Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB Project

Kenom

Mike, how do those mounts for the dichro's attach to the plate? do they screw in from the bottom?

I got the 2 axis mounts with the dicros.  The plate is drilled and tapped for the studs. The plate has double nuts for leveling of the mounting plate and the dicro mounts are installed using flat head screws from the bottom.   This is where using your best measurement methods pays off.  It took me about 15 minutes to allign the dicros.

Mike  

I'll probably get sued now for posting pictures of someone's patent ;D

Attachments

• RGB-4.jpg
    RGB-4.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 112
Kenom ---

I just took this running in demo mode. I've been working on CO2 lately and need to get back to RGB soon :-? I like the colors in this pattern.

Mike

Attachments

• RGB-5.jpg
    RGB-5.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 124

Kenom

That is awesome.
I'm making a RGV spyro.  Runs off one small 12v 3ah lead acid battery all enclosed.

I've only got one dichro now but it doesn't have a mounting so I'm going to sell it and buy the set from diylasershowparts.com I'm currently using wood to mount everything to but I like your idea of using nuts to elevate things.

DSC00013-1.jpg

Kenom ---

I'll be interested to see that. The difference between 473 and 405 will be interesting as mixed with red and green. You using dicro or cube?

Mike

Hemlock Mike said:
I got the 2 axis mounts with the dicros.  The plate is drilled and tapped for the studs. The plate has double nuts for leveling of the mounting plate and the dicro mounts are installed using flat head screws from the bottom.   This is where using your best measurement methods pays off.  It took me about 15 minutes to allign the dicros.

Mike  

[highlight]I'll probably get sued now for posting pictures of someone's patent  ;D[/highlight]
whats the patent

The patent thing is kinda a private joke---  Ignore it  ;D

Kenom ---

Here's another low level picture.  It shows the threaded posts coming up and the nut / springs arrangements.  The laser mounts are designed to get all beams in a parrallel plane to the "bench" and up to the level of the dicros.  It takes time measuring everything and determining how high the beam will be.  All the lasers have different height output above the base.  The dicro mounts are set at 45 Deg to the centerline of the scribed beam path.  That is done with a machine square.  Basic tools for this but you can use a drafting square too.
Buy some layout fluid for this and an automatic (spring loaded) center punch.

Mike

The dicros and mounts are from LaserWave.  Good quality and easy to set up.  Make sure your dicro is coated for 405 nM.

My beam height is 42 mm to match the cl of the Scanpro 20 mirror axiz. That's why everything is on jack screws.

Attachments

• RGB-6.jpg
    RGB-6.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 103

JLSE

Hemlock Mike said:
I'll probably get sued now for posting pictures of someone's patent  ;D

lol, your on thin ice my friend ;)

Nice setup, still working on my next, but waiting for that special cube first ;D

The lake here is frozen over what with all the globule warming!!! Where's Algore???? Thin Ice ????

By the way, I can swim ;D

Mike

Hemlock Mike said:
[highlight]The patent thing is kinda a private joke---  Ignore it[/highlight]  ;D

Kenom ---

Here's another low level picture.  It shows the threaded posts coming up and the nut / springs arrangements.  The laser mounts are designed to get all beams in a parrallel plane to the "bench" and up to the level of the dicros.  It takes time measuring everything and determining how high the beam will be.  All the lasers have different height output above the base.  The dicro mounts are set at 45 Deg to the centerline of the scribed beam path.  That is done with a machine square.  Basic tools for this but you can use a drafting square too.
Buy some layout fluid for this and an automatic (spring loaded) center punch.

Mike

The dicros and mounts are from LaserWave.  Good quality and easy to set up.  Make sure your dicro is coated for 405 nM.

My beam height is 42 mm to match the cl of the Scanpro 20 mirror axiz.  That's why everything is on jack screws.
Ok (Shows what a little research does http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3083&highlight=patent&page=4)

Jamilm9 ---

Yes, I saw that patent thing but it seems to cover a very special aspect of power combining which kids do with magnifing glasses in sunlight to burn more ants. :D
My RGB is designed as recommended by LaserWave with their dicro/mount kit. Nothing is new or special here !!!

Mike

My blue was a hair higher than my other 2 also, so I placed three tiny washers on each of the back two screws in order to point the blue down toward the dichro.