Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Reke 500RGB (laserius projectorus-cheapus)

Yeah, I'll have to see what they do, and perhaps see if I'll need to bring in Paypal too (who I hate, but we'll see).

Did you mess with the exposure of your camera? Sometimes that'll allow you to capture the visuals especially if seeing something like the background isn't so important. Doctorbass's camera might adjust better to bright lights like that.

You can try but you will have to cover return shipping if you get PP involved for sure... They will probably try and offer you dinobucks or whatever.

I clicked on the button that says receive proof of delivery yesterday and I got a reply dated today:

usps.jpg

I have been checking tracking every morning and I found this just now:

Processed Through Sort Facility November 15, 2011, 3:01 pm ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Processed Through Sort Facility November 01, 2011, 8:43 pm SHENZHEN, CHINA PEOPLES REP
Acceptance November 01, 2011, 6:45 pm CHINA PEOPLES REP
And USPS wonders why they are going out of business!:crackup:
Anyone else ordering from Dino, don't let them pull that EMS shipping crap on you!!

I figure another week now and I'll have mine (If USPS doesn't lose it between here and SAN FRANCISCO) Mine took a boat ride and not an airplane:undecided:

Every postal service sucks... With any luck it will show up eventually.

besides, anyone did some ILDA Testframes yet? my DAC ist still DADA so i cant...

On the Reke projector? I have....

Lets just hope that they mean handed over for inspection.

It probably does... it probably fell behind someones desk and they just found it and sent it to customs to inspect... No one has reported a seized laser projector here yet so I hope you're not the first. :)

This is better than checking everyday and seeing no movement since November 1st!

Express Mail International® Inbound Out of Customs November 16, 2011, 8:48 am

But what does this mean?:thinking:

This is better than checking everyday and seeing no movement since November 1st!

Express Mail International® Inbound Out of Customs November 16, 2011, 8:48 am

But what does this mean?:thinking:

Guessing it cleared customs and is back into the mail stream... It will probably be delivered in a few days.

Guessing it cleared customs and is back into the mail stream... It will probably be delivered in a few days.

I have been really looking forward to getting this since you first told me about it months ago.

:beer:

So now I am part of this too.
I put through an order a couple of days ago using the last couple of hours from the Thanksgiving savings offer. Total purchase pricing was under $300 CDN. And I'm having it shipped to me at work so it will go through the company brokerage as all lighting related shipments from China do. As the only warehouseman here at work I can be sure it will come to me.
And getting a chance to read the last couple of pages has me worried that I'm getting the one without the ILDA port despite the listing on the DD website.
I have noticed that they have removed the ILDA port listing under "Specifications" but it is still part of the main description.
Pretty sneaky thing to do as it was still listed there when I locked in my purchase. (Took a few days to finish the payment process as I can't complete it through the limited access through the computer system at work. Weird what things are blocked...)
Checking that other thread about the old posting concerning the ILDA port problems leaves me (and us) hanging as to whether DD will honor their obligations to provide what they advertise.
Let's see what develops...
:rolleyes:

I put through an order a couple of days ago using the last couple of hours from the Thanksgiving savings offer. Total purchase pricing was under $300 CDN. And I'm having it shipped to me at work so it will go through the company brokerage as all lighting related shipments from China do. As the only warehouseman here at work I can be sure it will come to me.
And getting a chance to read the last couple of pages has me worried that I'm getting the one without the ILDA port despite the listing on the DD website.
I have noticed that they have removed the ILDA port listing under "Specifications" but it is still part of the main description.
Pretty sneaky thing to do as it was still listed there when I locked in my purchase. (Took a few days to finish the payment process as I can't complete it through the limited access through the computer system at work. Weird what things are blocked...)
Checking that other thread about the old posting concerning the ILDA port problems leaves me (and us) hanging as to whether DD will honor their obligations to provide what they advertise.

Did you get the Reke 500RGB I linked in the OP or did you buy the other one people have started talking about the RGB500 or whatever with the apparently faster scanners for a few bucks more?

I don't think anyone who ordered the 500RGB like I did got one without an ILDA port... Some got ones with a key switch and some got ones without but they all had ILDA ports... If you ordered anything other than the model there's a good chance it won't have an ILDA port...

I added the fact that Dino has been screwing people on shipping to the top of the review and that people who buy the other projector probably won't get an ILDA port.

I think you will likely not have an ILDA port... Good luck getting it resolved though... You can probably add one with much effort.

Same here
Give it a week.. You will probably have it

Sigh.. maybe I'll have to settle for those "gift cards." It just sucks having to buy multiple things to get this thing working and then wiring it, etc.

Can someone please measure the back of the projector case and the location of the screws in case I need to swap out a back?

Sigh.. maybe I'll have to settle for those "gift cards." It just sucks having to buy multiple things to get this thing working and then wiring it, etc.

Can someone please measure the back of the projector case and the location of the screws in case I need to swap out a back?

I measured mine for you. ( it's the front plate, but is same dimensions as the back plate.. ( extruded aluminum case...)

Doc

Attachments

• Reke500RGB front plate measurement_800x600.jpg
    Reke500RGB front plate measurement_800x600.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 258
I thought i could give some contribution to this great forum, so here it is:

This is my review of the REKE 500RGB and the RUBY L86

Doc

Last edited:
Thanks for the measurements and a good comparison of the two projectors. I wanted them to see if the back-board of the Reke could work with the Ruby.

Dino Direct is supposedly going to give me a $90 gift card for my troubles. I guess it's better than shipping it back or not having a replacement case delivered. Man does DD have a shit selection of stuff. Who the hell would buy a wedding dress of all things from a site like that? They have no good parts, no good lasers. The shipping is horrendous for projectors, so it would mean I'd have to pay $90 more to use the card on the cheapest ILDA-equipped one they have.

It Moved!

• Inbound Into Customs
  • Processed Through Sort Facility, November 15, 2011, 3:01 pm, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
  • Processed Through Sort Facility, November 04, 2011, 1:43 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
  • Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
  • Processed Through Sort Facility, October 31, 2011, 8:50 pm, SHENZHEN, CHINA PEOPLES REP
  • Acceptance, October 31, 2011, 7:09 pm, CHINA PEOPLES REP

EDIT: What the hell were they doing at ISC NY if it is only at customs now? Lets just make this a speedy ISC stop, USPS.

Looks like yours and mine are travelling together:wave:

I hope we both receive choice units! I wonder why your projector went all the way from New York to San Francisco?

Last edited: