Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB Project

I think my projector area is a little crowded !!! I am considering a two level design to fit it all in there ;D

Mike

Attachments

• RGB-1.jpg
    RGB-1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 157

That's too crowded :eek:

You should see the RGY I'm trying to mod out with bigger lasers, that's MUCH worse than that!

That plate is 16x12". I have a Primary green with 80 mW available, Red with up to 240 mW and a blue with 100 mW. The blue is the big SOB with TEC cooling and monster power supply.
I'm thinking of putting the power supplies in the "basement" along with a control / connector panel.

Mike

I think that would be a good idea. Reduce the size of it.

Where did you get your green from? I'm looking to make an RGV of the same powers of yours (150mW blu-ray instead of a 100mW blue) and I'm looking for a green around that power. How large is the footprint on the green module?

The green is the 50 mW labbie fron Snoctony on ebay. The laser head is 1 x 1 x 3" and the PS board is ~ 3.5 x 2". It needs to warm up a little and the other night went from 60 mW to a peak of 101 mW. I had to turn it down a little. I'm hoping power stability isn't going to be a problem.
The RED is a DX labbie with an Aixiz module stuffed in and a mod to their PS board to get the current.

Mike

That's basically the one I got before the shipping ban. I got the 50/100 model and it easily went to 100 mW BUT not over -- even with a super diode.
Hint: An Aixiz module (or similar DX module) will fit that cube heatsink and almost double the power out.
The DX module in there appears to be too long and the lens doesn't gather enough output from the LD.
Someday, I'll go analog too -- I'm on a learning curve just for DMX :eek:

Mike

Really? I wouldn't of thought the lens in the module would be so bad and lose so much. Interesting.

Yeah, I'm going for an analogue ILDA scanner. Should be good :) Though of course I'm modding a premade, and you're building from scratch, so your project is more impressive ;) But I'm already learning plenty with this project, so I'm glad I went this way.

I may need a larger case to fit everything in though... damn it, it's a nice case too....

it sure looks good! i like the layout!

im doing a similar thing as well except it will be 14x18.5

its really to bad that blue power supply is so big! is it a cni?

The blue is a module from Extremelasers on ebay. It is big partially because of TEC cooling. I think I will complete this as a split foyer project because there is too much wiring for one level.

Mike

I'm getting along with this.  Toasted 2 red LD's   Now have LOC red.
I'm getting the beams alligned and getting about 380 mW of WHITE.

Here it is all messed up on my ceiling  ;D
I may need to turn up the red.  I haven't mounted the scanners yet.

Mike

Oh -- this is through a piece of plastic plate made for difusing flouresceht light in the ceiling. Neet stuff.

Attachments

• RGB1_001.jpg
    RGB1_001.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 97
Some progress here -- I'm going to mount the galvo drivers to the plate but heres a picture of the lasers ON ;D

Mike

Attachments

• RGB-2.jpg
    RGB-2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 318