know luke is a GREAT guy!
Thanks,
D

Last edited:

roosl

Hey, Bro-

Why don't you ask Jack what he thinks? He might be able to have a look at it and save a lot of time and distance (shipping). Then if it does need to go to Viasho, he can send it.

Just a thought.

Can you take pictures.....? When you lightly shake so as not to damage any thing any further it do you hear any rattling...? I am willing to bet its one of the lenses have came unglued as since its still putting out a fairly good amount of light its probably not the crystals as they have to be in really precise locations but it could be as I am no expert.... anyway talk to frank at viasho I am sure he will hook you up..... I think they charge about 350$ for a complete overall not including shipping.

Can you take pictures.....? When you lightly shake so as not to damage any thing any further it do you hear any rattling...? I am willing to bet its one of the lenses have came unglued as since its still putting out a fairly good amount of light its probably not the crystals as they have to be in really precise locations but it could be as I am no expert.... anyway talk to frank at viasho I am sure he will hook you up..... I think they charge about 350$ for a complete overall not including shipping.

I will try to get some, and I did talk to Frank at opto, but he said would need to pay $30 for him to ship it back and $60 for him to even look at it, he just sends them to viasho, so I talked to viasho and they said there would be no charge to see what is wrong with it.

I am going to talk to Luke and see if he will help with the repair bills as I just bought this thing a few weeks ago, and there is NO reason for me to pay $700 for a non working laser.

Umm i think you mean jack at opto : ) , Best of luck tho with your laser its always a bummer when these sensitive things break..... that's why its lab lasers for me from now on as they don't move as much and they seem to be built a bit studier

Moptsp

If you didn't handle it ruffly and used as it supposed to be used, I think you should get it replaced for free or at most, at a small fee. Because if you didn't mess it up, it's not your flaw. So why should you pay? And $350 is ridiculous. CNI failed on you several times and still treated you better than this. (that was you right?)

you do relise he bought a 2nd hand laser right? did you not read the post on the supoed 500mw herc?..... its bad news buying 2nd hand lasers

...and there is NO reason for me to pay $700 for a non working laser.

I took video and photos of me testing this laser and did plenty of testing on it to know that it was perfectly operational when I sold this laser to you and you are well aware of that. Please do not think that I sold you a non working laser. You paid for a working laser and you received a working laser. What happened after that is a mystery to me. I am not Jack and I am not prepared to replace this laser. I feel absolutly terrible that this laser died on you so quickly. I wouldn't expect an RPL that has been exposed to normal use with so little hours on it to do that. I do want to help you out and I will offer $100 to help you out with the repair cost of the laser.

I took video and photos of me testing this laser and did plenty of testing on it to know that it was perfectly operational when I sold this laser to you and you are well aware of that. Please do not think that I sold you a non working laser. You paid for a working laser and you received a working laser. What happened after that is a mystery to me. I am not Jack and I am not prepared to replace this laser. I feel absolutly terrible that this laser died on you so quickly. I wouldn't expect an RPL that has been exposed to normal use with so little hours on it to do that. I do want to help you out and I will offer $100 to help you out with the repair cost of the laser.

Thanks Luke, Im not sure if people mis read that, I will edit it and say now THIS IS NOT LUKES FAULT NOR MINE stuff happens, I know luke is a GREAT guy!

If you didn't handle it ruffly and used as it supposed to be used, I think you should get it replaced for free or at most, at a small fee. Because if you didn't mess it up, it's not your flaw. So why should you pay? And $350 is ridiculous. CNI failed on you several times and still treated you better than this. (that was you right?)

Yup that was me and the muffinman that got jiped by CNI. I dont treat my lasers bad! I spoil them! LOL :)