Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ROG8811 yellow questions

The green goes trough the red mirror and the red beam reflects on the mirror overlapping the green beam
rgb%20pic.JPG

InsideLaser005.jpg
THAT WAS THE MOST HELPFUL REPLY I HAVE EVER GOTTEN THAT CLEARLY EXPLAINS IT. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! But what if the red is slightly larger or gets bigger from smaller distances do they really combine?
+1 rep :)
-Twistedsdiseaseservesourcountry:)

Adjusting the red beam will help overlapping the green , and beam diameter divergence
of both lasers are importand

Adjusting the red beam will help overlapping the green , and beam diameter divergence
of both lasers are importand

How will I know if they will work well together?
and is it 5mw green and around 20mw red to work? because I'm probably gonna use 200mW red and 50mW green and I don't wanna waste too many mW ;)

50 of green combined with 200 red will make a somehow dark yellow beam more like 593 , but you can turn the green back a lilbit , i call it PLAY TIME lol and figure out what powers you need to get a nice yellow

50 of green combined with 200 red will make a somehow dark yellow beam more like 593 , but you can turn the green back a lilbit , i call it PLAY TIME lol and figure out what powers you need to get a nice yellow

OK DealExtreme green lasers are never up to spec anyways (I think I'm getting there 100mW green laser module, That should output around 50mW of green :p and I'm not sure what goggles I should get for this laser and my other green laser I'm building. I tried DragonLasers but the visa thing does not work for me and I don't like PayPal, What would you recommend? thanks :)

I don't knwo cuz i love paypal and never tried something else , wait for some 1 who cangive you advice about online online pay methods .

I don't knwo cuz i love paypal and never tried something else , wait for some 1 who cangive you advice about online online pay methods .

Okay i'll use paypal :p but I'm not sure what yellow laser protection goggles would be good... Help pls :) :p

jayrob

I'm attempting to replicate forum member ROG8811 yellow(amber) build.

In his tutorial he say's use the ps3 sled. Why are the dichro's in the ps3
KES-400A sled unique for this build?.

Or is this becouse in the time the article was written that was all we had
to use at the time?.

I'm wondering if the dichro's out of the GGW sleds would suffice in the attemp to build this unit. or any other 3 diode sled.

Any and all info would much be appreciated.

I have taken this as far as I can technically and need some help from my
forum.:thanks:

Another thread you can look at is this tutorial style thread that I showed after following his build. (but used PHR sled optics)

Not selling any parts or kit for that one though. But some good information and pictures shown there...

http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/tutorial-yellow-pointer-project-cool-44427.html

Last edited:
Then why did you send it?!?!!?!? lol.
Did you want me to buy a pair of green laser goggles?

He tried to help you...nothing to laugh about!
Stop using full quotes on all your replys and double posting is also not needed...(there is an edit button..)
You won't find suitable goggles for 589nm because they'd have to block green and red which is not available afaik.
You can look here Thorlabs.com - Certified Laser Safety Glasses for the "Optical Density vs Wavelength" graphs...there is one goggle which is <OD2 for the 590nm-600nm range. So just don't look into the beam is the best advice :whistle:
Or if you can manage it wear two pairs of goggles :thinking:

Last edited: