Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB hand held 400mw at O-like 269.00

Snecho

Huh. I used to own a JL 473... turns out I still have the battery, 26650. Forgot all about it.

Just got the shipping confirmation from LPS. Will keep everyone posted, ETA 10-15 days
Nice. My LPS came in 7 days. :)

I would be surprised to find the RGB handheld has user adjustable beam alignment. If it does I could get interested. As far as I know even the more expensive Sanwu RGBs aren't user adjustable.

bertha

That's a cool laser RGB
o.png

I doubt it's intended to be able to get in and adjust alignment, but if it's easy enough to get into who cares if it's what they intended.

TunedCavity (nee JLSE at LPF) has many YTube vids and show stages of making- RGB and same wavelength iirc 450nm 4 diode- .
If you start w/ their first YTube --2011 I think--you can see how far they have come-- IIRC it was a build of 300mW at 650nm.

some links--

Inquiries: tunedcavitylasers@hotmail.com

I subbed them at FBook

on the RGB--

''Fully adjustable multi colour laser. Produces shades of peach, teal, pink, and most importantly white! The revised version includes a very fine control over the three primary colours (red green blue) when compared to the 1st version which used slide potentiometers to adjust in a single pass. The user now has the ability to fine tune the output colour via 3 rotary, 25 turn pot's. The internal laser head is temperature controlled in order to maintain your favorite colour by stabilizing all three laser's output wavelength. All packed into a simple one handed package, this laser only boasts 115mW (stable), but its not about power, its the beauty of the light : )''

see all vids to date here:

ANOTHER multi-beamer from TC

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Their first YT vid 11 years ago and by todays standards no big deal--bUT 20 + vids since then-- wow!

TunedCavityLasers
14.9K subscribers

So-- we get to see how these 'store-bought' RGBs preform and how built,,,

anybody wanting to build multi diode lasers should also study the work of Joe & Lucy and how the ones bought made.

we had a thread about which members we would like to meet-- I can list >10
(They left LPF but are still members here)
BUT JLSE/TunedCavity would be number ONE-- hands down--afaik in the house they have:
Clean Room- machine shop- They are an awesome team--

I really tried hard but when I was passing thru Toronto in 2008.....but they were at the Hospital--Lucy was giving birth.

The multi diode builds include lots of pics showing quite a bit-- and AFAIK you could contact them and ask questions
AFTER searching here and asking our Res. experts first. they do sell of their builds sometimes but do not make a bunch to sell.

so TC is another source of great info..
sub them at YTube.

hak

It's here... Review coming this week.

Some highlights:
Dichros used to combine 3 diodes, as expected. Nothing special about it.
Host uses 2x 26650 instead of the 1x I was under the impression of. It's huge.
Alignment is ok for short distances... Though is noticeably not perfect.
RGB looks almost the same as GB. Not nearly enough red in this thing.... Probably because it's 650nm.

Snecho

It's here... Review coming this week.

Some highlights:
Dichros used to combine 3 diodes, as expected. Nothing special about it.
Host uses 2x 26650 instead of the 1x I was under the impression of. It's huge.
Alignment is ok for short distances... Though is noticeably not perfect.
RGB looks almost the same as GB. Not nearly enough red in this thing.... Probably because it's 650nm.
Ah well, what did we expect.

I didn't expect it to be perfect but hoped it would make a decent white beam, but the more I looked at the available info I decided to wait.
Thanks for taking the plunge on this one ZRaffleticket, I look forward to your review.

Two 26650s is a large host. Especially since you don't need that much current to drive these three LDs. I would expect that depending on the red diode used, you might be able to get more out of it. I can get 400 mW out of the LPC-840s.