Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ridiculus Laser Pointer Pro product videos

I do feel like I have been starting a few to many threads lately, but I could not resist sharing this with you :D Of course, we all know about Laser Pointer Pro, possibly the worst laser company ever, but it seems they are getting even more ridiculous. Just recently, they released some new videos showing of their cheap ebay lasers, but they hired some french designer to talk about their products. I won't spoil it for you but I will say these videos are a comedy to anyone who knows there stuff. Take a look :crackup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paRcnagznCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg8AmeomXbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJmcTWB0hU

What do you think?

diachi

Huh, never thought I'd be hearing an English speaker speaking Engrish - sounds like it was written by the Chinese manufacturer.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
High power 8000mW "blue" laser :crackup: Looks like a 1W 405nm to me.
Wrote this on the first video
8W 445nm? You must be joking, for one this a violet 405nm, and two those diodes reach 1.1W max. Even if this was a 445nm, and was using a NUBM44. It would reach a genuine 7W, and that host would be inadequate. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!
Couldn't bare myself watching the other two, lets hope no more people get scammed by this company.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I have just watched the other two video, and my blood is boiling. They have no regard to laser safety. They have no knowledge of their own products. If they do they are just purposely deceiving people. Using a 1W laser as a educational tool. Good Idea :thinking:
2c3808304881cac61b61fb2b5aeef4cc.jpg

I'll look at the website in a minute.

Last edited:
Like diachi said, I think he is just reading manufacturer lines. I have seen many high powered chinese lasers that say they can be used as a teaching tool. Laser Pointer Pro seems to be a re seller of these cheap lasers. I wonder if manufacturer statements like these have caused any accidents. On there site they do have a safety warning, but it is very poorly written.

"Place to note
Now, more and more laser pointers and flashlights sold in the market are class IIIB with a power over 5mW. But when the laser directly penetrates into the eyes, there may be some damage. Especially to some high power laser pointers, diffuse light probably damage the eyes, the focus are more likely to ignite flammable materials. Therefore laser pointers are not a toy, not suitable for children. When operating high-power laser, wear special secure glasses would be safe, especially for the invisible laser. In a word, no matter how much power the laser power is, you need to avoid hitting into your eyes."

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
That is barely a safety notice.
But when the laser directly penetrates into the eyes, there may be some damage.
Are they serious? There may be some damage. Probably a good idea then for a teacher to be pointing one around in a classroom full of students. I don't know what else to say about this company. If anything, I was pleasantly surprised to see that nothing over 5mW was offered for the pet laser section. Unless for once they are overpowered. :D

I bet those green ones in the pet section are those standard ebay overspec pens. This company is a scam and a liability. This company probably survives only due to uneducated buyers who want a "10,000mW" lighsaber.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It is companies like this I can't stand. The worst aspect of all this, is not the scams, it is the safety. The 10000mW laser they are advertising is clearly not that power, but people are receiving a dangerous Class IV (if they do receive it that is). With no education, loose safety statements, and humongous lack of knowledge. They are a recipe for disaster. To make things worse, they are advertising unsafe use of the lasers. :twak:

Indeed. I wonder how many uneducated people have decided to shine the laser they bought from this company into t heir friends eyes as a "prank". It is very reckless. The owners of the site, likely in china may not know any better though. I did also read a report about this site once and it was discovered that the owner was using a service to hide his identity. This makes it seem like the owner knows fully well about the problems of the site, and doesn't want to be discovered. This could just be because of the low quality and outrageous power claims the site offers.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
This does need to be raised. If he is hiding his identity, then this is very suspicious. :tsk:
Yes his lasers are not of the quality stated, the output power is incredibly underpowered, there are reports of lasers never turning up and he is possibly a scammer. But I don't believe this is the reason why he is hiding his identity. How we get that site taken down?

It may be hard, especially if the owners identity is not known. You could call them out for selling illegal lasers that lack the fda safety system, or maybe for false advertising. The site should be called LaserPointerNoob.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
:D LaserPointerNoob.com
The easiest option is probably false advertising.
I was thinking about giving them a go. I would really like a 10w violet :crackup:

Hi these folks are playing on the buyers lack of information to know the parameters around a True Laser build . Young and old buyers are being misled and wind up wasting there money . Its a shame folks don't read upon a subject then when it fails money gone . I build my own based on reading and practice sure i lost a few diode here and there but it made me savvy to know the do and don't . I just can't see buying a Chinese unit thats just me sorry. At least when i build i know I'm using the most superior component i can get . Buyers beware !!!!

Rich:)

diachi

It may be hard, especially if the owners identity is not known. You could call them out for selling illegal lasers that lack the fda safety system, or maybe for false advertising. The site should be called LaserPointerNoob.

If it's a US based company then report them to the FDA/CDRH and let them take care of it. Not much you can do outside of that really.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Lol, I was just joking about giving them a go, no one here is stupid enough. :D Watch the videos, and have a laugh. But it can very easily make you angry at the same time.