Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB hand-held laser

EmmanD

Sounds really interesting looking forward to see how it works out in the end.

ARG

Wow! I love those mirror mounts. That will make your alignment really easy.

Everything about this build is very impressive and innovative, I can't wait to see it all take shape :D

You could save room by putting a bb in the center in place of the Allen bolt.

You could save room by putting a bb in the center in place of the Allen bolt.

Hi Jander,

I might do that....good idea... but it would eliminate the Z adjustment that the central screw provides in the current config. The screw centres in a small dimple so a BB would sit in there nice.
Don't know if I'll need Z adjustment, but its there in case.
I intend swapping the cap head for a grub screw when I find some.
ATB
MM

Mitsi 300mw red diode arrived today from DTR - very fast shipping - THANKS DTR !
So I now have all the lasers - 150mw Green module, 300mw red / G2 and a M140 for the blue.
So power will be green 150 +red 600 + about 800 blue = 1.5w - losses, so should get at least 1W of white :)
Also mirrors from Knights Optical arrived 10 x 8mm x 1.1mm thick.

This looks amazing! It's happening quickly too.....can't wait to see it working! :)

Thanks for the comments Joker, Tommmm and Duke, it's still just a pile of bits at the moment:cryyy:

I've added some more photos showing the LCD. Did some more programming today converting some of the development software into the final format that will go into the laser.
ATB
MM

Damn impressive! I didnt think you'd be moving along so quickly :gj: and a couple of these :beer:

this is looking awesome!! :drool: looking forward to seeing it complete! :beer:

Ordered the PCB's so should get these back next week, 4 sets in a small pannel.... hope there's not too many mistakes:eek:.
In the meantime, I'll see if I can get the LCD cover machined next week and that just leave the battery tube and "cone driver housing cover" joiner thingi to make.
ATB
MM